Revision TKR JennyLynne's "full" disclosure

I've had knee pains and problems my whole life. As a child I always thought everyone's knees hurt don't they??

If this third surgery doesn't do the trick at least I know I've tried everything.
 
I remember telling my husband shortly after we met that I had bad knees. I said, for example, I'm in pain every time I step off of a curb. For as long as I could remember, even as a kid. I still think that he thinks I was exaggerating.

My first OS said he suspects I have a pain threshold as high as he's ever seen. It would be so interesting is we could really know what it feels like to walk in someone else's shoes.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I know I've got an extremely high pain tolerance because of it. I always felt like the "loser" on my layovers because I always had to find the escalator or elevator because I couldn't walk up the stairs. Also had to resort to wearing a knee brace on it from the time I got up until I went to bed. Finally got sick of it and decided to give this a try.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
You are making great progress and the fact you are in the "yay" stage is a blessing! Keep on keeping on!
 
Anyone without knee problems has so idea what the pain of arthritis in the knees feels like. There is pain every step, but we learn to try and ignore it. And most of the time, do. This gives many of us a high tolerance for pain.
 
Just had my first dr appt! With the exception of the 45 min wait, it went really well!

X-rays look good. He's happy with my meds and said do what I feel I need. They will refill at my request.

Best part... he said my flex at 90ish was good for 3 weeks AND anything over 110 is icing on the cake (as in, forever). Nice to know I won't get pressure in that area.

I can drive. I can go in the pool in 3 more weeks.

All good!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Pheebs52 you are only a few days behind me... pool is in your near future too!!

My PT had said to expect 12 weeks because of staples, not glue. But the PA today said 6 weeks, either way. Just in time for summer to really be roaring.
 
JennyLynne, you're 100% correct! We'll both be with the fishies this summer.:loll:
 
What a fantastic report you have. That ROM is amazing at 3 weeks!
 
You're right about where I was at that point and my final PT appointment a couple of weeks ago I measured at 113. So that's good to hear! I have my 12 week check up next week. Hoping for the same report as you :-)
 
He was so reasonable... this is a long recovery... you get stronger slowly... pace yourself... everything I wanted to hear


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Excellent review by your doctor! Good job! Now enjoy your summer !
 
Thanks everyone!

Tomorrow is my son's preschool graduation. My first real challenging outing. The school director reserved seats in the front row for us, with a folding chair for me to elevate on. I'm going to miss this school!!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Oooh, how adorable that will be! Very thoughtful of them to provide those seating arrangements for you! Does this mean Kindergarten in the fall? That's such an emotional day and I love seeing all the little ones heading off for their first day of *real* school!
 
Yes Pheebs, kindergarten in the fall!! He is so excited! When anyone asks him what's new, he says, "Well, you may have heard that I'm going to kindergarten!"
This age is the best!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Back
Top Bottom