Josephine Status Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is great news Jean, thank you for letting us know. Please send her a virtual ((((HUG)))) from me and tell her I will be seeing her in person on Monday April 13th for a real hug!! :-) Sue
 
thanks Jean for the good news on Jo. The best part will be her first steps!! Which since I am 4 hours behind the UK with early Daylight Time change- hAs probably happened!
 
Well,
About all I can add is:
1. Stay stoned.
2. For gosh sakes, take those stool softeners....just sayin'
 
Janis (Jean), thanks so much for the update! I can't believe she has such a wonderful appetite already! Bravo!!!! On my first day after surgery, I was only nibbling on cheese and crackers. Go, Jo!!! We miss you!
 
Another brief update on Jo:

She says she's doing really well and said the surgery went fine. Her pain level is 5 to 5.5 and she says thats bearable. Such a trooper that woman! Her voice is sounding very strong and awake which is a good indicator of proper pain management. I think we're gonna get our Jo back in record time!!
 
That's good news Jean. Thanks for keeping us posted. Hope the steps this afternoon are the first to a speedy recovery. Love to Jo and you take care too. Life is often harder for the carer than the patient- or so my husband tells me!! Linda x

PS Have I got it right and you're the sister that's going to be looking after Jo?

No Linda - not me looking after Jo - I would've if I could. I'm carer for my 80 year old hubbie who recently had a heart attack. He's doing well now but obviously not 100%. So we are very pleased that our brother and his wife can get there and look after her.


And Jamie - she rang you?? that's great.
 
Jean, actually she called Nancy last night and they talked. I'm hoping that Jo will feel like calling me here soon so I can hear her lovely voice. In the meantime, you are doing a great job keeping updates coming. Thanks so much!
 
Jean
Thank you for the updates on Jo. I was so worried we would know nothing unti she came home. It sounds like she is doing just great. I'm so glad
judy
 
Janis,
Hello! It is so nice to meet you. I am so sorry to hear about your Dear Hubby.
I hope that he is doing well. As you can tell by our post we all love OUR Jo!!!
She is such a wonderful person. I am so lucky to have found her here.!!! She helps me make it throught the hard times. And I hope I will be able to return the favor soon.
Thank you for being so kind and sharing with us.
^i^
 
Thanks so much for keeping us updated about
Jo,! Would you ask her is she's even using
Half the items she schlepped to hospital?
Jo's lucky to have you & we all appreciate the
Updates! :)
 
Jo just dictated this message:

The surgeon has been very impressed with my straight leg raise , which was
about 15" off the bed - not actually straight as the femoral block is still working.
Also managed 80 degree flexion.
Drain out
TCA gone
Oxygen gone

and Judles - yes, I am using them all!

Love and Blessings to all!


Jean
 
Jean, please tell Jo that I think she is still a pistol even on drugs!! This is such good news!!!
 
Update on Josephine.

The patient ate a hearty breakfast
2 Weetabix
Scrambled eggs
and 2 slices of toast!

I am sure she feels a lot better now after her long day
without anything to eat yesterday :)

I think the physio is coming to help her to walk a few steps this afternoon.

All your messages have been passed on to her and she says to thank you all!

Jean



p.s. CallingAA - hope you improve very soon - you will get there in the end!
(which is very easy for me to say when I have not been through it)

Also - thank you Becauser -
I have sent a pm to RW on Christ First but didn't know where to post on the forum.
You can pm me as well over there if you would feel more comfy,RW made a thread to post her as she progresses (bcauser)
 
BCauser! -I AM absolutely delighted that
Jo is doing so beautifully!
Please tell her at least she's able to use
All her gear etc! And please tell her to keep
Up the wonderful recovery!! :)
 
That's our Jo!!! She's getting ready to
Whip our butts by getting a leg up on us!
:). Splendid progress, Jo!!! :)
 
Janis,
Thank you again for the wonderful update!!!! Isn't Our Jo Something!!!!!!
Ok I can not help myself I just have to "Happy Dance"

[Bonesmart.org] Josephine Status Report


^i^
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom