TKR JoJo's Musings

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Quasi I hope your week is going okay. This is your first week of full time. (although I know you were basically back FT anyway.) I hope you are able to ice and take care of that knee. Are you able to sleep?

~hopefaith
 
@hopefaith
Hi! I've been missing you, and wondering how you have been! For the last several nights (yes, I've been working full time since week before last) I have tried to get on forum and see how everyone is doing.
However, my daughter or my husband end up waking me up on the couch and lo and behold, my iPad is on Bonesmart, and I apparently have not read or posted a thing!

Now that can be a good problem, as I am sleeping, but when woken up, I can't get back to sleep!

How have you been? How is your knee, your depression? Weren't you suppose to have a test some? Please let me know hoe it went!

I was thinking about you this past weekend,

Did you spend the 4th with some friend? I hope you are having some good things happening to you lately! You've been so cheerful and always make everyone else feel better!

Well, I'm off to work and PT and then back to work. I am praying that everything is looking up for you!

Warm regards.
 
Hi @Quasi, Hope your week is going okay - One more day and you'll be through it. I have 3 days to go, getting ready to pack it all up. Take care my friend, Betsy
 
@Betsy-Knees-7-2014

Hey girl! Wow, time sure does fly! In a couple of days you will be on the other side"! I can't beleive it! I know how prepare you are and glad that you have a lot of support to get you through.

I will Be praying for your surgery and wishing for you to have a quick recovery. Please share with me how it went. I can't wait to see all your fun projects you will be doing.

Thinking of you today! Oh my Goodness, you are almost there:fingersx:!! Do something fun and crazy today while you can! :loveshwr:
Your friend, JoAnne
 
@Josephine. :sos:
However, can you tell me anything about massage? Is there an article on how to do it or what type of person( PT) do I need to go to? I have got to get going with some knee exercises and sleep, and dang if that area doesn't start throwing darts at me about 2 and a half hours after pain meds taken. I have not had more than. 3 hours of good sleep since surgery.
I just know you told me to massage and I don't know what I need to so.
JoAnne
Chiming in about the massage...I had a great experience with it for a prior surgery and cannot recommend it enough. Two suggestions: have your PT show you and tape it on your phone for reference, or, two, since you taper in the US, join one of those "clubs" where you do a monthly membership, like Massage Envy, Hand and Stone or such. Interview a few places, ask if they have a therapist trained or who specializes in post op adhesion, scar and swelling issues for your knee. I found one that had a specially trained person in lymphedema. She was a godsend. Anyway, book your first session, see what you think of the therapist, and if you like them, once a week you go! Also, your PT clinic may know of some folks as well. I just did my first for this surgery, he was "meh" but it was a last minute booking. I'll try some other folks. Once again, you can ask how to do it at home. I do my massage twice a day. But it's soooooo much better when somebody else does it, and your neck and shoulders and legs.....
 
You might also see if your hospital/health plan has a complementary medicine program that offers massage.
 
@Quasi
I am Sooooo sorry for how much pain you are having. I feel so bad for you. Can I fly down and help? Oh how I wish I could!!! You need so much rest and pain relief and I just want to fix it. You are such a sweet wonderful person and I hate hearing about your pain. I will pray a lot for you.
My non operative knee is toast too, but there is no way, no way no way I would ever do that without someone caring for me. I can't do it alone again.
Does your boss know (or care) how bad you feel. I am afraid you will just not be able to keep going like this.
I really care, I am not trying to sound "negative Nancy" as one of my son's says from time to time.

x x x

~hopefaith
 
@hopefaith
You are such a lovely person! And have a heart of gold! You had asked why I have to work so many hours, well, I work for 2 neurologists and we have two locations. I am the practice manager, handle all financial matters, payables, checking account, deposits, payroll and taxes. But I am also human resource manager for both offices, which means if one of the employees is on vacation, or sick, I go where ever and do their job. So. I'm caught between a rock and a hard place. Because yes, someone else can do my job, but I will get laid off, and as you know, my husband is out if work right now. So I know that it is me and my pride causing my knees to hurt, as I should have cared more about myself than money! I hate money sometimes! It clouds our judgement! Going to work for 8 or more hours a day is stupid, and that does not include the time I go out for PT!

I am in a very sad sad place. My boss called me at the other office I usually go to two days a week, and informed me that I will have to be there on Tuesday. It is 104 miles round trip and I can't drive yet, so my husband is going to have to take me and come pick me up, a total of 208 miles? Why? Just because I haven't been there in 7 weeks, no other reason.


Please please do one thing for me Hopefaith! Pray! Pray that I will finally do the right thing, which is make them lay me off! I would rather work and make half what I make now so that my body and soul can heal! My daughter is only 19 and she has special needs, and I've been trying to get her into a technical school. I haven't even had the time for her, the special child God gave me,

I can handle being unemployed as long as I can collect unemployment, but I cannot stand myself for putting up with these 2 guys, and thinking they are more important than me or my family.
I have no one to blame but me. I told my husband last night when I was in so much pain that I just don't want to be here anymore. It is just too hard,
But in my heart I do know that God will give me the strength , I just have not been listening to him. Nor asking Him for it!

This is a lonely, lonely sad place to be . I know that you know how I feel. It truly hurts!

You are like a wonderful sister to me and a great friend, thank you for listening to my truly heartfelt pity, it does not become me, nor does it flatter me.

So, so sorry for this unusual outpouring of my sorrows.

Much love to you my dear friend, and prayers for you also!

Luv you, JoAnne
 
oh @Quasi I was waiting for a pm, but this is it. I will pray....a lot. I cry when I see what you are going through, and that is okay. We are supposed to deeply care for others.
I secretly hope you are laid off, but that is me, not knowing your situation. I should be looking for work, but I just can't yet, and it will be part time, and that is hard to find.
I hear the sad sad place. I know that sad sad place. Please do not apologize for the place you are in. I will pm you tomorrow. But, no apology needed. Aren't we supposed to be real and authentic with each other. I certainly believe that.
You so need to heal. At church the past week, we have been hearing about not just praying casually for someone but to pray "earnestly". I will pray that way for you.
You feel like a sister to me too. Amazing.
x x x
MaryJean
 
Quasi,
Sorry to hear of all your troubles and work, wishing all the best for you, and that they lay you off so you can collect unemployment.
Reading your story has helped me to know my decision to delay going to work for another month or longer is the right one. Thanks for posting it here.
Sending your postive thoughts and prayers,
 
@hopefaith , @Pumpkln

Thank you both for your earnest prayers! Pumpkin, pouring my soul out in front of so many people is usually not my style , but the fact is, there are true physical aspects of this surgery that are so much easier to talk about than the emotional aspect. And truly, staying positive when others don't know your particular situation is so much easier said than done. There is a tremendous need for a forum advisor who has a background in psychology or therapy , as this aspect is one half of the healing process.

I've seen many many posts relating to tears, helplessness , the blues, or whatever you want to call it that have been proven to be part of this recovery. As such, we should support each other in this area also. It is quite a blurry line, as emotions from surgery can be affected not only by circumstances, but also from the medications we take through the whole gambit of sleeplessness. After a while, life's circumstances ( jobs, relationships, financial situations) adds to the cycle of healing.

I truly pray for every person on this site to know that you are not alone in these situations, and if you need support, or someone to listen, or just advise, most people on this site would be more than happy to chime in and talk to you, even through private emails if so desired.

I am very thankful that I have found people who are willing to listen, to chime in with their advise and to give encouragement. But we must not lose sight that our feelings and emotions need healing also!

Pumpkin, I am happy that I finally let lose in a non-pm regarding the place that I am at. If it has helped you made the decision to delay going back to work, it was well worth it!

Hopefaith, thank you for ALWAYS being available to listen, and to pray, but most importantly for your deep caring of others !

Thank you both, and I treasure your heartfelt prayers!
I hope you both have a blessed day with less pain, and more healing
:angel:
JoAnne
 
@Quasi I just started reading your thread yesterday. My TKR is July 28. I agree so much with what you wrote! I think what I am dreading most is the anxiety and depression I will have to endure after the surgery. I don't think I have the emotional stamina to get through it. I too have noticed all the people here who mention how much they cry. I'm already doing that on a daily basis and I haven't even had the surgery! I think I better stock up on Kleenex.:bawl:Thanks for your openness.
 
Hi @Quasi, I hope your weekend was very restful that you curled up under your nice afgans. I am almost ready for Monday TRK and loaded my new iPod with music to sleep & a playlist to exercise (later)... At least there hasn't been any delays. Since I haven't been able to have IBProfin my knees are saying ouch all the time. I use to wake up feeling good and rested knees but now they even hurt then. So I'm ready...

I will read other posts you made to catch up.

Ice Machine question for everyone. I think I'll have a Cryo Cuff machine. Do I fill it with ice cubes or should I fill bowls, cups, etc to pack the best? Help...

I will start a thread on the other side, maybe the FA's can put them together for me.

<3
 
@Quasi
I totally agree with you. The emotional aspect of this recovery is unbelievably difficult. Some get it , some do not.
I would love to have a psychologist weigh in on why this surgery is so traumatic!
I am praying a lot for you.
Take care my sweet friend.
MaryJean
 
@Daystar
Hello! Please see the private mail I sent you!

Prayers!
JoAnne
 
@Betsy-Knees-7-2014

Oh my! You seem so much more organized and ready than I was! But you are going to do great! Your attitude is so wonderful and you have tons of support , glad you got the iPod! It helps.
The Cryo Cuff ice machine does not require anything but water and ice! You don't need anything else! Isn't that great! Just use it all the time!
I am going to get some shut eye, I have my follow up appointment with my OS tomorrow morning T 9:30 and his office is over a hour away ,

So I shall say good night sweet Betsy and will post you tomorrow!
Sweet dreams!
Your friend !
JoAnne
 
@Quasi
Praying a lot for you today. You have been on my mind constantly. I hope you are able to make a decision about work soon.
I left you a pm. I hope that you get it.
Did you sleep last night? I have trouble falling asleep. I have so much anxiety and it takes over at night.

~hopefaith
 
@Quasi
I hope to hear from you. I am praying and hoping you can make a decision about work that works for you.
I think about you a lot and hope you are okay?
~hopefaith
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom