PKR JennyLynne- On the other side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@JennyLynne Haha like your comment about Frankenstein! But I don't believe it!

I do walk with a very slight limp, at the start of the walk it is probably 99% there with no limp, but as I get towards the end the limp is more apparent but doesn't warrant a stick.
Looking forward to getting this Muscle Stimulator machine as may help prevent the muscle collapse that I get now and again.
 
@jacs65 wow, now I am jealous, riding a bike outside? I can't even imagine doing that yet, but it might be more fear than reality. in any case, I'll give that a little time. but good for you, that must have felt great, anytime we can do something "normal" is a win!
 
Yes, normality is so good. It was a very tentative bike ride and I'll probably have days when I cannot do a full revolution on the bike, but take what I can.
 
There was some talk of me needing to travel for work next month, 10 or so weeks post-op. Short flight but I'm worried about the whole grind of airport travel. Has anyone done this around that time frame?

I could also drive, it's 5 hrs, and I would be at my own pace.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
If you decide to fly, call ahead and ask for a transport to and from the boarding gate. Plus it may help get through security faster!
 
@KarriB I was thinking about that. I know it shouldn't matter, but I would be embarrassed if I was traveling with coworkers. Last year, all of my business trips were mildly humiliating with my limping/stairs/slowness. So much unwanted attention. It shouldn't matter, I know, but it was hard for me. I'm still smarting from it.

I'm thinking that I could drive alone if needed, since it's back to Chicago, which is my hometown. Go a little early or stay longer to see friends and family. (Even though I'm already going there next month)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I totally get it, @JennyLynne . I never used a motorized cart anywhere, but (my thinking may be a little weird) but with a recent surgery, it's not an on going problem. It's an isolated situation. That's my a vanity speaking, though. Went to Costco last week and my plantar fasciitis was really bad, a friend suggested a cart, but I toughed it out. I'm great for giving advice, not so great taking it.
 
Perhaps if its a small airport you might be ok but otherwise consider carefully. I flew at 8 weeks out. The flight was ok with extra leg room etc but the airports were large ones. I hitched a ride to baggage collection and was very glad I had, despite the cringing embarrassment. Its probably more graceful to sit on the cart waving regally than limping along or stressing the knee. We have the queen to aspire to!
As @KarriB says - its a one off situation.
 
@Hopper, this would be flying from Detroit to Chicago, both mammoth airports. Guess I need to swallow my pride.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm just now contemplating making the three hour drive to San Antonio. I'm not sure I'd want to make the five hour drive to Chicago, then have to deal with Chicago traffic. Using the airport escort capabilities at both airports, traveling with co-workers who might be willing to help, will leave you fresher to do whatever work you're traveling to do. (And, hey, if you're traveling together, you all maybe be able to ride the people mover to the next gate -- you could be the hero. Depending upon the size of the group...)
 
I'm going to Chicago in the middle of July, regardless, for a visit. We will be spending 2 days with my parents and then 2 days at my uncle's lake house in Wisconsin. So, I will be facing the drive next month at least once.

If I do have to go a second time, for work, you have all convinced me that the ease of using assistance in the airport will outweigh the likely embarrassment. I think ;)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Put your nose in the air and look very important as you glide in comfort across the airport. Then add on the royal wave - but don't forget the gloves!
 
Absolutely fun! Love the dark glasses, scarf, definitely the wave! Go for it!
 
I traveled at 4 and 5 months. Wish I had thought of the scarf and sun glasses and had asked for motorized assistance. Genius!!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
My mother in law is so optimistic and helpful... "Now, don't go falling!" and "Hope that other knee isn't next!" are a couple gems I heard today.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@JennyLynne WOW is she joking I hope!!! That would be hard to hear if she isn't!!! Like um do you think we choose to have bad knees!!! Hang in there!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Back
Top Bottom