Guest viewing is limited

THR Jomarie58 recovery Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So good to hear from you! Take your time....and plenty of ice and pain pills and lots of naps. You'll be home (and expected to whip up a meal!!!) in no time!
 
Wow @jomarie58, you're amazingly coherent! I'm feeling so excited for you, knowing your surgeries are behind you! I was so elated and felt I could deal with just about anything knowing the dreaded pre-op waits were behind me. You sound great and I'm so happy you were able to avoid the dreaded barf bowl! Hugs and well wishes my friend! :friends:
 
Ooh, sorry about the problems with the spinal but glad you made it through and are recovering now!
 
Good morning. Not a bad first night! The nurses have been good about getting me ice and keeping my pain level at 3 or lower. Did sleep on and off, longest was 2 1/2 hours straight. So glad I remembered my eye mask to block all the light and to use my phone as a white noise machine.


RTHR 1/15/2016. Posterior approach. Due to AVN. LTHR on May 26, 2016.
 
Wow, @jomarie58, I am so happy for you! You are way more "with it" than I was this early. And walking on the same day of your surgery, I can't even imagine it! I am thrilled for all of that sleep you had, am sure it did you good. I am a bit confused about them giving you a tuna sandwich after you had been nauseated. ;-) Don't know if I could have handled that, but sounds like you did great. I am going to use your idea of getting an eye mask to take to the hospital when I go, and maybe that will help with sleep. Best wishes for things to continue going this well!
 
I am home! Wow, that is crazy to have major surgery one day and be home the next! Pain is not well controlled at the moment, they sent me home giving me two 5 mg OxyCodon as I was rolling out the door so it was not in effect during the ride home in the truck. The seatbelt clasp was exactly at my scar smacking it with every bump! Hubby went out and filled my prescription and I just took 3 pills. Will take a Tylenol in two hours and start alternating those. Glad to be in my own chair!


RTHR 1/15/2016. Posterior approach. Due to AVN. LTHR on May 26, 2016.
 
Nice to hear you're home! Trying to sleep in the hospital is like trying to sleep at a rock and roll concert! I brought ear plugs (wax kind) and told the nurses to be quiet when they entered my room...boy was I bold! :heehee:
 
Shuddering at your nightmare ride home! Enjoy being as comfortable as possible in your own chair. ♥♥♥⚘⚘⚘
 
Second night home, I may be imagining it but to me the pain in the incision and muscle are worse than last time. I really have to take a deep breath to make myself get up and walk, home health care was here today I did what I did last time try the exercises while they are here and then ditch them. She had me trying to do the slide abduction adduction and I literally could not do it. She had me give it a few more tries and then I cried Uncle, maybe this is why I think it hurts worse this time?

I have been icing and elevating when possible. Taking my oxy and alternating with Tylenol. Husband refuses to help water my outside plants so I was standing and walking around with a hose for a good half hour. He won't help because he says I should not have bought them and set up pots knowing I was having surgery, sigh. I try to explain that being able to do a little gardening brings me joy, but he isn't buying it.

A friend stopped for a visit today and when she left I nodded off for a good three hours. Hoping for a good night tonight. Last night was not too bad, I stayed in bed till 2:30 then moved to the recliner. Slept there till 6 when hubby came out and turned on the TV.

Sleep well all!


RTHR 1/15/2016. Posterior approach. Due to AVN. LTHR on May 26, 2016.
 
Sommers I would have asked her but had done the job before I knew she was coming over. If I do know someone is coming I will ask them for help.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm sorry hubby is being a bit of a poop head (you can tell him I said so)! I'm also sorry you're experiencing more pain with this THR, but like you, I am too (although FINALLY I'm seeing vast improvement this past week). Boy is bonesmart right..."No two hips are alike" and this journey us a "marathon" and not a "sprint"! Praying you see the rest of your recovery to be a lot easier in the coming weeks and hubby breaks down and waters your outside potted plants!
 
Speaking of poop I had forgotten how miserable this constipation is! Prunes, prune juice, laxative, miralax.... Nothing is working! Like having poop pebbles in your anus! Ouch!


RTHR 1/15/2016. Posterior approach. Due to AVN. LTHR on May 26, 2016.
 
Will do! Magnesium is now on my shopping list.

Another issue new to me this time is nausea. Just tossed my cookies, not much to toss because breakfast was 6 hours ago and just some yogurt with blueberries. I am drinking diet ginger ale and eating some saltines now. Wondering if this is an after effect of the general anesthesia I had this time? I have felt nauseous on and off since surgery but today was the first time there was any "outcome". I had no nausea at all with the first hip!

A friend wanted to visit and I had to text and tell her I was not up to it. Just going to sit and ice.


RTHR 1/15/2016. Posterior approach. Due to AVN. LTHR on May 26, 2016.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom