Guest viewing is limited

Journey started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, i'm not going to stay awake so I can keep a stop watch on him. He said something I thought was funny. I guess I thought they ordered the particular implant for you ahead of time, but he said it's like a shoe store. When he gets a good look at the joint, he pulls the right size and style off the shelf. :rolleyespink:
 
Hi Janet,

My name is Bonnie, I am 12 1/2 months post op from a RTKR. I have had a situation in my life that has kept me away from Bonesmart more than I would like but am trying to get more involved again. I read your first posts then skipped around a bit, but I see that you have decided on the BTRK on June 4. It looks like you are getting well prepared with lots of information early, that does help so much!

It is great that you will have a recovery buddy in Jacky48, I will have to go to her thread and introduce myself as well.

Although I have had great success with my TKR, I think I will be one of those 1 1/2 year recovery people. My knee still has a stiff feeling most days, and I am always aware of it. But, with that being said, I am no longer in pain and I can do almost anything I want to do. Getting a new knee was the right choice!

Best wishes to you!!
 
Hi Bonnie! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello! I expect to be one of those 1 1/2 year people as well, based on that it took that long after my arthroscopic surgery. Carrying around a Bakers cyst, and something that would always get caught up back there after sitting for a while, it really was that long for it to feel loosey goosey!

Jacky will be a good surgery buddy, but I haven't found a thread of her own. :what::what: I'm sure she'll have her own recovery thread.

I'm glad that you are happy with your knee a year out! We love to hear that!!:yay:
 
Janet, my OS also said that he has a variety of sizes at his side, because they never know until they're in there what your best fit would be. I found that comforting since now I know he's not going to just put in there what he has at hand. All knees are different therefore they need multiple sizes on hand. Both my knees could be different sizes. I like that in a guy!:thumb:

Janet and Bonnie I haven't started a thread yet and I really don't know why, however I will get that going soon.

Oh yea Bonnie Janet is right we DO love knowing that you had great success with your knee.:yahoo:
 
Janet, my OS also said that he has a variety of sizes at his side, because they never know until they're in there what your best fit would be. I found that comforting since now I know he's not going to just put in there what he has at hand. All knees are different therefore they need multiple sizes on hand. Both my knees could be different sizes. I like that in a guy!:thumb:

It makes sense! I thought it was funny to use the analogy of a shoe store. Size, style... Is there a choice of color? I'd pick purple, to match my German crutches.
 
J

Janet and Bonnie I haven't started a thread yet and I really don't know why, however I will get that going soon.

Oh yea Bonnie Janet is right we DO love knowing that you had great success with your knee.:yahoo:

Jacky48,

Since you don't have your own thread, I just wanted to reply back and let you know that I have the knee that you are going to get! I am very happy with it, I even ran a 1/2 marathon on it at 9.5 months post op. I've had X-rays all along, 2 weeks, 6 months, 1 year and each time I am told the same thing..."Your knee is perfect!" I hope that you are as happy with your's as I am with mine! :thumb:
 
Really? REALLY? Woke up this morning with my hip in pain, my arthritic hip. It hasn't given me any pain in a few years. Just rearing it's ugly femer head to say, "you don't think you'll be done after the knees, do you?"
 
I hear you about the hip, Janet. I had to have a cortisone injection a week before my surgery. That lasted almost a year and I got another last month.:dancy:

My surgeon said the same thing about picking the right size for your prosthesis. I am very small boned and worried about the size. My knee is a perfect fit. After all the swelling has finally gone down, it almost looks like the other knee!! :th_heehee: I will even wear bermuda shorts this year! I live very near the beach and that is the uniform here.:loll:
 
As long as there are arthritic joints, there is cortisone!:wink1:
 
Janet, LOL!:th_heehee: Purple sounds cool! I would pick red to match my fiery disposition!:hysterical:
That's terrible about your hip acting up! That's what's crazy about this stage in life, Ya never know when a new pain will crop up and how long it will stay for the visit!:hissyfit: Hopefully it will subside quickly! I have found that when my hip acts up I make a special effort not to lay on the side when sleeping, this way there's no pressure on it and it tends to settle down after a few days. I've had shots in my hip also, and it's been many years now, they are not something to look forward to.:cry: I hope I didn't just jinks myself!:skeptical:

Bonnie, thanks for the report on your knee, I was hoping I'd hear from someone and their experience on that knee. I appreciate it!:friends:
 
Jacky, I like red! It would look great in you! :loll:
After my handfull of morning pills, my hip has subsided to a low grumble. My knees were bothering me last night and I think I laid in the wrong position for my hip for too long. It does impact my PT for my knees, as doing leg lifts and the such just makes that hip grind! I have arthritis in my spine as well (thanks Dad!) and, knock on wood, that hasn't bothered my for a few years.
 
Yeah, I also have it in the same places! I snap, crackle & pop all day long(thanks mom!). You might say I have a traveling band with me everywhere I go!:hysterical: I kill me sometimes! Forgive me!:wink1:
 
Hi glad to see you here. Like you I have been reading and reading, but I have made up my mind!!!! I am scheduled for June 4, 2012 btkr. I too am very very nervous, but hopfully I will be calmer closer to the date!! I just want to walk with out falling and dance again. My os still feels that I'm too young yet he sees that my knees are gone!!!:dancy:
 
Hi, Blakqueen....welcome to BoneSmart! I'm glad you are doing some reading here on the forum. And it's also great to hear that you have surgery scheduled so that you can begin to get on with your life. Please don't hesitate to post any questions or concerns that pop up.
 
Janet, as long as I'm adding a "hoot" and not a "toot" to the band I'm good!:th_heehee:

Blakqueen, us Juneknees will be fine! It looks like there'll be quite a groups of us. That's great. because when one of us feels down the rest of us can help lift them up!:wubroses: That's really what's nice about this forum, we're all going through the same trails and tribulations and we know and feel your pain! True story!:friends:
 
BlakQueen, we will be going in on the same day! The more the merrier, right? Until then, we'll be here for you, with frozen peas on our knees! Loll!
 
Janet, frozen peas won't cut the heat in a knee.:rolleyespink: Try this recipe:

1/3 c. rubbing alcohol
1 c. water
double bag in zip lock freezer bags
freeze
when ready to use, put a clean small towel on the knee and apply bag

This makes a slushie mix that conforms to the knee and stays very cold for a long time. I made several so they were always ready. You have to be careful not to split the bags and sometimes change them. I found this kept my knee colder than my ice man machine. I had one hot knee.:hysterical:
 
I'll have to try that little concoction. I do like the peas ever so much more than ice cubes. Thanks!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom