Guest viewing is limited

TKR JennyLynne’s Next Chapter

@allin1 I arrived at 7:45am, surgery started promptly at 9:15am and lasted an hour.

I woke up around 11am. They got me up to use the bathroom about 1pm, and I worked with PT for a few min and they took me to my car. I was home in bed before 2pm! (My husband had to stay in the car so im glad it wasn’t too much longer!)

It was truly amazing how good I felt that day! It was so easy getting home and going up a flight of stairs- much easier than when I’ve been discharged from hospital a day or two later.
 
Hey @JennyLynne :wave:
One week post op tomorrow already! :happydance:
I remember loving those early weeks clicking on by. You seem to be doing really well.

I hope you have a peaceful week and a relaxing Memorial weekend. Maybe you’ll even feel up to a mellow backyard bbq with the fam one of the days this holiday weekend. :SUNsmile:
Sounds like fun! :)
 
@Layla thanks! We are supposed to get a nice turn in the weather here in Michigan- it would be nice to get some fresh air! Wishing you a lovely holiday as well!
 
:hi: @JennyLynne
Catching up and was sympathizing with your quest to get pain under control.:console2:
I really hated the yuck factor with the pain meds too...
Hopefully this period will pass by quickly ...
Healing mojo coming your way..:loveshwr:
 
One week post-op! It’s been a bit of a blur and it’s hard to believe it’s been a week! Easier to do the little things- get to bathroom, shower, etc.

I still haven’t gone downstairs. Tomorrow is my outpatient PT eval. I’m nervous to go. Feels too early. But I’m notorious for getting in my head and working myself up... so trying not to think about it too much. If it proves too much, I won’t go. (And then deal with my husband who always seems disappointed in my lack of activity)
 
(And then deal with my husband who always seems disappointed in my lack of activity
Has your husband done any reading on Bonesmart? Also, tell him to go to youtube and watch a live TKR. Maybe that will help him to understand that more activity is not better for an infant knee.
 
@sistersinhim we go through this every time! He is a natural athlete and super competitive. I just can’t get it through his head.

My dad is even worse! He’s a long time veteran of both knees and hips. He knowS EVERYTHING ABOUT EVERYTHING... just ask him! I told him I can’t lift my leg - “well that doesn’t sound right!” I told him my inner thigh is strained - “well that doesn’t sound right!” On and on... so frustrating! He came to stay with us to help out after my hips. I love him but I’m glad he’s not here this time. At least I can just zone out on the phone and not listen to it in person, haha!
 
Good Morning! It sounds like you've got a better feel of you meds now, I hope that adding the tylenol helps keep the pain at bay. I didn't realize how much it could help but it was key for me too. I think the first week you spend groggy anyway, sleeping off and on when you can, I didn't sleep well at night but could nap easily during the day. PT eval will go fine, don't stress, I know easier said than done lol but just try to remember they are only evaluating, seeing where you are and what you can do/not do. It's not about working hard that day. At least it wasn't for me.

Ignore your husband and dad lol people will always claim they can do this or that, or well that is not what happened to a friend of mine, or horror stories, but just remember everyone, every surgery, every knee is different.
 
I will say, my dad provided some good content for the Hip forum last year!

My favorite story:
I was taking a nap, and woke up to this awful fishy smell. I look over, and there’s my dad, sitting in my bed next to me, eating shrimp cocktail!! I thought I was dreaming!!!
My husband didn’t want to sleep in our bed after that :heehee:
 
He came to stay with us to help out after my hips. I love him but I’m glad he’s not here this time.

This made me laugh :heehee: I REMEMBER YOUR DAD! Loved him! I remember him laying in bed with you, eating food and watchIng tv? :rotfl: It’s really so sweet he’s that loving toward you and comfortable in your home. I can see how you may tire of it but it made for good entertainment on BoneSmart. Darn! Wish he was there! :heehee:

Happy One Week!
 
I so understand! Sometimes, when it comes to help, less is more!
Recovering alone can be rough, but also a blessing. I didn't have anyone telling me that I had to do this or that! I did just what I felt like doing! Stressfree is so much better!
 
Just took my bandage off! It looks way better than I expected but it still grossed me out, haha
 
Just read your thread. I hope the pain is lessening. Did you go to PT today?

I had to tell some people to be quiet when talking about hips & knees. For me, it was the opposite. No pain but everyone said “that’s not possible”.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom