PKR JennyLynne- On the other side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe she's trying to be sympathetic and failing? My husband has said things in the past that I imagine he thought were encouraging and helpful but completely derailed me from something I was trying to achieve.
 
She's not joking. Same advice I got when I was pregnant- "now don't fall down the stairs!"

There's a reason why we don't live near our families! Sigh...


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Haha that made me laugh @JennyLynne, although I've had 'are you sure you should be doing that? You could trip'
 
@PolarBear60 she is absolutely trying to offer helpful advice! I just cringe and say "thanks Betty, I'll be careful!"




Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
That's about all you can do, JennyLynne. In my husband's case, he'll make an entirely off-hand remark that he has no idea how much it has derailed me from goals I'd been making progress on achieving. That's why I was pleasantly surprised that he's done such a good job supporting me emotionally through this knee replacement. He was only so-so for helping around the house, but he did the absolute minimum I needed from him, and I realized I needed what I did get from him far more than help around the house. To his credit, his back bothers him, he doesn't sleep well, and he has general aches and pains all over, so, despite being a remarkably active 78-year-old man, he has legitimate issues that make it difficult for him to do more than what he usually does.
 
I picked a fight with my husband over the grocery list because I was frustrated to face another week of relying on him to do the shopping and majority of meal prep. Totally not fair. On Father's Day, even!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I agree with everyone else about the airport assistance. As you'll see on my own update, we just took a pretty big road trip and my husband had to do a lot of things he doesn't always do on trips like keep my ice machine filled, do all the driving due to my poor sleeping, etc. It's hard to rely on someone else even when you have no other choice.

Roxie
 
Rode the stationary bike at PT today! Took about 4 minutes of rocking to get a comfortable full revolution, and the rode for another 6 minutes. It felt so good, really loosened me up. Informally measured about 110 ROM, which is 10 more than a week ago.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
All this before work, hmm? Great way to start your day!

sent from my Galaxy 4
 
awwww I get the family thing..... oh the stories I could tell but won't bother :heehee: How exciting you did the bike!!! So happy for you @JennyLynne and @PolarBear60 we call my husband the "silver tongued devil" cause he just says things without even thinking sometimes!! I just let it all roll right off my back!! And I do give advice to my kids - when they ask for it :console2:
 
Good for you, @JennyLynne ! Riding the bike really helps to loosen up that knee. I love riding my bike, it's helped my BP so much!
 
I always feel best after a few minutes on the bike!

Today will be tough, mostly because my little guy had me up half the night with awful storms. Tornados went north and south of us, but the rain, wind and thunder had the house shaking. Grateful for no damage.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@JennyLynne Well done on bike, that is such good news. I remember my first attempt - felt sooooo good!

It does help hugely with knee flexion, I still have the odd day when I cannot do a full revolution but mostly I manage it easily now....open road and freedom is heading your way :yahoo:

Hope the storms have passed.
 
I have a big confession.... I never learned to ride a bike! I crashed on my first attempt (at 5) and was rushed to the hospital with a huge gash in my head. Was terrified to try again. But it is a goal of mine to learn so I can ride with my son, who will probably be ready next summer.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Oh no poor you, that must have really put you off cycling for sure. But what a fantastic goal for you and your son will love his Mum cycling along with him.

Here's to learning to ride that bike :thumb:
 
@JennyLynne we have another thing in common - I used to ride when I was a very young girl I had a bike accident and was bleeding from my private - ended up with surgery for the tear and I don't think I have ridden very much since. Thankfully there was no permanent damage!! Every now and again I go for a ride but serious bike riding - nope. So I will just keep riding my stationery bike - :heehee: No sand to slip on in the family room :snork:
 
I left my cane leaning against the gas station pump. I was home for 10 minutes before I realized it. That means I also walked up the back steps without it (there's a handrail). Pretty pleased! And, it was still leaning on the pump when I went back, so that was a nice surprise too.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Wow awesome in your thread. Stationary bike is awesome. I could never do it. Just be carful. Xxx


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom