Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! It's a fun challenge. Last year Jonnie wanted a chessboard cake that he could play a game of chess on before we cut it. I made the top out of chocolate squares and he played a game with grandpa before we ate it. It's always fun to figure something out. I think I have a picture on here...
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
    image-3566607971.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 96
Cool cake Janet! Not sure it would last long enough in my house to play a game of chess on it. LOL!
 
The Igglybuff cake was a big hit with the kids. My daughter thought it was so cute, she just wanted to pick it up like a baby, and then realized she couldn't bring herself to put the knife into it. Sort of like you bonding with your lamb shank, Jacky! I had to cut it up for her.
 
:yay: for lgglybuff! Aw man, your daughter bonded with the cake! What happens to us, anyway! :skep: I'm glad the cake made a big hit! :thumb:
 
My daughter posted this picture saying that "Grandma looked a little too happy with knife in hand and hacking into poor baby Igglybuff!" There was no hacking, just serving!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
    image-3406038951.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 122
Hahahahahaha, Janet, you killed me on this post, way too funny! I love your pic and smile! :friends: Love it when we can freak out the kids! :)
 
Wonderful cakes and posts!! If I ever have any grandkids, I think they will have to be satisfied with quilts! I would be useless in the kitchen - unless we all hire you Janet!
 
Debbie, the reason I'm laughing in the photo is that just before she took the picture, I WAS holding the knife in a stabbing pose, but decided I didn't want that image memorialized in a photo!
 
Holy Moly, I almost missed that today was the 4th, my 8 month lunaversary! I went back to look at my 7 monh post to see if anything had changed. Well, now I can say something did! In my 7th post, I talked about taking a bath, yet undone. So I decided that before I posted tonight, it would be done. OMG, it felt sublime! I just laid there limp and semi floating and listened to the bubbles popping! It felt wonderful! I have a cushiony waffly tub mat with suction cups on the bottom, for when the kids were littler, so I put that down to kneel on and keep me from slipping. Getting out, I made sure I knelt mostly on the knee with the incision farther to the inside, and that I pushed up mostly with the arm that doesn't have a sore shoulder. It was no big deal! Yay! I was taking a risk of staying in the water trying to keep warm and wrinkling like a raisin if I needed assistance - Hubby's flight doesn't get in until midnight, so he won't be home till close to 1am!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
Great way to celebrate 8 months and to pass another milestone all in one fell swoop! Sounds divine! Congrats!!!!!
 
WOW Janet, you did it! What a milestone, and you did it with hubby out of town, however you knew he would be home in plenty of time to pull your poor wrinkled, raisin body out of the tub! :) It must have felt wonderful! Congratulation my BTKR buddy! :friends: You're my heroine!
 
Ah, thanks Jacky, et al. I couldn't believe how wonderful and relaxing it felt! Hubby just got home from the airport, so now I can go to bed and should sleep well!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom