THR JJ Has A New Hip

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] JJ Has A New Hip
JJ, wishing you and yours.....



[Bonesmart.org] JJ Has A New Hip
[Bonesmart.org] JJ Has A New Hip
[Bonesmart.org] JJ Has A New Hip
 
Gotta love those in-laws! At 2 weeks I wasn't doing much of anything. I wasn't even wearing real clothes at that point. I was still hanging out in a t-shirt and boxer shorts.
 
jjhipster, never make 2 changes at once, like reducing pain meds and dispensing with the cane. If it hurts, you'll never know what caused it. Only one change at a time so you know what's going on.
 
Hope all is going well. Yes, in law relationships can be complicated sometimes, however, your husband can always set the good example of being your advocate to his parents -- it will show what a kind and compassionate son they raised!!

Merry Christmas,
Cardie
 
There are maybe some good reasons for pushing your PT a little bit. But in-law induced guilt would not be among them! The only reason to "do more" in my opinion is if your doctor or physical therapist says it will benefit you. Family and friends need to understand you're recovering from major surgery and realize their responsibility is to help you -- not the other way around.
 
I'm now at three weeks and started to get impatient at 2 weeks, then did too much for a couple of days and wound up exhausted and having to really lay low for a couple of days. It's a bit difficult at the holidays, but it's great that those in-laws are around and can be helpful!!!

Deb
 
Well survived Christmas Day. I made dinner and everything. Turkey and all the trimmings. Had PT today and now I am exhausted and ready for bed. I have my first follow up with the surgeon tomorrow and the stitches will come out. Yea!! They are itchy as heck, but I am glad to have stitches instead of staples.

Hope everyone had a good Christmas, bring in the new year.
 
jj, i have staples, and am also getting them out tomm. I will not see my OS until next Thur. as he is on vacation thru the holidays so his nurse will be removing them. I only have 15 staples so hopefully it won't be too bad. I really haven't had to much of an itching problem with mine but still want them gone.
 
Wow,made dinner @ 2 weeks, do what is right for youbut be careful. Being superwoman for in-laws doesn't last, their home and you still have your hip.
 
bellaroma they leave in they morning. I will be much more relaxed after that. My hubby helped me a lot. They are just who they are I've learned to just smile and suck it up with them. I rested a good bit of the day today. PT was it. Hope you are doing well.
 
[Bonesmart.org] JJ Has A New Hip
Okay, gal! enough with the sucking up!!! Once they're outta there----get some rest, elevate, ice, take meds-----look out for YOU!
[Bonesmart.org] JJ Has A New Hip
 
JJ. I am still hurting too. It has been 8 days since my surgery. I think that it is quite normal to hurt for awhile, I am still very swollen too. Ho was your PT? My first one was today, so i am sore from it. We both have a long way to go, so we can do it together. Hope you get to feeling better soon!
 
Thanks Texas Girl. PT went okay. Those hip abductors kill me. Ice is my friend. Make sure to use planting of it. A bag of frozen veggies works great as an ice pack.
 
Today is a blah day. Pain is more today than it has been. I think I may have overdone it a little yesterday. Feeling a little blue today. How long do these post op blues last? I hate being sad for no reason.
 
I have not gotten sad yet, just frusrtated. I hate to depend on others all the time. I am glad it is Sunday so I can watch Football all day. Now if the Cowboys win tonight, I will be a happy girl!!!!
 
I know what you mean, but limit the sucking it up, its not like its appreciated either way. So take care of number 1, you. The post-op blues seem to come and go for months, on the bright side, when you cry at evertying and then you feel a little better the next day, you are ecstatic, so your non-blue days end up happier
 
Thanks gals.

Texas Girl I hate to say it, but I am a Steeler fan. Season finally today, no playoffs for us. Maybe that is why I am so sad :umm:
 
jj, i see your located in Arkansas. You just hired our old badger coach Bret Bielema. Are you a pig sooie fan ????
 
badgerfan I am right here in the heart of woo pig sooie country, but originally from NWPA and never really been into college sports. I would have to say that I am a Penn State fan, but those Razorbacks are starting to grow on me. The baseball team rocks.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom