Revision TKR JennyLynne's "full" disclosure

Jenn, I remember being off narcotics around week 3 for my first surgery EXCEPT for one at bedtime. I stuck with that for a while!

Flyaway, I live in Bloomfield Hills, which is about 25 miles from Detroit. Originally from Chicago but have lived here for 10 years.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I grew up in Rochester and then lived in Atlanta for many years. Now I'm in Shelby Township.
 
Flyaway we are practically neighbors!!! (As far as Internet forums go, haha)

Do you work for Delta?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I know, right?? You're just down the road from m!

Yes I work for Delta. I was previously with Northwest before the merger and I've been flying for over 38 years.
 
Being a flight attendant must be murder on the knees!! I get why you are taking plenty of time before you return!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
upload_2017-6-4_15-9-3.png


I still can't believe my feet touch! There used to be at least 6 inches between them due to how knock kneed I was!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yes flying is very tough on the body. Most of my FA friends have some issue they are dealing with. I have friends out on medicals for a myriad of things, feet, backs, shoulders, hips, knees ........
 
Did you use the same surgeon for your revision that did your PKR?
 
No... same office but different surgeon. I went to the revision specialist this time! Troy Orthopedic.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Yup! Please tell me you've heard good things??


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
We're big delta fans, living in Atlanta w a traveling husband. He earns all the Skymiles and I use them. It's our agreement. Sometimes I allow him to come with, but I claim the miles. :heehee:

He's mad that the travel service booked him on another airline for most of his current NZ trip. Boo! So many wasted miles.
 
Yes I've heard very good things! In fact I got an opinion from him a couple of years ago when I first started thinking about a revision. I ended up going with a surgeon in Rochester. They both said almost the exact same thing about what they thought I needed to have done and how they would do it. And both have very good reputations. It really was a toss up of who I was going to go with. I really liked both of them. I hope I made the right decision LOL.

Did you have your surgery at Beaumont? I had mine at Crittenton.
 
Troy Beaumont which was outstanding! Last time was Royal Oak, fine but Troy was so much better.



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Wow ladies, it is a small world! About a year ago I met a man on here that had his from the same group as mine, just their other office! BoneSmart is all over the world, almost and we meet people that are practically next door!
 
Today was my first day leaving the house! I went to my outpatient PT eval. I was a nervous wreck getting ready and heading out but it went fine.

My therapist seems nice. I told her this wasn't my first rodeo and I know my comfort zone. She was like "oh of course!" But for some reason I'm not sure I believe her. Time will tell!





Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
You're right, time will tell. Watch her hands carefully until you have some trust in her.
 
Back
Top Bottom