THR JJ Has A New Hip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I hope you avoid both the flu and strep -- but it does give you a nice way of avoiding PT for a while because you certainly wouldn't want to spread any germs... :heehee:

Rest up!!
Cardie
 
No problem JJ, I have heaps of information.. :)
 
JJ, your body improving without the PT speaks volumes, you know your body best, do what feelsw right and just say NO! to the rest.

sissy46, I had the fitbit before all my hip problems started and I loved it, it allowed me to see throughout the day how much I was moving and let me know what more I needed to do. I had an early model that was not waterproof like the current ones and unfortunately my washing machine killed it. I was thinking about getting one again as I will able to be active again.
 
Well it's been awhile. Had my 6 week check up. All is good. Still having some muscle pain and using the cane. It is what it is I guess. I get to go back to work tomorrow so that is good. Hope I can pull the 10 hour days. I have done all the stretches and the PT and all that and this one muscle on the front of my hip just doesn't seem to want to get better. When I walk without the cane I still have a very bad limp. I am glad the bone pain is gone. Hope the muscle and tendon pain will go soon too. Just tired, tired of the pain.
 
Muscles are so slow to stretch out and strengthen, so just be patient with it---in time it will behave itself. Watch yourself at work---take rest breaks---ice when you can.

Take care and keep us posted. We care. [Bonesmart.org] JJ Has A New Hip
 
Good luck at work ! 10 hours is a long time. I am just working 4 hbours and that is plenty for me. I still use the cane if I am walking very far. Hope you have a good day tomorrow!
 
Well survived week one back to work. Only had one day where I thought I was going to fall asleep at my desk. Still using the cane when I am not at home. Don't want to get used to this limp. Feeling okay and hoping week two is as good as week one.
 
JJ, going back to work is tough, but you did it with style and gusto. Next week should be better, just watch out for what I got, the grumpys and don't forget to stand and strech
 
JJ, Ive been back to work now for 4 weeks and its gotten a lot easier, although I still tend to go to bed early because I'm TIRED!!!! I hope it is getting easier for you at this point! I find that I am still limping as well and hoping that my leg will continue to get stronger.
 
Hi JJ,

I hope week two went well!! Are you graduated from your PT program?
Take care and check back with us periodically, us CDH gals gotta stick together, :friends:
Cardie
 
You are amazing JJ. Trust me. Your leg will have better days. I am impressed by your return to work so soon.
 
[Bonesmart.org] JJ Has A New Hip
Good to hear that things are going well with being back at work. Be sure to rest up on week-ends.
 
Hi JJ,

Just wanted to stop by your thread and see how you are doing. I'd seen your message in the 2012 Hippies thread and you'd mentioned that you actually had a hip flexor tear. I hope that you are ok.

Take care,
Cardie
 
Well it's bel almost 11 months and now I am having my first infection scare. I didn't even think about it. I have been really tires and run down lately, but working a lot of hours. Went to the doctor today just about fatigue and such. I happened to be running a low fever, 100. No biggie. They had me do they ole pee in a cup, so I did. It comes back as a really bad uti. I didn't understand. I have had them before and there were symptoms, burning, lower back pain, but I have none of that. They gave me an antibiotic and drew some blood. This was at my gp, I never even thought about my hip until u got home. The dr said with the levels in my urine I've most likely had this for a month or so. I never even brought up my replacement with her.

Should I be worried about my hip? How can I tell if my hip would have an infection. I am most like nervous for no reason, just didn't know if I should call my ortho. Any suggestions Josephine or Poppet

Thanks for all of your help. You all are the best.
 
JJ, all of us understand your fear. Infection seems to work in mysterious ways, and it makes us feel out of control. Here's some information to help you put it into perspective:

Infection: peri-prosthetic infection - also known as late onset infection

Jo is away for a few days. I would suggest you call your surgeon and see what he says. I suspect he will put your mind at ease. At this point there is no way to go back in time to a month ago and start taking antibiotics sooner. But the body's immune system is a pretty strong warrior against infection. I think the odds are on your side.

Infection worries seem to be on a lot of people's minds lately....I'll tag Jamie to offer her knowledge about this also.

I know it's not helpful to say don't worry. But right now your task is to clear up the UTI. Your surgeon and your GP can tell you if there is anything else you can proactively do. Beyond that, you just need to take care of yourself and trust that you will be fine. There are a million things that could go haywire inside of us at any time....but we don't dwell on those million things or we'd quickly go nuts. Put this fear into that big vague pile of haywire possibilities and go on enjoying your life. You'll enjoy it a lot more once you've cleared up all the fatigue from the UTI.

Sharon
 
Sharon is right!

Yes it's true; you are more likely nervous for no reason whatsoever. While a UTI is always something to be concerned about and give immediate attention to, it does NOT immediately correlate to an infected joint. There are no studies that show a relationship like this. Most medical personnel err on the side of caution and obviously want to get any bacterial infection resolved quickly and completely. So, I'm glad you got to the doctor quickly when you weren't feeling up to par. Even though you usually have symptoms, it's not a given that you always will have them with a UTI. We women must be ever watchful for urinary tract infections...it's the curse of the fairer sex!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom