Guest viewing is limited

PKR JennyLynne- On the other side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sleep on right side. I lay pillow between knee like this

This is not me but example.
[Bonesmart.org] JennyLynne- On the other side!
it's comfey. Although I do woller bed. Sometimes I lay on my back. And have foot hang off some. But I cat nap to.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Thanks @Angel1978 - I have a body pillow from when I was pregnant, maybe I will try it tonight. My surgical leg just felt awful on the bottom and isn't moving well enough to make it over the top. I feel like I'm *almost* there!
 
The only way I can manage a sleep on my side is to have good leg on the mattress, pillow on top followed by bad leg. Works a treat :)
 
I've heard that too. However, for e, even as well as I'm progressing, I can't sleep on my side just yet. Just doesn't feel quite good enough even with a pillow. It'll come though


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Used a body pillow last night, it helped. But wow my knee is sore this morning! Usually I feel my best in the morning, but side sleeping had me moving and adjusting all night. Helped my back and shoulders, but my knee didn't love it. Did manage some time on both sides. Maybe the knee just needs to get used to it? I had been sleeping with it on a pillow, fairly straight all night.

I am going to attempt my first solo outing today... A manicure!! The salon is about a mile from my home, a perfect "first time behind the wheel" distance.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Enjoy your manicure and the freedom of transporting yourself!
 
You go @JennyLynne ! A manicure will feel wonderful and will be a good way to start easing back into the outside world.

I too tried @Angel1978 's pillow sleeping method and was comfortable for awhile. Then it started to hurt my knee and I was back to tossing and turning. Maybe soon.

Roxie
 
Yes, me too. Side, back, side, back but never operated leg down to mattress first :bignono:
 
Back home! Driving is easy... But having to park around the corner sucked. I also realized that my town needs to fix up the sidewalks!

Nice to be out alone! I didn't want to come home, but I also couldn't think of anything else to do that wouldn't require much effort. Need to save some energy for later, if only to sit in the yard for a while.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@jacs65 - is there a medical reason to not have that leg on the mattress or is that just your comfort?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi. Haven't been able to catch up on your recovery until today. This week has been busy! Hope sleeping improves really soon. So glad you had your nails done. Little things like that really mean a lot after surgery. Hope you're having a nice, pain free and sleep filled weekend.
 
I'm desperate enough for sleep that I just applied essential oils. Neighbors are having a party. I want to yell "turn the music down!!!" (But I won't.... Yet....)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Also.... Moved my little guy to a toddler bed today! So far, so good, but I won't be surprised if I have a visitor in the morning!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I slept 8 hours!!! On my side!!! I woke up every few hours, rolled on my back for a couple minutes, and then back to sleep on my side. Maybe those silly oils work?!

(Also, unrelated to my knee but still huge news to me, my little guy never got out of his bed. It is 7:30am. He is awake, and still in bed, singing about the itsy bitsy spider.)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hurrah! Great night for sleeping in @JennyLynne 's house. Sounds like your little guy was ready for his move to the "big boy bed." I slept better too. I slept in my side using the pillow but did wake up at some point (early morning, I think) and the one area on my knee that aches now and then was aching so I just got up and moved to the recliner and it quit aching with the change in position and I went back to sleep there. Bit by bit, it's getting better for all of us.

Roxie
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom