Guest viewing is limited

TKR Jo has a new knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Sunflower, I will try to work out what to do and post a pic of my little girl :doggieshmooze:
 
This is my walking partner Roxy :doggieshmooze:
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Jo has a new knee
    Roxy 1.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 163
New Pain Question

I have developed a new pain sensation on the top of my knee, this started yesterday afternoon. It comes from nowhere - I can be standing, walking or not really doing anything much but it is enough to make me notice. It will go as quick as it came, so I am convinced it's nothing too bad as I would have constant pain - I think :what:.

I wonder if anyone can throw any light on the subject or if anyone else has this on/off pain sensation. I had a look through some threads and noticed the expression zingers and stabbing pains mentioned - could I be experiencing this on the top of knee??

I started back with some pain medication but not sure if that will be effective for this issue. I am icing when I'm sat down and have laid off the walking and exercise today. I will mention that I had increased my walking over the last 3 days and my activity level was up on this time last week but nothing excessive :skeptical:

Any comments will be most welcome :thumb:
 
Hi Jo
I reckon it could just be that you have got a little bit more active. I think you are doing the right thing not walking today. My knee pain is definitely lessening since I cut back. If you look at my thread you will see I called you the model to follow. I'm just about to update again on my visit to the OS today.
 
Hi, Jo

Roxy is gorgeous! What a nice walking partner!

It's interesting that you said you had a new pain today. When I woke up, Neil was hurting more than Buzz, with a pain through the front of the knee near the scar. I think we get to experience recurring and new pains for a long time with these knees. I always worry when I get a new pain, but of course I worry about everything.
 
I have developed a new pain sensation on the top of my knee, this started yesterday afternoon. It comes from nowhere - I can be standing, walking or not really doing anything much but it is enough to make me notice.

Hi Jo,

I do get a pain above my knee - two different ones. First one is when Ilift my leg up and its the quads sore. The second,which may be same as you're experiencing, is when walking or standing, I get a pain just above knee and it gives way. We've put it down to weak quads. Pain goes away just about instantly. Probably different reason that you, but I though worth mentioning anyway.

Have a great day. Love to Roxy, she's gorgeous.
 
Diane - I do wonder if it's the walking. I did clock your reference to me on your thread :blush:, many thanks :blush:

Barb - This little niggle has caught me out, as so far I haven't had too much to complain about. I'm like you and worry about everything :hate-shocked:

Margaret - I don't think it's a quad issue as it seems close to my kneecap but I really don't know. My hubby thinks it's nerves knitting together :scratch: This evening it's behaved very nicely and not a peep!

Thanks for the nice comments about Roxy - she is a sweetie :doggieshmooze:
 
Margaret, you could be right about the tendon, I had completely forgotten about that - thanks! I guess that was mucked about with during surgery??
 
Hi Jo, love Roxy, she makes me very homesick for the last home we left 11 months ago. Our neighbours had two springers Moss and Bridie and I miss them every day, they were our alarm clock at 7.00 every morning when Moss would bark to be let out. They stayed with us a lot when their owners were away in France, etc. so much so that when they let them in the front garden they came straight way round to us, barked, I let them in and they went right into the kitchen and barked waiting for a chew. I always kept a stock in the cupboard, and boy do they lerarn quickly.

They are coming to see us later this month on their way to France (now with the dogs) so will make the best of kisses and cuddles missed!!:doggieshmooze:

I hope your knee pain goes away, I seem to remember getting some of the same early on, I put it down to nerves knitting, but they did go away on their own. Stay positive, and remember its a long journey and you are not very far on the road yet.

Take care Jo. :friends:
 
Thanks Aretha, it's good to know that this sort of pain is normal and to be expected. I love your account of the dogs, they soon get to know who loves them and who has the treats :wink1:. I wish I had a neighbour like you that could have Roxy when we have our trips away :thumb:

My knee seems to be feeling good today - it's a strange old business this knee recovery :scratch:. Today I did all my exercises, the bike and it felt really good. I have a new purchase that I'd like to report on. I have purchased a balance wobble board and it's great! My physio is very keen on this as a rehab and permanent tool to use for knees. I intend to use it for the rest of my life, as he reckons it is fab for knees and all the muscles in your bum and legs. I must confess when I step off the board my muscles feel they have been worked :snork:. I have found it to be useful for getting my lazy muscles in my left leg to work again. It's great fun and if you feel really brave you can close your eyes and try to balance on the board :rolleyespink: (I can't work out why this is so hard??). Anyway, I thought I'd share this little bit of info with you as it seems very effective and not punishing like other exercises.

I realised today that I am going up the stairs (like a normal person :snork:) and not even holding the rail :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:, coming down is not quite the same experience!! I do try but it still seems so tight and uncomfortable - I wonder when it will fall into place :scratch:. It's so great to start doing normal things without thinking about it - even my hubby commented yesterday that it seems weird and great that I am just doing everyday tasks without a thought to my knee. Great stuff :yes 4:
 
Hi Jo,
Sounds great!! I think I feel a similar pain, I have like a hard knot on top of my knee, if I rub it, it is better.
Your Roxy does look regal sitting there. I have 2 small dogs that are just too silly!!
 
Hi Megan
I know what you mean about a hard knot on top of the knee - I have the same and have asked my physio what it is, he said it's fluid and scar tissue. He told me to massage it at least twice a day - it is getting smaller (slowly).
Thankyou for the compliment to Roxy - I have passed it on to her :thumb: I used to have the most beautiful Yorkshire Terrier too but unfortunately she passed away 2 years ago, so I know about the silly small dog :th_heehee: What breed of dogs do you have? I simply love dogs .- well all animals actually!
 
Jo -you are doing so well ! :thumb:One day soon you'll walk down those stairs without thinking about that, too..but please hold the handrail, just in case (the Mom in me says...):blush:
 
Hi Jo, thats wonderful news being able to "do the stairs". Wish I could!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom