Guest viewing is limited

Josephine Status Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
So glad to hear that Josephine is doing well. WOW she may indeed wonder what we are whining about with leg lifts and 80 degrees bend. Way to go, Jo. Okay so I can hear in my head one of those post that says."everyone is different and respond differently, well not a direct quote but it represents one of her talks to us so she will continue to show sympathy and empathy for those of us still taking baby steps.

Love and prayers to you Jo
Nana
 
Wow! Becauser! That's some way to start
Your recovery! Hope you are NOW feeling wonderful
Every day! :)
Does the rainy English weather affect you
In any negative way???
 
So very glad that the terrible waiting is finally over for Jo. If love and good wishes count for anything in this world we should just about be able to "will" Jo better in no time. I am sure that everyone here is sending their best possible vibes to her.
Love to you Jo
Sue & Nev
By the Way Calling all Angels I just adore your dancers. I think that I like # 1 the best
Can you imagine if Jo came partly out of the drug haze and the Cat was doing it's dance.
I think she would totally crack up uncontrolably.
 
Yea for Jo!
So glad to hear you are doing well. I didn't want to bother you with my little complaint from my private message a while ago, but your answer did help my attitude SO MUCH! My GP listened and took x-rays for me to take to my OS. From what I can see from the CD they gave me...the hip joint doesn't look that bad, but there may be arthritic damage to the lower spine. I'm going back to my OS the week after our school break that starts today. I can face whatever it is. I do want my life back and I'm tired of cutting back on doing what I love to do - be with students. I'll let you know what happens. You're the best! NLK
 
Welcome & Good luck, NLK! Hope your
Doctor figures out how to give you relief,,,,,
Asap! Keep your spirits up! :)
 
Hi everybody!

I have just had a word with Jo and told her you have not forgotten her lol!
I am sure it cheered her up when I told how many of you have posted.

She has had a bit of a downer today as her knee is very swollen but she is finding the cryo-cuff very soothing. Managing to walk a little bit and doing some exercises - aiming to go home Monday if her surgeon agrees.
She sends her love to everybody.

I bet she can't wait to get back on line to 'speak' to you all! - Jean
 
Hi Janis! So sorry to hear Jo had a down day....
What a bummer! Tell her we hope tomorrow will
Be a better & brighter day for Jo! We ALL
Miss her feistiness! Feel better,JO!!! :)
 
Jo
We all are praying for you here. REst, ice elevate, take those pain meds and stool softeners!!!
Hope your downer day is gone and replaced with up days as you deserve the very best.
judy
 
Thanks, Jean....all the chicks were just waiting to hear the latest status report. But....so sorry to hear about the swelling. Even though a person knows this can be part of the process, it doesn't make it any easier!!

Jo, here is a BIG Kansas ((((HUG))))
[Bonesmart.org] Josephine Status Report
complete with sunflower bouquet just for you. I hope this is very temporary and you are back to wowing the hospital staff with your progress.
 
Jean please give Jo my love and a big hug! Tell her I can't wait to hear from her in person! And tell her to take it easy - one step at a time!!! :)

Peta
 
Jean,
Tell Our "Jo" that the 3rd day is the BAD day!!!! Don't know why but the Nurses' always tell you that the 3 day will feel like a Elephant has stepped on you. And so far they have been right on the money!!! Not counting surgery day because you are pretty doped up that day LOL. You are so great to keep us up to date!!! Thank you, Thank you! I hope that your Hubby has been feeling well. I have add you both to my prays.
^i^
 
Thanks for the report Jean. I think third day is worse as the anaesthetic has worn off and the leg block too. Make sure she presses the button on the IV for her pain medsenough too.

Make sure she takes some photos of the leg so she can post them later, we all do that. We just like to compare. And of her waving to us too please Jean!! Thank you.

Have a great weekend both of you. Thanks for visiting her, I know she must really be appreciating it. Nothing worse than going through this kind of surgery alone. Family and friends are really important after major surgery, especially if you live alone. I got quite depressed after 3 weeks too as I thought I should have been getting around more than I did. This forum was a life saver, lots of support and understanding. Jo has helped us all so very, very much. She is one of a kind.

Tell her Sue is looking forward to giving her a real ((((HUG))))) on Monday 13th April, I will be visiting family and friends in the UK, we are driving up from Essex on our way to the Lake District.

Thanks again Jean. Hope your hubby is doing well too. Sue xooxox
 
Josephine feeling much better today due to (and this is what I was asked to say)
"stool softeners and fibogel have worked. The grand opening was at 6 a.m.
- feeling much relieved now"
I am sure you will all understand
[Bonesmart.org] Josephine Status Report


Physio very pleased with her use of elbow crutches as she is walking in good
strides without shuffling. Knee bends etc also very good but can't try the stairs yet
as she has acute sciatica (I think that is what she said) pain so will hopefully do that later.

All in all the patient is doing well and sends love to all.


Jean
 
Grand opening.....gottta luv'em!!!
This is how I felt.

[Bonesmart.org] Josephine Status Report
 
Hi Jean! So glad the patient's sense of
Humor is returning! It does sound like
Jo's movin' & groovin',,,,,,,well maybe not
groovin' yet.........but getting there soon!
Sending love! :)
 
Just wanted to say hi to Jo and give her my best. I'm kind of new here so she may not recall me. I am almost at 4 weeks and although I have done extremely well there has been some days where I wondered if this was worth it. I can see that every day or two has been some new development to deal with lots of aches and pains. Having friends and family (and lots of prayers) has been the best medicine. I've learned so much from this site but most of all is that "I'm not in a race" just take it one day at a time. Glad to hear that Jo is doing better and my best to her.

Hope
 
Jean, so glad you posted and even more happy to hear that our dear Jo is on the move again!!! There's NOTHING worse than that, "Help me, I've stopped and I can't get started again" feeling!!!

I hope her swelling is down also so that she can move around with less pain. As we all know, things will go up and down now and then, but they will steadily improve. You have certainly been wonderful to pass on the reports. We all appreciate you so much.

And, Jo....hurry home. Don't cause the staff too much grief. We miss you VERY much!!!

Jamie
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom