Josephine Status Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please tell Jo that it's great that she can make us al laugh at this point in her recovery! It is noon over here in New Jersey -- and she gave me my first huge laugh of the day (got up late). I'm impressed that she is walking with elbow crutches too -- not the walker. That's really fantatic!!
stephani
 
Hi everybody!

This might be the last post I need to make as Jo is
ready to go home!

The stairs were no problem - "easy peasy" and standing on her leg
seems to be ok - feels she only needs to use one crutch but to be safe
won't try that for a while.

The only thing stopping her is the supply of toilet frame etc. so
hopefully that will be sorted out tomorrow.

Brother and his wife are on standby to travel the 250 miles as soon as
they get the word.

Great news isn't it?


------------------------------------------
[Bonesmart.org] Josephine Status Report


Jean
 
Wow! That's REALLY fanatastic!! And Jo's cats will be SOOo happy to see her!! Along with us when she begins posting again. although please tell Jo to not spend too much time at the computer because in the beginning it might be uncomfortable and also -- since time on the computer tends to take over the day sometimes --- she needs to do her exercises first -- Of course she knows this but as someone who spends a lot of time online doing research and email -- it does tend to dominate your life which is not good with a new knee.
And thank you again for updating us so often and so well, Jean.
 
Fabulous news, Jean!!! I'm sure Jo is beyond ready to get home and on with her recovery. You have been so wonderful to post status reports. Thanks for taking the time to do so. I wish you and your hubby the best. Tell Jo we love her but not to hurry back to her forum duties. Maybe she could just "lurk" for a while or post as a recovery patient......nope, that's a pipe dream.....she could never stop being the wonderful, helpful nurse she is! Oh well....maybe she'll just take a few more naps during her days at home.
 
Jamie,
You are so right on!!! Jo is a Wonderful, helpful person!!! I wonder if she will even lean on us here at the forum even alittle!!! Maybe she will just to make us feel good about ourselves????? Kind like

[Bonesmart.org] Josephine Status Report




Dang but Jo-Jo is so special!!
^i^
 
So happy for Jo that she has done so well and is going home tomorrow. Once you get out of hospital things really start moving along and before you know it you are getting back to normal. Give JO my love. Have kept her in my prayers.

Can someonoe post the web address for Christ First, Please? Thank you. Rowdy
 
Janis thank you so much for keeping us updated.
Way to go Jo!!!! So glad you are on your way home. I remember that wonderful feeling of being home
judy
 
We will all be so happy and relieved to have Jo back with us! She has NO idea how many prayers have flown heavenward on her behalf! Jean, I suppose you can tell that she is the lifesblood of this forum and we care so very much about her. Thank you from me too Jean for your continued help and up-dates. We would love for you to come anytime and chat with us. Let us know how your Hubby is getting on and just be a part of our forum! Love to Jo from the States!
Nancyo
 
Jean, thank you so much for the updates. So pleased Jo will be able to go home Monday. Tell her not to rush things, take it easy and behave herself!!

Hope your hubby is doing well. Look after yourself too, and of course tell Jo we love her and look forward to seeing her backe "HOME" on the forum!! ((((HUGS)))))) Sue
 
Have just come back from visiting my mother in Norfolk for the weekend so am catching up with posts. So pleased Jo is doing well and hope she manages to get home today. Welcome home Jo if you're reading this! Linda x
 
Again, thanks for all your good wishes which I pass on to Jo as we usually have a chat every day.

There is a slight hiccup re going home as necessary equipment can't be delivered until tomorrow and
maybe not until Wednesday! Needless to say Jo is getting really bored sitting in hospital and can't
wait to get back home.


Jean
 
The good old NHS strikes again! So sorry for the delay. Jo must be so frustrated and fed up. Hope she can stay positive for another couple of days. Linda x
 
Oh Jean!! Don't you know that if they keep Jo for another couple of days she truly will be running the place and they'll be wanting her to go home! I had a laugh at the thought of keeping our Jo anyplace she doesn't care to be! Pitty's the sake of anyone who gets in her way then! Send her our thoughts and love and assure her that we'll still be here waiting for her sage advice and can't wait to hear this experience in detail. I do hope your Hubby is doing well. I'd really like an update on his progress if you have the time. Have a great day Jean. Thank you again for all that you do.
Nancyo
 
Thanks Nancy. I know what you mean about Jo running the place - but don't tell her I said so
[Bonesmart.org] Josephine Status Report


Husband had his heart attack several months ago actually but he's still not 100% and doesn't like to be left alone especially as he has arthritits and doesn't walk too well. Considering he stopped breathing and had a cardiac arrest the ambulance crew were wonderful resuscitating him. All in all he is much better than I ever thought he would be but as you see I couldn't go to stay with Jo and leave him on his own and I do not think he would cope travelling all that way.
Very nice of you to enquire - you are all very kind.
 
Hi Jean, thanks again for the progress report. Glad your hubby is doing OK now. Wish him a healthy recovery.

Sorry Jo can't get home yet, typical NHS as Linda says, but at least she will be further into recovery when she finally gets there so will have her brother and sister in law there for longer, theoreitacally, if you understand what I am trying to say?

Hope the nurses are doing as Jo tells them!! Love and (((HUGS))) to you and Jo. Sue xoxo
 
Jean, thanks for the continuing posts on Jo's status. I don't know what we'd do without you!!! I got a chuckle thinking about Jo starting to bark out some orders. The hospital staff will probably go out themselves and find the equipment she needs to be sure she gets on her way! Just kidding.....Jo is such a sweetheart, it's pretty difficult to imagine anyone on this earth who wouldn't love her. I know she must be so bored though and wanting to get home to "normal" again.

I have a good friend who went through a heart attack like your husband's. The ambulance team had to resuscitate her THREE times between her house and the hospital. Her heart attack was about two years ago and she is back working and living her life. It did take a while, though. Because her heart stopped so much, she lost her ability to concentrate when she is even the least bit tired. She is a realtor (66 years old) and copes by planning her important meetings in the mornings whenever possible. She still takes a nap every afternoon and sleeps at least 8 hours at night. Rest has proven to be a real key for her. Another thing that has helped is that she does 1 hours of cardio exercises 3 times a week. Our hospital has a cardio program for heart patients where they can go into a workout room under the supervision of a nurse for $5 per visit and do the workout. It is a GREAT program for people that have the discipline to go the three times per week.

I wish you the best and want you to know that your husband will improve over time. I was really surprised to see how well my friend did after about a year had passed.

Hugs to you, my dear! You and Jo are two in a million!!!
 
So sorry to hear Jo has to stay in the hospital longer than anticipated or desired. It will be so great for her when she gets home. Do you all remember how wonderful that felt? And the first real shower? Those memories linger, so they were good ones. She'll be home before she knows it and will just put us all to shame with her recovery, I'm sure.

Sorry to hear about your husband's heart challenges. I will lift him up in prayer that God heal him quickly and completely. In the meantime you are right not to leave him... baby him a bit. They all love it (and deserve it, but don't say I said so).

Thanks so much for keeping us informed on Jo's recovery. Let's all pray for her equipment to be delivered tomorrow!!!
 
JO IS HOME!!!!!

I received a very short PM from her this morning that only said she is home and totally exhausted. She was going straight to bed. I'm thinking she might pop in for a "hello" once she is rested up and not in pain. So....stay tuned!!!
 
Jo is HOME WooHoo!!!!!!!!!!
Happy Dance Time!!!!!!!!!!!
[Bonesmart.org] Josephine Status Report

Jo-Jo is Home

[Bonesmart.org] Josephine Status Report


Gee I look a little green around the gills LOL

[Bonesmart.org] Josephine Status Report


I am so Happy You are Home Jo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom