Guest viewing is limited

PKR JennyLynne- On the other side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually slept better too -- sorry I missed the party @jacs65 ! I went to sleep easily about 10:30 but did wake up at 4. It was time that I could take another dose of Tylenol and ibuprofen so I did and went right back to sleep and slept until 7. Amazing how much better one feels after a decent night's sleep. Glad you're finding something that works too @JennyLynne .
 
Good sleeping, everyone!!!!

@jacs65 probably too soon for sunscreen, better to cover it. My OS said that since my incision was sealed, I could use some light unscented lotion on it, but nothing heavy or oily. I would worry that the chemicals and thickness of sunscreen may be too much this soon. We have some all natural sunscreen but it's so thick.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
All morning, I've been getting crazy "zingers" through my knee. Making it jump right off the pillow. Happening 4 or 5 times in a minutes, then stops, then starts. Scared to move, haha!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Speaking of sunblock for scar, how long has everyone worn compression socks post surgery? I've been wearing them 3 was now!
 
@Optimistic1 I never had to wear them. My OS said the he feels they restrict movement too much, and that outweighs the benefit.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
You're so lucky! I have my 3 wk appt tomorrow but I really hate wearing them and they roll down the leg all the time. Thanks for your feedback
 
The release notes from the hospital said 6 weeks for the stockings but when I saw the doctor at four weeks he said I could stop wearing them.
 
Hopefully I can Dutch them tomorrow although since my right knee is bone on bone as well I may save them. I'm thinking of having that one done before year end when my job is phased out. Yesterday at op-pt my rom on the left was 117 after 3 wks!
 
Wow, that's great ROM! I'm barely at 90 at 3 weeks


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
One stocking for just two weeks first time around. Stockings on both legs for 6 weeks this time around! Yuk.
They drive me mad in bed but I feel I have to follow orders. I don't get the varied policies on them though.....
Optimi@stic1 you are doing great with the ROM!
@JennyLynne It took me ages toa get decent ROM on my first knee and I watched everyone else in the physio group sail by me in terms of measurement. It's steadily improved over this last year and I do have a good functioning bend which has just recently allowed me to hold my foot in a hamstring stretch. It took me 6 weeks to get the static cycle pedals to turn in physio - I was shocked because I was a keen spinner before the op. It was such a wee thrill when those pedals went around.
Could those stockings be the secret to a good ROM @Optimistic1 ?
 
if those stockings are indeed the answer, then my OS got it 100% wrong. which, of course, is entirely possible, since I am quite sure he has never been an ortho patient!
 
In not sure if they were the answer but yesterday he put me in the bike and I was able to pedal all the way around for 6 minutes! The seat was adjuster 4 times to a lower height as well. I did some prehab before surgery but nothing out of ordinary bike riding and elliptical. I did use gym machines pre surgery to build up quads - 4-5 times a week. Never thought I'd be so far along at this point. Still however don't think I'll do full time work for another 4-6 wks as I sit all day and it's very uncomfortable
 
im starting back at the office next week... probably go in for a few hours, and work from home the rest of the day. at least attend a couple meeting, etc. I am ready to try, at least.
 
Looks like the stockings might be worth a try then! I was very fit before my last op but well.....
 
I'm no expert but I, personally, don't think the compression hose would help that much with ROM unless it's just that they help somewhat with the swelling. I found them more restrictive than helpful and was thrilled when I was able to lose them for good!

Roxie
 
Where the compression hose may help is to assist the leg in pushing fluid up from the leg, thus reducing swelling from the increased activity and the likely inability to elevate as much as would be preferred during that first week back at work when you're trying to catch up and not be a pain for your boss and co-workers who may be solicitous but will have no idea how much of a strain those first few weeks back will be for you.

I don't think they will hurt, and they may help. Ice and elevate when you can, but I think they are worth a try.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom