PKR JennyLynne- On the other side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am absolutely bringing both crutches! It's a decent walk from my car to my desk... Definitely a double crutcher!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
It will help remind your co-workers that even though you are back, you're not yet 100%.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
Cue the child who won't stay in bed.... Apparently last night was a fluke because he has come out of his room about 20 times in the last hour. Ugh, why?????


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last night, he didn't realize he could. Tonight? Different story!


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
@JennyLynne Good luck at work, take all the advice and definitely leave before you hit the wall. Hope drive goes well too...50 miles wooooH!

@KarriB You are right about teaching, if I went back now I would be inundated with so many meetings, open days and planning days I wouldn't get away at all. Really can't think about go back to teaching just yet.

On the stairs discussion, I can go up stairs 'normally' that is one foot in front of each other on separate stairs and with no stick, but coming down it is two feet on each step whilst holding on.
 
Haha I know what you mean. My 1 boy does it all time. Other 2 do a lot to. And run in and out about 100 time hour. Agervated me. Mom said there just checking on us. ::-)




FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Hope work went well today. Looking forward to hearing how your day has been.
 
Honey, I'm home!! I missed my BoneSmart family today!

Last night was tough with my little guy, so I didn't get much good sleep. Other than that, I woke up feeling pretty good and ready for today.

The hardest part was getting from my car to my desk. It started raining as soon as I got out of the car. Try holding an umbrella with crutches! Plus I had my laptop backpack and purse and lunch bag. Way too much!!!

Once I got to my desk (looking like a drowned rat), things went fine. I kept my leg up on an ottoman cube, only got up to use the washroom or stretch my legs a bit. Didn't ice, which I had planned to. My bad. And when I saw it was already 2pm, I packed up and headed home. Figured that had been plenty long already!

Home now, elevating and icing. I'm sure I overdid it, but hoping there isn't too much a price to pay.

Thanks for all the support today!! I felt you all rooting for me :)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Sounds like you did good. Really hope your knee doesn't tell you off too much later. Fingers crossed!
 
You sound good. A positive start. Tomorrow will tell. High five.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
Good work, all sounds excellent and you were sensible too. Bet it felt soooooo good getting out of the house for a good proportion of the day.
Hope the little chap has more time in his bed that out tonight
 
A cane with purse, book bag, etc. means no umbrella. Glad you had a good day.
 
Glad to hear your day went well! Hope you get good time off your feet this evening!
 
YAY you had a good day!!! Makes me excited - I know I am doing both knees but to here you doing this in less than a month makes me so hopeful!!!!! Are you going again tomorrow??? :wow:
 
@iivesfam5 I am going in tomorrow, I have a couple meeting to attend for sure. Hoping I feel good in the morning. I am quite swollen right now, but clearly moving better that I would have expected. Coming home, icing and elevating for 2 hours really helped!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
It really is a balancing act when you throw work into the mix. If it's still swollen you might want to ice and elevate through the night.
My first outing after 2nd surgery and infection cleared was to see Jersey Boys. I wasn't wasting the ticket or missing the show. I could feel my knee swelling all evening and even though I got home very late I had to ice because the knee was so swollen it was uncomfortable. Wish I'd thought to ice while sleeping...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom