Guest viewing is limited

PKR JennyLynne- On the other side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My knee is faring pretty well from my first week back at work, but my back is another story. It's been getting worse each day and today it's awful. I left work early because of that, not my knee. I'm not surprised, but I am not pleased.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
My back is just starting to feel better. It's been almost two weeks. Hope yours feels better sooner.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
Could it hurt from sleeping on it?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I don't generally have back problems but noticed mine was a little bit stiff the other day. I don't think all the resting, lying down, feet up, etc. that I've been doing has helped a whole lot. My back prefers me to stay active and that's hard right now.

Roxie
 
@KarriB I've been sleeping on my side all week, wouldn't it figure!

I think it's a combo of walking with a crutch (so, tilting a bit), and not being able to sit properly at my desk. I usually have my leg on a little ottoman cube under my desk. I think all of this is affecting my posture, etc.

The good news is that my flex seems to finally be able to get past 90 later in the day.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
It's so easy to throw part of the body 'out of whack' when your compensating otherwise!
 
You've had a big week, going back to work! I wonder if you're back will feel better once you give up the crutch for a cane. It may help you stand up straighter As well as help your gait.
 
oh I hope you feel better quick!!! The back thing is scary - I have issues with occasional sciatica now!!! I can't imagine have issues with it after too!!! everything is so darn connected!!! UGH!!!
 
My lower back has always been sensitive. I remember when I had foot surgery, my back and hips got messed up during the recovery. It's an unfortunate consequence of moving more. But, I'm moving more!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hope that your back pain eases off over the weekend. Have a good one.
 
@JennyLynne My Knee has been really good this week, but my back has been another story, such discomfort.
However I have been planting 200 Zinnia's out, so that could be part of the issue.

But I have stuck religiously to my three yoga stretches that I can do on my feet and they have helped so much.
Loved your story about the toilet by the way :rotfl:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
No, couldn't contemplate that. I bent both knees slightly and bent over, which meant I did planting in 10 min slots and hence why it has taken me best part of the week to plant them all. As couldn't bear to plant for longer than 3 or 4 stints.

So my back pain is probably my own fault but on the upside I am going to have an amazing show of colour in the garden.
 
Want to know how much your knee swells during the day? Wear super tight skinny jeans to work. And for good measure, forget to take meds at lunchtime. Oh, and make sure the ice machine in the cafeteria is broken!

In summary... TGIF, so glad I am back home! I thought I would need the jaws of life to get those jeans off and over my knee! I'm in my comfy yoga pants, toes over nose with ICE!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Oh no poor you; skinny jeans, no meds and no ice!! argggghhhhh.

I wore skinny jeans at the weekend and was very glad to get them off, knee swelled and other half had to peel them off. If I don't go out I live in yoga pants or shorts (as it's been warm recently)

If I'm active during the day by 4-5pm my knee swells, stiffens up and it essentially tells me to sit down, get the ice and REST.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom