TKR Josephine's knee story

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Josephine sending get well mojo your way. I have read through both your threads and love the wealth of knowledge you bring. I am so glad I found you and Bonesmart. I have told everyone I know how this site is a godsend!
Praying you feel better soon!!
 
Josephine you have every right to feel sorry for yourself! You have been going through an awful lot. I feel for you. It has to get better sometime. ☺️
 
Hi @Josephine

I'm sorry to read about your other issues apart from the TKR. I am sending you get well soon wishes x

[Bonesmart.org] Josephine's knee story With love from Nana Moon 27 xxx
 
Well, the cellulitis wasn't giving up that easily! Had a flare-up a few days ago and had to have another course of antibiotics.
Oh bother! :gaah:

I hope the new antibiotics soon work their magic.

Meanwhile, HUGS to you. :console2:

I'm sending my healing thoughts, to go with those from everyone else.
 
Well, I had a really good day from 8am onwards. Did a little bit of tidying up in the kitchen and a lot of posting on the forum. But then at about 6pm, the pain suddenly returned like an incendiary and now I can't get comfortable any way I try. Legs up, legs down, sitting up, laying back, doesn't matter how, it hurts in different places each time. Mainly it's focussed on my calf and outer thigh which is the IT band area. I know it's that because sitting on an ice pack relieves it. But the calf, which is the principle area of cellulitis, just doesn't want to give up. If I rest my foot on a cushion to relieve the pressure on the calf, the knee complains because it doesn't like the stressed extension. If I lay on my side, the entire leg complains. Can't win. Only time I am marginally comfortable is standing or walking around (thus proving it's not a DVT!). I can't take any more pain meds until 11pm (it's now 8pm) so I shall just have to grit my teeth. I'm so desperate for a nap I could cry.
 
It is hard when you get in a position where you can't control the pain and can't get comfortable. Sending you lots of hugs and hope it passes soon and you manage some sleep.
 
Sending you :sleep: wishes.
 
Oh, I feel so bad for you, it is a horrible position to be in. Sometimes having a good cry can help. Thinking of you
 
[Bonesmart.org] Josephine's knee story
Oh, if only I could just wish away your pain! Hope by now you've had your 11pm meds and are beginning to feel better and can get some sleep.

[Bonesmart.org] Josephine's knee story
 
Wishing you a good night's sleep!:SUNsmile:
 
I hope your pain meds have kicked in and you are feeling better, and can get some :sleep:.
 
((((HUGS)))) to you, Jo. Sometimes this stuff is just not fair!!!
 
Do hope you get some sleep & relief from that calf pain Josephine....lack of sleep makes everything so much worse & is so frustrating. Xxxx




Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Josephine Sorry to read that you are having a bad trot - hope the cellulitis gets knocked on the head with 2nd lot of antibiotics ans you can then really focus on your knee - take care Maggie x
 
Hi @Josephine, sorry you had a bad evening, I hope once you took your meds your night wasn't too bad. It was good that you managed a reasonable day though, that must have helped a little to cheer you up. When I had IT band issues my PT said to still ice the knee, but to place a hot water bottle on the outside of my thigh, it really helped me, I thought I'd just mention it in case you felt it was worth a try. I hopefully get a good day today, followed by a good evening xxxx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom