Guest viewing is limited

TKR JoJo's Musings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @hopefaith! Thursday May be the day, My OS said yesterday that I need to stay home one day in the middle of the week, as going to work so early is now slowing my progress, and my other knee is so bad! I am back using walker, but feels much better. Pretty bad when the "good knee" hurts worse than the operated knee"

I a praying for direction and I know that if I seek it, He will show me what He wants me to do

I'll write more tomorrow, taking pain meds to try to sleep, and ice my knee(s)!

Love you and praying for you a lot!
I smiled at work today, imaging we were sisters!

:wave::wave:
 
@Quasi
Thinking of you today.....(and everyday) Hoping today is better....
I had a very hard legal mediation day. It is awful at best being across the table with someone who vowed to love you the rest of your (my) life and debating ugly things about money. I am exhausted.
I don't like myself at all right now. This process brings out the very worst in a person (me included.)
Hope to hear from you soon.
MaryJean
 
Hi @Quasi,
I see you may get to rest today.. sounds like a good plan.

I had a bad first night, expected. Then 2 nights slept well here in surgery center. I bought the cryo cuff ice machine, figured I'd have iT for all our stuff, khees . Shoulders.

Hubby's going fishing today, he's been here n isn't made out for care giving. So we sents him with his buddies.

Sleep mask n ear plugs work great here. Creates a nice center w peace. Pain is managed, bending to come.

Hope your dat is blessed.
 
I hope things are going ok for you today @Quasi . :console2:
 
@Quasi Wanted to drop in here too and say I am thinking of you. I hope you get good rest tonight after your very long day!!
~hopefaith
Praying.....
 
@Daystar , @hopefaith and @kneeper ,

Thank you all for thinking of my and stopping by. It's wonderful to me that sometimes when I'm at work, I talk about you guys to my coworkers as if y'all lived in my neighborhood ! Sometimes I can't wait to get home to see how everyone I'd doing, and then, as with all good intentions, my knee and fatigue take hold of me and before I can read just a few posts, I'm out like a light!

I'll write tomorrow and visit with tall to see how y'all are doing! I lift you all up in prayers, wishing sweet dreams and no pain!

Goodnight, I think I might sleep all night long! What a gift that would be!


[Bonesmart.org] JoJo's Musings
 
Hi @Quasi , @hopefaith and all,
Today is my day to go home. 10 days after surgery, and 1 week after Rehab; it has been an awesome adventure and all is well. I understand now how some have related to our knee as a partner in crime... the I has changed to "we" and my knee tells me when it is time ice, elevate, walk, add cream, rock, stetch et al. Fun. Best to accept is as a new mwmber of the family. Teehee
Yesterday had Dr apt and my 20 staples removed. All is clean and Dr said all is well. He suggested balancing on my heel and it stretches your hampstring so your stride becomes smooth. Walking on both heels eventually helps but now I have to practice.
I will get my walker with the seat today so I can tackel my driveway at home and rest. But at 104* I'm sure it will be early and late in the day.
So, Quasi TGIF... was it an ok week. Did you get a rest day in the middle? Hope so. Have you been motoring around Walmart lately?
What color should we make that quilt?
 
@Betsy-Knees-7-2014
I am so glad you are doing so well. I hope if you do PT, you find someone that is compassionate and gets that pushing you is not the answer.

@Quasi My dear dear Quasi I hope this week is okay. I think about you and pray. It is okay that you have trouble praying right now. really.
 
@Quasi as I promised on Daystar's thread, here are my dreaded questions!

I'm going to ask you some questions and it would be very helpful if you would answer each one individually - numbered as I have done - in as much detail as you can then I'll come back as see where you are ....

1. what are your pain levels right now? (remember the 1-10 scale: 1 = no pain and 10 = the worst you can imagine)

2. what pain medications have you been prescribed, how much are you taking (in mg please) and how often?

3. how often are you icing your knee and for how long?

4. are you elevating your leg, how often and for how long?

5. What is your ROM - that's flexion (bend) and extension (straightness)

6. what is your activity level? What do you do in the way of housework, cooking, cleaning, shopping, etc., and

7. what kind of PT/exercises are you doing? How much and how often? (and detailed details would be appreciated, please! Reps, sets and session and all that)

Note:
If you're not familiar with this, it goes like so:
1 lift of a 500kg bell bar = 1 rep or repetition.
Doing 5 reps and then a brief rest = 1 set of 5.
And doing 5 sets and finishing = a session.
 
@Quasi Haven't been able to get on in days and have lost my mo Jo to keep up. I will PM you. This is the first day on in about 2 weeks.
hopefaith
 
How are you getting along? We would love an update.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
 
Yes, hope to see you back @Quasi :flwrysmile:
 
@Quasi
Hi JoJo,

I have sent you a longer post on the site that you last posted on.
So, I went to "Search" so that I could find your own Thread site.

Cathie
 
Sorry to read you're having such a tough time @Quasi I wonder if the tape is causing a reaction?:console2:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom