TKR Josephine's knee story

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] Josephine's knee story
@Josephine, you are now an
[Bonesmart.org] Josephine's knee story
!

[Bonesmart.org] Josephine's knee story
Sorry to hear that you're a bit of an unhappy puss, just
[Bonesmart.org] Josephine's knee story
it's bound to get better.

[Bonesmart.org] Josephine's knee story
rest, elevate, and ice, ice, ice! :)heehee: as if you didn't know!)

Here's a special badge just for you
[Bonesmart.org] Josephine's knee story
and
[Bonesmart.org] Josephine's knee story


Take care and keep us posted. You know we care.
 
Glad you made it through surgery, but so sorry you had some bad experiences in hospital. Thanks for posting the info on the cryocuff vs. ice packs - I came home with an ice therapy unit for 3-weeks, and liked it so much, I ended up buying one. I can definitely tell when I haven't iced enough, as the pain shoots up.

Hope you're on the mend soon and that your stomach settles down. I had a really tough time the first week I was home between the pain, swelling, medications and nausea (not to mention constipation and insomnia). I am crossing my fingers that you see improvements every single day!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Hi Josephine,
Thinking of you and hoping that you are doing OK.

I made your turkey and leek pie yesterday - but I used a cooked chicken instead of the turkey. It was delicious.
There was enough for three days of meals for the two of us and the cats got a few treats as well.

Thank you for the recipe.
 
Thinking about you and hoping you are feeling better today. I appreciate all the advise you gave me with my surgery and it helped tremendously.
 
Hi Jo, sorry your body is reacting to all the carpentry. You know the drill. Hoping things ease for you!
 
Hi @Josephine , I'm just popping in to say hello and how are you? We haven't heard from you in a while, I'm sure you probably want your privacy and peace and quiet, but I just wanted to let you know we all care and worry about you. I hope you are ok xxxxx
 
I just talked with Jo and she is having a tough time of it right now. Her new knee is fine, but she thinks she has developed a whopping case of cellulitis. She has seen a doctor and is on antibiotics, but is still feeling very rocky. She'll be calling the doctors again on Monday. She'll be back online once she starts feeling more "human" again, but I'm sure she'd appreciate hearing from you all!
 
Thanks @Jamie, I'm sure Jo doesn't want us bothering her, but as I said, we are all worried when we don't hear, so I really appreciate you letting us have news.
@Josephine, I'm so sorry there is a hiccough in your recovery, we are all sending you warm and healing good wishes. You are always so supportive of us, we are thinking of you xxxxx.
 
Hi Josephine,
Hope you're feeling OK and the weather ooop north isn't too bad! Wanted to take a minute and let you know how much you've helped me over the past 2 years, and send some warm wishes your way!
Cheers,
LL
 
Hi Josephine So sorry to hear you are having all of this happening to you so much to deal with on top of your surgery. Wishing that they find a way to make it easier for you and help with it all. Thanking you for all the time you have given to me and all of the other bone smart people and for having answers when we needed to have some one care and understand Wishing you all the best and thanks once again Holly
 
I hope the antibiotics are doing their job and you start o see a difference soon.
 
Hope you start feeling better soon, sending healing thoughts and prayers your way.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
Oh dear. Nothing trivial about cellulitis and very sorry to hear that @Josephine is going through this. I hope by the time you read this, Sister J, you've gotten to the doctor -- or directly back to the hospital.
 
Hi all - sorry for being AWOL. Thanks for all you good wishes.

Update is that I feel ILL and then some. Mostly, I think, due to the cellulitis. Shaky, feeble, no appetite, full of pain, disinterested in everything, especially food! Can't even cope with phone calls because my fingers shake too much to dial a number. Strangely, I'm better when I'm up and about than when I'm sitting down. Most odd.

On the plus side, I am now able to get about the house with neither stick nor crutch (as my surgeon predicted!) though don't get too concerned, I do still use furniture and stuff for support and progress carefully. Today I had my carer carry some laundry upstairs and hang it out in the spare room while I got on with my shower on my own. I have been doing it on my own all along but with the carer 'on duty' in the doorway just in case! So having managed that and feeling more like working to my own schedule instead of sitting about waiting for them to turn up, I told the agency I don't want them any more. My neighbour's been far more helpful to me than they ever have anyway, doing washing up and getting in shopping for me. Bless her heart, she's been a real gem.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom