Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Janet, did your hubby sit in the blackout section of the super bowl? Glad he made it home in one piece.
 
Not sure. He said that it wasn't dark, they could have played, except the scoreboard and clock were down. He had a good time, and gained 4 pounds, so he brought some of the good time home! Lol!
 
Today was a nice to be normal day. We went to the park to watch the kids go down the sledding hill today. The intent, as usual, was to park and watch them from the car for a bit. First time out this year. New snow, 28*, no wind and sunny. Perfect! And then it occurred to me, I didn't have to stay in the car! I walked to the top of the hill, pleased that it was painless, but while I expected that, I was really pleased and surprised that I wasn't breathless at all! For me, that's almost as much of an accomplishment! That pool walking must be doing more than I realize!
 
That is great Janet, so much fun to be out there watching the kids. You should have dropped to the ground and made a snow angel.
 
I suppose i could have gotten down and up again, but I wasn't dressed to be snowy! But forget the snow angel, if I was going to get down, it would have been to sled down the hill! Maybe not quite ready for that...
 
Yo Janet, you go girl! Isn't it an awesome to feel to be able to do what you thought you couldn't do! :thumb: I can see you going down that hill with your grand kids next winter! :yahoo:
 
So good to hear how you are doing Janet! And that its all good :cheers: :cheers:
 
My decision to have BTKR, rather than going through surgery twice and stretching out the recovery many more months was a good decision for every reason I can think of. My decision to act on it and get it done the first half of last year was the right timing for many reasons also. The big impetus in deciding to get it all over with sooner than later was my desire to be able to go up and down stairs carrying something in my arms. The something in mind was a baby, if and when it came along, following the wedding of my son, now 15 months ago. Said baby was announced last night! Baby is due mid September, when my knees will be 15 months old! Yay!
 
Hi Janet I just had to tell you that being able to carry my 3 month old grandson up and down the stairs is also a goal of mine as at the moment my hubby has to do it.My hip surgery is happening 5weeks today. So glad that you were able to climb that snowy hill. Well done
 
It's a good goal! My youngest grandson is 3 1/2 and I was barely able to carry him walking around, much less go up and down stairs with him! I had to have my husband with me in order to babysit. Not this time!
 
Aw Janet, congratulations on up and coming new grand baby! :yay: How exciting is that! :thumb: What great timing to have your BTKR done, sweet! I am so happy for you! Oh, and did I say sweeeeeet!
 
Oh how exciting Janet. I know I am so ready for my granddaughter that is due April 2nd. So much to look forward to.
 
Yes, very exciting and very sweeet!! Victoria, the 12 year old, gave me a package and they said it was something that she saw and wanted to get me. It felt like a frame as I unwrapped it, and at first I looked at the frame and said how nice. Then I looked at what was in the frame and I gasped! My daughter flew across the room and grabbed it from my hands and gasped! It was the ultrasound and engraved underneath was "Coming Soon"! Jenny has been part of our family weight loss challenge that started on Christmas. She found out the day after New Years. Wanting to keep it secret until after her first doctors visit, she's been feeding me false weight loss reports each week for our progress spreadsheet. So she's officially off the hook!

Debbie, April is around the corner, how exciting! September seems a long time away right now...
 
OMG what a great presentation! Yup, I'd say Jenny is of the hook alright!:) Just think, only 7 months left! Look how fast 8 months of recovery went!:thumb:
 
So true! Time to enjoy the expectation. They plan to find out the sex of the baby. This will be a first for me. My daughter never wanted to know ahead of time. They tried to plan a girl, but I'm feeling boy. Maybe because that's all we've had.
 
They say, in my neck of the woods and I think they did a study on it, the the sex of the child is driven by the father's side of the family (this way they can't blame the mother I guess! :scratch:), if the father has more girl sibling, than boy siblings then it would be a girl! :shrug: So my dear, by these thoughts of mind you may get your granddaughter after all! :thumb: I know as grandparent we love all our grandchildren, however having a mix is awesome! Good luck my friend, I can't wait to hear what your new grand baby will be! Very exciting! :thumb:
 
Well, I have two boys and a girl, so as siblings, he has one of each. My son in law has one brother and two sisters, but has three boys, so that didn't work out.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom