Journey started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Janet, I just caught up with your thread . Sorry to hear about your medical setbacks. Kept positive thoughts and pray all will be well. My thoughts and prayers will be with you this week.
Kim
 
Thank you Kim, I hope you have a great week leading up to Friday! Hope I'm still on schedule for the 4th.

Nyland, i tried three zero gravety chairs out this week, and couldn't get in or out of them! I keep thinking there is a better one out there. I couldn't get them to recline. Hope they work for you! Now if you both get stuck in them, who will get you out? :th_heehee:
 
i tried three zero gravity chairs out this week, and couldn't get in or out of them! I keep thinking there is a better one out there. I couldn't get them to recline. Hope they work for you! Now if you both get stuck in them, who will get you out? :th_heehee:

Seriously my problem with them as well!:scratch:
I cannot get out of them unless someone is standing there pulling me up and out!
 
Janet, sorry that things have been soooo complicated.

I had a similar experience the week before Liam and I were married on a Saturday-- a questionable mammogram early that week with an ultrasound that Friday. I told them that I was getting married the next day. They did the ultrasound, said that it looked suspicious and that I needed to get a needle biopsy ASAP the next week. I calmly and slowly repeated, "Like I said earlier, I'm getting married and we'll be on our honeymoon next week." Her response was, "Oh, well don't worry about it. Just have it scheduled sometime next month." I said, "NO, I want it scheduled ASAP the week after next." It turned out to be the usual "nothing".

It's good that you're keeping on top of things and communicating with the various doctors, etc.

Meanwhile I hope that your holiday weekend with family has been and continues to be a good one. Positive thoughts and prayers continuing for you -- and everyone with upcoming surgery (and whatever else).
 
Hi Janet,
These worked great, but I don't think they will be good after surgery. They have arms with a foot bar. We used them all day! Pushed down on the leg bar to get down/out. {Because we had to use leg power, not the best for after surgery.) To recline we used the hand bars. We both elevated our legs all day while watching our 4 year old grand-daughter. Whenever we had to get up, we could....in fact, it was easier that getting up out of a lawn chair.
Know that I will be thinking about you and praying for you!
 
Janet,
All the best for your upcoming biopsy that it is negative, and your TKR proceeds on schedule.:flowerysmile:
 
Becky, Thanks. We had a lovely evening. My son and his new wife hosted their first bbq in their new home. He's been working out of town for 5 months and just moved back, so it was a joyous time all around!
 
With Orthodocs help in thinking this through, i think this will be my approach going into tomorrow. If the surgeon is in agreement that I need the biopsy, I believe I will have it tomorrow. I will beg to get the results back by the end of the week. I will consult with the OS and if the biopsy is benign, maybe he will agree to examine my insision and give me the go ahead for knee surgery on Monday. It isn't until 12:30pm, his last of the day. Otherwise, I will postpone the knee surgery. Either get back on the surgical schedule in September, or put it off indefinately while I deal with cancer treatment. It is what it is, and I'll do what ever I need to do, and it will be lousy , but it will be okay. I thank everyone for your support. I know how important it is to stay positive going into your own surgeries. Hopefully, it will be a hectic week for me, but that I will be there in recovery with the other sunbeams! Otherwise, you can give me all the more advise when my turn comes again. :friends:
 
Janet, you are being so level headed and practical and appear to be taking everything in stride; but I know that this is extremely stressful for you and your family. You are in my thoughts and prayers and will continue to be until this is resolved.

All us BoneSmarties care about you and are in your corner and will be here for you at every turn. We are all sending positive vibes your way. Please keep us updated when you have time.

Please remember that we care.
 
Janet, you ARE a trooper, you may not feel it right now but you are! I do so much wish you the best tomorrow and will be looking for your report! Stay positive in thought and you will win no matter what life throws at you.:thumb:

I'm so happy that you had a great time with your son and his wife! :) Happy times!
 
Janet, sounds like you have a good plan in place and have thought this through. You will be fine even if you have to post pone the knees.

Wishing you all the best tomorrow.:grouphug2:
 
Someone was in error to tell me that I would have the new biopsy today, it was just a consultation with the surgeon! His schedule is full, but he squeezed me in for Thursday morning. He'll do a frozen section that he can report to me before I leave, and they will try to get the final report on Friday. They are doing their best for me! He did go through all the images and explain the what and why, so I have a better understanding. It will be an excisional biopsy, like a lumpectomy, which is good. I'm still hopeful that I'll have the KNEES done on time! Thanks everyone, for your concern and good wishes!:friends:
 
What a week for you! The waiting game. Make the decison to have both knees done, prepare for surgery only to learn you are on hold. My heart hurts for you waiting. I am sending good thoughts your way, and hoping all goes well for you this week :-)
 
Thanks Janet for the report! It was nice of him to squeeze you in this week. I hope and pray that your new knees stay on schedule.:friends: I, like yourself and everyone of your BoneSmartie family will be on pins and needles until we hear positive news and all is well!:thumb:
 
Vicki, Wishing and hoping all the same for you!

Jacky, i think this is going to turn out okay, but i have to tell you, I feel like I have been jumping through hoops to the point that once this week is done, all the exhaustion is going to catch up with me. I don't know how I'll get up and go with the new ball on Monday! What I'm hoping is that if this turns out okay, and I know that in time, that the relief will give me the pick me up that I'll need. But I feel robbed that I haven't had this last couple of weeks to just get my mind in it and be ready. Oh well. One thing at a time!
 
This certainly did catch you from behind for sure, but when the results come back clear, you Will grab that new ball and run like a champ with it! You'll be so relieved that nothing will be able to stand in your way. I imagine you like a football player who just caught the ball and is making a mad dash to the finish line knocking everyone else out of your way! And we'll be going, YOU GO GIRL!:yes 4:
 
Good one Janet!:hysterical: At that point you have permission to use whatever gets you there!:thumb: ;-)
 
Hi Janet!
I've been thinking about you today. Praying for good news on Thursday!
 
Oh, boy, Janet! ((HUGS))) to you! What a trying time, but you know we are all here for you!
I hope the bx is negative and you can move forward on your soon to be new knees!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom