TKR Josephine's knee story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great to hear from you! I'm so sorry you are feeling so bad, I hope you will improve soon. It's good that your neighbour has been so helpful, we all need friends as we go through this recovery. Best wishes, xx
 
Hi @Josephine
I'm sorry you are still feeling so ill. Your poor body - it's got a double dose of things to get over. First your TKR and now the cellulitis. No wonder you have no energy and your appetite is minimal!
Just carry on doing the best you can.

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but do try to eat something, or else your diabetes will go out of whack, too.

What a blessing that you have such a good neighbour!

I'm thinking of you and sending healing thoughts. :angel:
 
Sorry you've had cellulitis to deal with as well as your TKR Josephine....hopefully those antibiotics will see it off quickly.
Glad your neighbour is being a 'star'.....thinking of you and hoping you feel better very soon. Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Jo, so sorry to hear you have been having so much trouble with your leg. Are you sure you should be without a crutch or anything yet? I used my walker for many weeks before using a cane. So pleased your neighbour has been so good to you, you certainly deserve some TLC. I will call you again soon, if you have a problem answering leave it to go to your voice mail.Love and (((HUGS))) xxx
 
Hmmmmmmm was thinking yes I.do occasionally was wondering what you would say to someone.else posting same issues.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Thanks all.
hopefully those antibiotics will see it off quickly.
They appear to have done just that.
Are you sure you should be without a crutch or anything yet?
Well based upon my surgeon telling me that ALL his TKRs now leave hospital on day 2 with no assistive devices whatsoever, yes.

Had staples out today. Being rid of those and the dressing seems to have also removed a considerable amount of restraint from my leg bend. Was going to take a photo but I have discovered my camera has gone missing. Only 'other' people who have been in the house since I last used it were 3 carers. Ho-hum. :whistle:

I was going to go to bed properly last night but when it came to it, I just couldn't. Could I have developed a bed-phobia?!! :unsure:
 
Glad to hear the cellulitis is clearing up, and your staples are out. As for the bed phobia, when you are ready you will be back in your bed, and not a moment sooner.
 
I'm glad you're feeling better, Josephine! Good job you got onto those antibiotics!

I seem to remember that you spent quite a while sleeping in your recliner with your last TKR, so don't worry about using the bed yet. Just sleep where you're most comfortable!
 
I am very glad to read that the cellulitis is going bye-bye and is clearing up! I hope you find that camera---and hope that you feel better with each day.
 
Congratulations on no more staples. Hope those bad bugs are well zapped. :arrow:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Josephine's knee story


Take care and keep us posted. We care.

[Bonesmart.org] Josephine's knee story
 
Things may not be perfect yet, Jo, but your voice sounded so much stronger and perkier today. I'm glad to know the cellulitis is not an issue any more. Now if we can just get that IT band resolved you'll be skipping down the sidewalks.
 
I had the bed phobia thing tried it said nope so my.sofa was my sleep pal. Personally I think it was in my head better be.closer to.everything I need. Also a wee pike dive down.stairs didn't help. Take care and follow your own advice to.the letter. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Legin THR Sep 14
 
So glad you are starting to see progress Jo! Onward and upward as we say!
 
Oh thank goodness the cellulitis is going away. I made chocolate cranberry muffins today and if I could I'd send you some as you sound like you need some TLC and comfort food. Not sure they'd do your diabetes much good though.

So glad you're doing well with your new knee. No crutches already. WOW now that's impressive.
 
So you must be about 2 weeks post op by now. I must be brief, but I felt I should at least check in with you. Hope you have a good RICE celebration. Take it slow and easy. You know all of the lines!:flwrysmile: It probably is good medicine to hear them from others, too, though. :elevate:
 
thinking about you and hoping you are getting better. I appreciated all the great advice you have given me it's has helped me tremendously!
 
Well, the cellulitis wasn't giving up that easily! Had a flare-up a few days ago and had to have another course of antibiotics. It's still making me feel ill, sickly, anti-food and generally feeling very sorry for myself. Sorry can't be more upbeat than this.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom