Guest viewing is limited

PKR JennyLynne- On the other side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those un-sexy thigh high compression stockings arrived yesterday. I couldn't get them on myself this morning (not enough flex yet for those tight suckers). My husband unsuccessfully tried, and in the process twisted my leg just enough to cause searing pain down the outside of my knee. And lucky me, 2 hours later, it still hurts quite a bit. So let's just say I am stocking-less today!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
:(


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
Boo. I had to wear them for awhile after surgery and they aren't fun. Is it possible for you to sit on the bed with both legs extended in front of you straight. Roll the stocking down to the toe then just lean over and put it over your toes. Then basically just roll it up your leg. That's essentially what I did at first. It took a little practice but it did work and didn't require bending! I hope your leg feels better. Ouch.

Roxie
 
Thanks Roxie- i will try that! I was sitting on a bench, never thought of doing it straight-legged. Wonder how flexible I am right now?

Feeling better finally. Sat through a meeting with ice on my knee. My colleagues are used to my antics. After watching me on a knee scooter (after foot surgery), this is nothing! They used to steal my scooter and have races up and down the halls.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
That's funny about the scooter. I doubt they'll steal your crutches though. Not quite as fun. ;)

Glad it's going ok!
 
@JennyLynne that twisting sounded horrendous, a week of pain episodes what with my fall and now this :nah:
Hope it starts to feel better soon.

Well done on work by the way and the Stones in 4 weeks....easy peasy. You'll be there for sure.:eyebrows:
 
Today was too long but I survived. Was able to ice a lot at the office, which definitely helped! Happy to be home, to my pillows and ice packs.
Tomorrow I don't have a packed day, so I plan to come home quite early.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I hope going in early tomorrow also means coming home early! You've put in quite a few hours the past couple days!

Roxie
 
I have not sleep all night in so long even before my LTKR. (Bladder) I get up every night for a bathroom run. Me being the odd one out loved waring the stocking at home. Made my legs fell so much better. I think it was kind of like the plastic wrap thing. Not much for waring them out and about. Get to many crazy looks.
 
@JennyLynne what are these stockings? Can you tell me where you got them? I need to be prepared - ya know!!!! I am going to have so much stuff to give to the next candidate in CT. LOLOL
 
well I got a few years on ya so if I imagine I won't be either with both my knees but I will check them out!!! I am a way ahead of the game kind of persona..... I drive my family crazy....... :loll:
 
Here's some office fun.... I was in the ladies room and a colleague said "do you need help?" And I said "yes!" Her face... horror!! I was obviously kidding (what exactly would she help me with?), but wow she wanted to run the other way!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I love that! I hope you took it to the max and started to walk into a cubicle....! :loll:
 
@iivesfam5 you can get them at Wal-mart. I also got a pair when I was in the Hospital. They let me bring them home.(stockings)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom