PKR JennyLynne- On the other side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Angel. I'm grateful that everything appears great with my partial. I hope you find some relief from your pain.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
From one worrier to another..........I know I would feel exactly the same as you do. I haven't even had my surgery yet and I'm already worrying about the other knee and when it will need doing plus worrying that I won't get the 10 years that the OS says I should get from the PKR I'm having in less than 48 hours (eek). But we know that worrying doesn't change what is going to happen it just makes our lives a little more :yikes:!! You're doing so well and reading your posts has been so encouraging. Back to work full time, lots of PT and your lovely son to care for - all at only 7 weeks or so out!! How good is that?? Woo hoo to you!!
 
Thanks @Raffs I guess I need some reminding! And soon, you will be on the other side too!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I definitely overdid it yesterday, but thought I was in the clear when I felt ok this morning. Guess it's just a delayed response... Quite stiff and sore now. Sitting in the yard, icing and elevating while my little guy plays and my husband grills. Recovery could be worse! :)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
When walking (around the house) this afternoon and evening, I've had both moments of my knee freezing up and moments of it feeling almost about to give way. I assume (hope!!) it's just a symptom of over doing it yesterday. If I walk consciously, I'm ok. It feels like it's due to weakness.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I wonder if it's similar to my 'muscle collapse' I get?
Occassionally when I go for my walk my knee gives way but after talking to my brother who has ongoing knee issues (it's a family thing!) he thinks it could be my muscle giving away as it did before my knee surgery and it is my muscles remembering this and repeating the action when I am tired.

Hopefully the exercise and muscle stimulation machine will help this.
 
I figure with me it's quads that need more strengthening.

sent from my Galaxy 4
 
I think it's quads too. Mine have a long way to go.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Muscle weakness here for sure. When I take a walk knee is fine at first, it gets tired and more likely to hyper extend the longer I am out. I haven't had the interesting bum to ground visits I occasionally got before surgery but sometimes it feels like a cartoon knee turning in a circle. I wouldn't blame just weak quads though, there are lots more muscles than that in your legs!
 
I took a picture of my legs yesterday to compare and I was shocked at the amount of muscle loss there as been in the operated leg. So not surprising my leg gives way now and again and still working very hard on extensions.

@KYata my knee hyper extends also when walking....weird and I try to correct it when walking which is very hard to do.
 
I did a lot of tai chi before surgery and felt that my quads -- and other muscles -- were pretty strong. But I noticed the other day that they have weakened some since surgery. I'm doing exercises to strengthen them and walking more but am still surprised how quickly they weakened during the time I was more limited in my activity and mobility.

Roxie
 
@jacs65 How did you deal with the hamstring pain? I'm just one week out and last night, I could barely put my leg down on the mattress due to the pain. After walking, icing and finally giving in to an additional pain pill, I finally went back to sleep at 2AM. Today the hamstring is sore, but not as bad. Nighttime seems to be the worse time. Does it get better?
 
It does get better, @momweb , but the sleeping issue takes awhile. I will be at 9 weeks tomorrow and am finally sleeping well about 75% of the time -- and improving every week. It was rough for awhile though and it seemed like the minute I went to bed, everything started to hurt.

Roxie
 
I'd like to give a shout out to Bio Oil. In the 2 weeks I have been using it, my scar has become completely flat and smooth. Still red, but a huge improvement!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Roxie, I ordered it on Amazon Prime, about $11. Bottle will last a while!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Took my son to see a movie this morning. The theater by me just put in leather recliners that go almost flat, with the push of a button. Heaven! I'd have gone sooner if I had known!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@JennyLynne I'm going to give BioOil a try also, been using Coconut Oil for weeks but fancy mixing it up...rock and roll! Loving the sound of those seats in the cinema.

@momweb The pain does go and the knee only wakes me if I knock it or I have over done the walking/biking/exercises - stick with and carry on icing if need be. I know also that you are not meant to put a pillow under your knee but when my hamstring/back of knee pain hurt I did put a pillow under my knee and it helped so much.

Happy weekend everyone
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom