Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
Have fun and show off that fancy pedicure! Certainly hope it becomes sunny Florida while you're there.
 
Have a great holiday (vacation!) Janet. I got pulled over at airports in both GB & Canaries despite having a tag that clearly states I have an implant. Maybe they think I have drugs strapped to that knee too!!!!
 
Have a great holiday (vacation!) Janet. I got pulled over at airports in both GB & Canaries despite having a tag that clearly states I have an implant. Maybe they think I have drugs strapped to that knee too!!!!

Hi Rita,
Prepare to have extra attention at airports for the rest of your life! They don't take any notice of cards, tags, doctors' letters or anything else.

My TKR always rings the bells at security and then I get the wand or the pat-down. "Such fun!" :yikes: I've learned to allow extra time for that.

It's a small price to pay for a knee that no longer hurts.
 
Hi Kathy, have just caught up your posts & am so glad to see that your ROM is improving. We were all so concerned for you around xmas! Seems like you are doing well now & (like us all) learning patience!!! :whistle:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
Hoping you don't get washed away tomorrow---looks like it'll be rainy Florida again---gonna get soaked here again, too.
 
I think we're just south of the band of rain. Sunny here now. Tomorrow might be the day to break out the Monopoly game!
 
I love the Monopoly game, can I come! :) Thanks for letting me know about the full body scan, that's a big plus in a time saving sense! :thumb: I hope you're having a fun time with family kiddo!
 
Reporting in from Florida! We are having a wonderful time, and the good news is that the kids had a snow day today, so no school missed. Shucks, we missed the snow! We did have less than an hour of rain yesterday mid morning or so. A low pressure system. Man did my knees hurt! It started the night before, and only started to ease up at bedtime last night. Now they are much better and ready to go to Disney tomorrow!
 
6:40am, D-day (as in Disney). I'm up having coffee and icing my knees in preparation. Not at all convinced I want to go, but trying to be a trooper. See you on the other side. Cookie Monster and Elmo will be reporting.
 
Janet, how was Disney. I'm looking forward to going to the beach this summer with our three kids and their families (4 grandsons under 4). Do you still feel tightness in your knees. I do and wondering if that is normal. I'm thinking maybe I don't walk enough. Could you tell me how your knees are doing since you are close to my first TKR (June 24) and my second Oct. 1. -- Sherry
 
We survived! Almost twelve hours at the Magic Kingdom and my knees and feet held up wonderfully! I had no pain all day, walked the whole park, seemingly in circles. Last year I would not have made it from the handicap parking to the gate. The kids did wonderfully, the only meltdown was done and over with the first five minutes we were there (the three year old thought he should have cotton candy at 10 am). Perfect weather.

Sherry, I do still feel tightness and swelling, mostly in the right knee. Probably more tonight after a day at Disney. I could use some ice, but I can't seem to find a bag that doesn't leak. And as noted a couple posts ago, I had a really painful 24 hours a couple days ago when a low pressure system went through. I know there are still many months of that to go, but it really was a magical day at the Magic Kingdom that I was able to walk as well as the rest of the family!
 
:goodpost: Janet so pleased to hear you had a great day with your family. Really comforting to know you had such a long day and no aches and pains. Am so jealous youve been to Florida. We have been to Disneyland Paris but its a lot smaller. That was before all my knee problems when the kids were small. Have a great holiday.:yay:
 
Awesome Janet! :yay: It's wonderful to hear that you had a magical time in Magic Kingdom, and Cookie Monster and Elmo behaved themselves!
 
So glad you had a great day at Disney, Janet, and that Elmo and Cookie monster behaaved themselves.

I'll be hoping for a similarly good day when we go to Toyko Disneyland, in about 3 weeks' time.
 
Thanks all! Yesterday we went downtown to the waterfront in St. Petersburg where the hotel is that we stayed in last year. I distinctly remember looking out at the waterfront walk and pier and saying that I almost felt like a prisoner because I couldn't walk out the door and down the walkway. Yesterday I walked it all! Of course, that's no surprise after being able to walk Disney, (or perhaps it is, since I walked Disney!), but I remember how I felt last year, and how it made me sad. I think that was just before I booked my surgery date. I've walked so much that I'm feeling it in my shins, so I had better be careful!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom