TKR JoJo's Musings

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's okay, I just don't think it's normal. I should be feeling better each day. I just got finished working on the computer only for two hours and I could barely stand up by myself. Plus I can't get to sleep, oh hopefaith, what am I gong to do, I've got to have a job, even though I am beginning to feel very angry with my boss for expecting me to be there at his beck and call. But I come home in pain every night, prayers please.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Josephine

I do apologize for the typos, My excuses would not help.
I meant to say, am I doing my knee harm by working so much, as in irreparable harm?
As I am too tired when I get home to do any of my exercises.
Also, on my days off (which was just today this week). I am not doing any exercises or going to outpatient PT because I am exhausted. I just wanted your opinion about my recovery if I have to continue this schedule.

I am icing, elevating and medicating and resting on my days that I don't work. I also do the same thing as soon as I get home from work, ice , elevate, take pain meds.

Thank you.
 
I was reading one of the on line advisors post to someone and they mentioned some sort of ice bags that you can put around your whole knee. I am looking for something that I can put around my knee at work that will not fall off or slide down! Do you know of such a product?
There is an article with lots of options Ice to control pain and swelling and Tim @referee54 has his own creation.
However, can you tell me anything about massage? Is there an article on how to do it or what type of person( PT) do I need to go to?
I can indeed. There is an article about do it yourself type Acupressure massage. Other than that, I suggest a good chiropractor or therapeutic masseur.
I meant to say, am I doing my knee harm by working so much, as in irreparable harm? As I am too tired when I get home to do any of my exercises.
Well you won't do the knee implants any harm but you are obviously causing the surrounding structures some bother. That's much more to the point.

I cannot remember if I asked you this question before, if I did, I apologise but it was probably some time ago anyway so let's do it again!

Can you tell me the exact site of your pain using this chart?
Please note the instructions in the smaller image

[Bonesmart.org] JoJo's Musings


[Bonesmart.org] JoJo's Musings
 
Yea Josephine is here! (:
I will,pray for you. I hear your pain. I certainly can't say I felt "better and better " each day. I felt a shift around 10 weeks. @Quasi it is so slow for some of us. I don't know what to say about the working. Those tissues have to be babied. And I hear that just isn't possible. Can you take any time off at all? This knee Rules.
I feel so bad for you. I do and will pray for you. Sounds so very frustrating.
~~hopefaith
 
I went back to work at 8 weeks and stopped PT when I did. It was too much for me. My recovery went well except for fatigue! Your boss sounds as considerate as mine was. What selfish people!
 
Hi there Q,
I think we would all like to bring you food, wrap you in your colorful afghan and go kick that BUTT of a boss.

:froggies: So other than that, I wrote to DonJoy today about the Mr Iceman machine to see which medical supply carries them in my area. I'm getting prepared just in case they say they can't find one. Medicare said it was covered. Yippee.

So rest as the weekend is here. How about Home therapy. Would that help.?
Nite,:kitty::mooncat:
 
@Josephine

On chart, Pain is at DLF3.
Still taking 10 mg HYDROcodone every 4 hours, Dulaudid 4mg at night,,
I am icing with elevation when I get home, and all day on off days. I also am taking ice bags to work and keep it as much as i can on my knee throughout the day.

I am able to walk up and down stairs with my cane with minimal discomfort. The biggest problem is the swelling during the day along with the painful area I was telling you about,

Thank you for any input you can give me!
 
Yes, and I do believe that it is the first one! So I will take your advise and start the massage and will let you know how it goes. I will also order me those recommended ice packs! Thank you.

JoAnne
 
Thank you
@tiredwife
Prayeds always appreciated! I will try the massage that Josephine recommended and see how that goes! Just did not expect to have all this pain at 6 weeks, although there are others on here that have gone through so much more!

Hope your hubby doing well and wish him continued less pain filled days!
 
:martini:Will I have good news and sort of bad news. I worked an average of 9 hours every day this week, with pain and swelling , but good news! I have fallen asleep at least by 10 pm every night and have slept thru the night since Monday! :sleeep:

I finally had my first appointment with my outpatient PT yesterday! He started with a knee massage, caused me to jump every time he touched some areas on my lower thigh! although he was very gentle! Also when he got near to the tendonitis a little down from my kneecap! He found about 6 knots in my thigh muscle that he is going to be working on and then hooked me up to a electrical machine and had me on that for about 20 minutes. Then he used some tape on my tendon and thigh area. This will stay on, even when I take showers until I go back to see him Monday. He was pleased with my range of motion, but informed me that we could not do any real physical stuff until we can get the pain under control. He also ordered me a tens unit which I will be
using until the muscles and tendon start to get better.

Overall, very pleased to meet someone who cares about my pain, and getting it under control before going any further. He did say it would take at least a month.

@Josephine, he wants to try dry needle therapy on my muscles (just like trigger point injections except no medication)'. I don't mind if it will help get rid of the knots in my thighs! Would like your expert opinion on this when you can grab a few moments!

All in all, am feeling mostly relief at having found a good PA!

Also, I am so thankful for the last three nights of wonderfully uninterrupted sleep!

@hopefaith, @Betsy-Knees-7-2014 , @JustJeff , @tiredwife , @Pumpkln , @TexasTee
Thank you all for your support, prayers and advise! Texan tea! thanks for the info regarding cold packs! Found one on Amazon thar will be perfect for work! I hope all of you continue to improve and heal.

Have a wonderful July 4th weekend! I am just going to hang around and pamper my knee!
 
@Quasi Good to hear you are sleeping better! My husband has those knots in his thigh muscle too. That is his only problem right now. I rub the muscle before he goes to bed and it helps.
You have a great 4th!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom