Guest viewing is limited

TKR Jo has a new knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Jo

It sounds like you are doing great!! Good luck with your OS appointment.

I can't believe it has been a week. "Buzz" is still quite painful. I have my first home PT today with the same PT from round 1. Not much I can show her, I'm afraid.
 
This is such a great report Jo. You have made wonderful progress and I can only imagine how pleased you are to be able to walk into your doctor's appointment without the aid of a cane or crutch...Keep up the good work!

Dori
 
Yay, you must have felt on top of the world to walk in under your own steam -- so very very happy for you!!!

I'm not quite there yet. Was out with my husband today using my cane but knee feels very rubber bandy like it could go out of control in any direction, and still have the moments where the muscles feel like they are giving way and I could topple over. 7 weeks today and glad to be this far along!
 
I have that 'wobbly' feeling from time to time, like it's going to give way but just gives a wee wobble! Mostly happens when I've walked for a bit. Still can't do those stairs tho:sigh:
 
I am seeing my OS on Thursday for my 8 week check up and I am so pleased that I will be able to walk into his office unaided. A few weeks ago I honestly thought I would still be on crutches .

Hi Jo, I did exactly that - walked into his office unaided. Surgeons expression was WOW when he saw me. Good luck for your Thursday appointment.
 
Good luck for Thursday Jo, I shouldn't think you have anything to worry about, he should be well pleased with your progress as you yourself should be. Lets hope its plain sailing from here on in! :friends:
 
Hi Jo. Just read your posts, and I am so sorry that you have been having problems, do hope that by now they are on the mend. Well done for walking unaided, I am too now, just about the house though. Do hope that your jaw pain has ceased too. Good luck for Thursday, let us know how it goes. Back from Devon as my Mum was taken ill and in hospital, it was touch and go Sat. but she has pulled through and it looks like a pacemaker is the way forward, just hope her heart holds out for the next week or so. Take care Jo. and I am thinking about you. Lots of love Hills xxx
 
My 8 week update

Yesterday was my 8 week knee anniversary :yay::yay::yay:

On Thursday I had my first appointment with my OS since the surgery. He was impressed that I had no walking aid and commented that I am walking well for 8 weeks. He looked at my knee and thought his handy work looked very neat :snork:, I must admit that I am pleased how the scar is looking. I already had a long ugly scar from my previous surgery and he went in the same way and has tidied up the whole area. He was pleased with my ROM and extension and told me to keep working on both, he said that it takes a good year to have the knee working perfectly (just what all the bonesmarties have said) and he said that he will see me in 6 months, 1 year, 3 years and 5 years. I went home a happy lady all in all :yahoo:.

Yesterday I woke up with a nagging pain to the side of my knee - I couldn't believe it after such a good day on Thursday. I took some magic pills, iced and elevated, then spent the morning surfing the net for places to stay in France (holiday in June). Before lunch I thought I would see how the knee felt and went for a walk with Roxy and amazingly the knee was fine! It's so weird how these pains come and go so quickly - I really do not understand it.

This morning the knee feels great - I have that loose feeling (no band :yes 4:) so, I shall be on the bike and back to my exercises. This afternoon a nice gentle walk with Roxy will be in order. It must be a funny site for anyone that might see me on a walk as I am trying different ways to get rid of the limp - I do lots of funny walks (reminds me of John Clease, Monty Python days!!) :th_heehee:

Wishing everyone a good weekend :happy dance::cocktail_martini::bathtub:
 
Hi Jo

Sounds as though you are really on the speedy road to recovery, everything seems to be dropping into place for you, and how lucky are you to be able to see your OS so many times.

I was released from the hospital care after my 6 week check up, at which I didn't even see my OS, just the head physio. They were really pleased with me anyway, and I was walking well without crutches or anything, so it made sense. She did do X-rays and showed them to us afterwards, and she said they looked absolutely fine and discharged me. My ROM was only around 9o degrees then, but she said that 90 was my pre-op measurement, and they could not promise to give you back more, so they were happy. Don't let anyone tell you its too late to get ROM aftersthe first 3 months as its simply NOT true. My ROM is around 120/125 now so I am well pleased!!!:dancy:

Since then I have had a few problems along the way, but nothing major, all the usual gripes, tightness and stiffness, still some clicking, but all in t all it did sort itself out in due course. Reading other people's recoveries on Bonesmart however was the saving grace for me, a real lifesaver, it seemed that others had far more complicated recoveries than I had which put it all into perspective really.

I hope you go on recovering as speedily, its so god to get your life back, and now I am ready to help HIlls to get hers back, although she does seem to be doing really well on her own, but hey, what are friends for, and if she needs anything I will be there, there is still time for some minor setbacks, but all are surmountable!

Take care Jo, and keep positing on your own recovery! :friends:
 
Before lunch I thought I would see how the knee felt and went for a walk with Roxy and amazingly the knee was fine! It must be a funny site for anyone that might see me on a walk as I am trying different ways to get rid of the limp...

Jo, you are doing WONDERFUL! Your surgeon must have been pleased as punch to see you waltz in his office unassisted. :yes 4: And your little workout buddy is :dancy: about your frequent walks together. They do keep us motivated, don't they? :doggieshmooze: I know what you mean about trying different ways to work out the kinks during the walk. Sometimes I'll stop and march in place just to loosen up things and then proceed.
 
Awesome news!! You must be feeling so much more positive about everything. Are you now at the point you are glad you did it? I'm slowly getting there. Getting rid of the cane is my next goal and I think at that point I will start to feel much better about this process. But my outlook is far more positive at this point. I'm looking forward to more of your progress reports!
 
Hi Claudia
I am so happy that I have had the surgery, in fact I knew a few weeks ago it was the best decision ever :thumb: I feel confident that in another month I will be even happier. You will get there with the cane - you are doing really well with your recovery.
 
Hi, Jo

What awesome news! I can't believe it has been eight weeks since your surgery. It sounds like you are doing absolutely fantastic. I laughed at the "Ministry of Silly Walks" reference (being a huge Monty Python fan). Great job!
 
Hi Jo,

Congratulations and thank you for such a positive 8 week report. Sounds like you are well on your way and I know you are thrilled. Keep up the good work and things will just keep on getting better and better. Good job!

Dori
 
Jo,What a nice report! Your Roxy must have loved the walk, don't think she cares how you look!! I braved walking my 2, Ballerina and Zoey. My 8 yr old had Zoey ( she's 1). I went very carefully, good thing, Zoey kept trying to trip me up with her leash!! They loved it though. I think I will go with one at a time!!
You sound so positive!!
 
Nice report Jo, congrats! You are the poster child for recovery right along with Roy! I am sure that the little aches and pains will come and go for months but they are minor in the grand scheme of things. Enjoy getting your life back!

Best,

Dawn
 
Eight weeks, wow and you are doing so well. It's so good to hear you're glad you had your knee done. Well done you :dancy:

Hope you find your holiday in France :thumb: You deserve a lovely holiday.

Kathy
x
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom