Guest viewing is limited

TKR Joyfull61's Recovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, @Celle!

I ran for 20 minutes last night (walked another 20) and it was wonderful. I'm incredibly slow, but my knees feel strong and solid. No major sciatica issues with the run either. A little tingling in my leg, but no numbness thankfully.
 
I have what I think is great news.

The sciatica issues are almost resolved AND the lingering knee pain has been cut in half (at least). I am thrilled!
The problem? MY ARCHES FELL. I'm now wearing inserts that support my arches and the pain has almost disappeared. My knees were constantly rolling and pulling on tendons and causing irritation and inflammation. I feel like a new person. It's truly amazing how both the hips and feet contribute to knee health and if one or both are not working correctly, it can throw everything off.

I did my first 5K race Saturday (waking and running intervals) and met my goals which were not being the very last person to finish and to complete the course in under 55 minutes. I finished in 53 minutes. I'm going to keep walking with a little running thrown in, but no long distances.

I haven't iced my knees in a week, even after my race, and the swelling is almost completely gone. I'm so amazed. I wanted to hug and kiss my therapist this morning :loveshwr:
 
What wonderful news! Ain't it great getting back to normal!!! It makes it all worthwhile. At first it doesn't feel like it, but if is worthwhile to have this done.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom