Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind snow and cold. We had a few inches Sunday night before the freezing rain started. It was in the 50's today, raining all day and foggy. Snow is gone now. It's the dark and grey I mind. There have been years that a whole February goes by without seeing the sun. Those years are awful! It's 57 right now, tomorrow is 56 and then 25 on Thursday. By the weekend we might have a chance of sun. Ha! Now we're having thunder and lightning! At least it's some light, an improvement, I think!
 
Weather here has been kooky too. Last week teens and 20s, this week two days of 70 degrees. Then plunges 40 degrees and we have rain, high winds and flooding. Now we are back to 30s and flurries for the next 3 days. Wish it would decide what season it is in already!
 
Janet, I just saw a big pile up in Detroit today, I hope you're safe and sound in this kooky weather we are having! Yesterday, here in Connecticut we had such high winds and warm temps! Today we had warm temps and sun, and tomorrow we're expecting freezing temps again! Weird year for sure! :shrug:
 
Jacky, thanks for asking, we are all fine, although my son travels that road to work, so I did check to make sure he hadn't gone in late. It was a mess as it unfolded. Two children died, and the other two family members in that car are in critical condition. A man died in a separate part of the pile up 200 feet away. Sudden white out on slick roads. Such a shame. There was another 32 car accident near Flint Michigan, and I saw there was another in Minnesota. My hubby said it was bad when he drove to the airport at 8am.
 
Wow, Janet! I heard of the deaths and it really worried me. I'm so glad your son was not in that mess! Thank god your hubby is alright too!
I hate to hear such sad happenings, especially now when I know so many new friends worldwide! I don't know where your hubby went, however I wish his safe return to you! :friends:

Stay positive my friend!
 
Hubby's gone, I'm treating myself to my first cup of coffee in bed this morning, and look what's finally outside my window - Sunshine!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
    image-1108971219.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 145
Sweet! I wouldn't move either! Enjoy your weekend, I hope you do something nice for yourself while hubby is away! Ya know what they say, when the cats away.......! :egypdance:
 
My oldest grandson turns 9! tomorrow, so I'll be busy with that. I'm doing some experimental cake baking this morning (when I can tear myself away from my nest here in the bedroom), then my daughter is coming over at 6pm for dinner (Asian delivery) and cake decorating. It will be a 3D Igglybuff cake, per his request. Then tomorrow will be a family birthday dinner at their house. Hubby has gone to the Superbowl every year since Jonathans birth, so the date is always dicey with his birthday, but this is the first time he will just completely miss it. So at least I have some plans this weekend. Nothing Sunday and Monday.
 
Janet, enjoy your time with hubby gone. I know I don't mind when Dave takes his hunting and fishing trips. I do as I want and the house stays clean...LOL Dave has not had to put up with me being gone much, but times will be a changing when my granddaughter is born. I guess I did spend some time away with my grandson was born too, but that was closer to home. I have never been gone for more then a week (and I think that was only a couple times). I will be leaving the end of March and staying for a few weeks, up to a month. Although Dave will fly out to see the baby too. Happy Birthday to your grandson.
 
Janet, it sounds like you have a good couple of days planned! The cake making sounds like fun, 3D ligglybuff cake sounds like a challenge! Good luck! It'll be nice to spend some alone time with your daughter with dinner and cake decorating. Enjoy!
 
Enjoy your weekend, Janet!

My hubby is going away tomorrow, on a sailing holiday with an old school friend. He'll be gone 2 weeks. I'll miss his company, but boy am I looking forward to doing my own thing and just pleasing myself!
 
Celle, enjoy your time! The last couple of years, when he's gone on his guy trips or longer business trips, I minded more because I felt a little trapped. I couldn't walk, even to just go to the store to get out of the house, so what was I suppose to do? I was pretty much stuck sitting in a chair on the main floor. Now, I still spend a fair amount of time in said chair, but it's a choice, not the only choice! And if I want to do something, I do it. When we lived in Europe, my husband went to Russia to work, and we lived separately for four years. Weekends were like dating again! I mostly enjoyed having the house to myself during the week, but four years, we both agreed, was too much. Actually, it was five, because there was one more year he was in Switzerland before he retired and we moved back to Michigan. People talk about an adjustment to retirement. We went from living in two separate countries, to moving to the US, transitioning to a different life after 18 years, ( some reverse culture shock if you will) and retirement at the same time. 24/2 to 24/7. Now I don't want him to leave.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
Igglybuff cake----too much----and so cute! Your grandson will love it. He has a talented grandmother.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom