Guest viewing is limited

PKR JennyLynne- On the other side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Insomnia was getting the best of me and my OS prescribed Ambien. Benadryl was not helpful. I take one Tramadol and one Ambien an hour before bedtime and am sleeping through the night. This cocktail may not be for everyone but it sure has helped me keep my sanity.

Hoping you will get some interrupted sleep soon.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@AThom10731 - ambien is an old friend of mine, but i haven't taken it since I had my son 3 yrs ago. I've always worried I would be too sound asleep to hear him if he needed me. Ambien knocks me out hard!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@JennyLynne Wow! Two huge milestones! Little chap in bed and slept through and you 8 hours, that is awesome and I'm kind of jealous. With reference to the knee position I find it way to uncomfortable having operated knee down on mattress.
I have had an immensely busy weekend, BBQ at Brothers last night, light gardening this morning and then neighbours garden party this afternoon. I have my knee up now with ice and pray it does whinge too much tonight.
 
@jacs65 sounds like a great weekend! How nice to be back to more regular activity!

Just back from brunch with my husband and son, a Sunday tradition I have missed out on for the last few weeks. So nice to join them again! And now... ice!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Good to hear you managed to get out for the traditional 'brunch' its the little things that make such a difference I have found.

My physio told me to do what ever I am comfortable with providing I ice afterwards, after all we are not going to do anything that causes pain.

Q. Does you operated leg ever give way? Finding mine does, I think it is all to do with muscle memory as it did this before the operation.
 
Yes, I have the feeling too, like it will buckle. Still using 1 crutch (2 when I'm tired), I'm just not all that steady yet. My quads are still struggling to play catch up!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@JennyLynne and @jacs65 , I'm so glad you both were able to do normal things this weekend. It does help the attitude and mood so much!

Since my husband is out of town, I called and had a long chat with a long-time friend which was nice then I drove to Starbucks and treated myself to a vanilla bean frappuccino! On the way home, I stopped at Walgreens for Tylenol. This was the first time I didn't even take my cane with me and got in and out of Walgreens fine without it even though I had to stand in line at the counter. I think it's the little things that will keep us moving forward to full recovery.

Roxie
 
I'm looking forward to moving to a cane, and then nothing! I noticed, coming up the stairs just now, I was barely holding on. That's a huge improvement from the death grip I've been using!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
So jealous. I'm still in death grip mode.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
I think as long as you feel even remotely unsteady, you should stay in death grip mode for your own safety. For some reason, mine just feels really really stable and, even the first week, I would find myself walking across the room and then remembering that I had forgotten the cane. My PT had to keep reminding me to use it in PT when I walked across the room. I don't have balance problems and feel steady which is why I don't use it. But if you need it, by all means use it and don't feel bad about it!!!

Roxie
 
I'm stable. Thankfully! I just don't seem to have the strength this last couple weeks to climb like I did before my back started bothering me. I'm probably doing too much other stuff and not letting my body heal, so I'm trying to back off on activity (says the woman who rode the riding lawn mower again today. Sigh.).


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
@PolarBear60 , just noticed you're in Texas. We come to San Antonio pretty often to visit family. There's a lot of yard to mow in Texas! But please don't overdo and end up hurting yourself worse.

Roxie
 
Stay off the mower!! (Which is something you would never have to tell me twice!). That thing probably rattles your insides!

As for me... I am in de-nest mode, in anticipation of trying to get back to the office tomorrow. Straightened up the bedroom, so it looks like less of a hospital / home office. I'm down to 5 pillows from 7 (that's just my side of the bed)!

Washed AND dried my hair, even! Million dollar question... Will I bother with makeup tomorrow??


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
My husband mowed twice, but then he had to go down to San Antonio to mow our yard down there. I'm the usual mower -- he hates yard work. I thought I had waited long enough, but after today's bouncing around, I began to wonder if that's what was bothering me.

Hope your return to work goes smoothly!


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
Sometimes the makeup gets on and sometimes it doesn't. I wear jeans to work if I don't get my capris pressed.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@JennyLynne , how many hours a day do you plan to work in the office to start with? I hope you'll be able to ease back into it very slowly. No setbacks allowed here!

@PolarBear60 , I agree with JennyLynne. Stay off the mower! Even though it needs done, it might not be worth it at this time.

Roxie
 
I need to remember to leave the office BEFORE I feel tired or sore. My father (veteran of 2 TKR and 2 THR) hammered that into my head today... Get home before you hit the wall! I have a 25 mile drive each way, so I need to be sure I feel ok for that!



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Yes! Don't wait till your tired to leave. Even driving that far will take a bit out of you. When I went back to teaching it was February and COLD! I wore gray sleep pants with tennis shoes and a nice sweater. But the make up was on, I didn't want to scare my first graders. Set a reasonable time to leave and stick with it. It's very easy to get pulled into just one more meeting or one more e-mail.
 
Take both your crutches and don't be a hero. Use them.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom