Revision TKR JennyLynne's "full" disclosure

Yeah, you know how they love to sneak a push in there!
 
@JennyLynne, great photo of your prettily painted toes touching!

I know you'll have that PT doing things your way. If not, bye-bye!
 
Good for you for telling your pt that you know your comfort zone!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
It is amazing when we see results from the actions we take, I.e. Surgery! So glad you are seeing your knees closer together! Congratulations!!
 
@JennyLynne I'm so glad to see that your feet touch!! Mine are knock kneed also. I think I'm going to take a before picture so I will have something to compare. I sure hope my surgery fixes mine as well as yours has done. Did you have back, foot and calf pain before your surgery? The surgeon has told me that I will probably experience additional pain in those areas after the surgery as everything gets back into alignment.
 
@jboles I still can't believe it! I stare at my feet a lot, haha! I had terrible calf pain for the first 2 weeks post-op. We were able to rule out a blood clot, and assumed it was muscle strain. No one mentioned that the straightening of my leg could have been a factor. Interesting! The best thing i have noticed is the absence of searing hip pain. I was planning a THR sooner than later, but I am wondering if fixing my knee will mean my hip has a longer life??
 
I sure hope it takes care of the hip problem, the absence of pain should be a good sign. I'll be glad when they get my allergies figured out, and I can get back on schedule.
 
I bet having your knee fixed will mean you'll be walking normally again. Then your hip should ease up!
 
I hope for both of you it means never needing a THR or at least postponing it for a long time!
 
I am genetically cursed... my dad and his mother had both knees in their 40's and both hips shortly after. I seem to be following their timeline to a t! I expect I will be fully bionic at some point, but hopefully LATER rather than sooner.
 
Ugh, JennyLynne, I sure hope such isn't the case. I can tell you I needed my right hip done first. Prior to having it replaced, it was negatively impacting my right knee for about 2 years. I suspect my knee was taking the heat from gait changes caused by the painful hip. Once I was healed, the knee pain disappeared, though I do have a fair amount of OA in that knee. Needless to say, I am hoping to put off a RTKR for as long as possible; eeek!
 
Pheebs, that's great!! Hope the same is for me!!

I know I'll do my right knee at some point. It's slightly slightly valgus but only bothers me on stairs.

MRI of right hip showed labral tears that could be repaired but would only tear again due to hip structure. So... that's what we are watching now!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
JennyLynne, the word labral tears still sends shivers down my spine. Don't bother with trying to repair them, it's useless, just get the hip done when needed. You'll know when to do it because you will experience significant groin pain.
 
Yup, they are awful! The hip pain was worse than the knee while the Euflexxa shots still worked. Once those stopped working, the knee was the front runner. I'm curious to see what happens next!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Oh, JennyLynne, I suppose it will be interesting on some level to see what goes next, eh? Still, you are so young to be dealing with all this; pffft!

My OS asked if I wanted him to X-Ray my left hip because I think he assumes I have OA in there as well. I declined and said, "It's not bothering me, so I'm not bothering it for now!" I think my right knee will be next, but honestly, can't even think about it at present.I always thought it would be the first knee to go, but...I was wrong! Interestingly, since I tore the left meniscus back in December, I haven't felt any pain from the right knee. It always bothered me with that deep, bone-ache prior to this. Perhaps the brain can only comprehend so much pain at once and just recognizes the worst? Sounds good, right?
 
Pheebs, it's all relative! What I used to think "hurt" is a walk in the park compared to how I felt these last 6 months!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Not me! My leg was so crooked and the pain was terrible. I dreaded every errand, every event. Couldn't exercise. 3 weeks out, I am so much happier! Though check back in 3 more weeks when I have HAD IT with this recovery, haha!
 
Well, yes, everything is relative. *They* say the people who are happiest with joint replacements are those who were suffering the most beforehand. Makes sense to me. As to stages, well...I don't even know what room I'm in half the time, so I have nothing sensible to offer there, lol!
 
Back
Top Bottom