TKR Jeffs new left knee"

Jeff,
Ask for another PT, all the pushing and shoving is setting back your recovery. Work smarter, not harder, and
pain = no gain. You are not training for an athletic event, you are in recovery from a major surgery, you had both ends of your knees sawed off, your skin cut and stripped back, your bones pounded, glued, and screwed, then soft tissue pulled together, sewed, glued or stapled. Your knee has been through a lot, and needs time to heal, the swelling will go down and your ROM will be there.
I never let anyone bend my knee after my revision, I now have 135 degrees, before my revision I had 120 degrees.
:sleep: :elevate::ice: and :chillpill: on schedule as prescribed.
Do a few Heel slides and how to do them , walk around your house and you will be fine.
 
Jeff,
Ask for another PT, all the pushing and shoving is setting back your recovery. Work smarter, not harder, and
pain = no gain. You are not training for an athletic event, you are in recovery from a major surgery, you had both ends of your knees sawed off, your skin cut and stripped back, your bones pounded, glued, and screwed, then soft tissue pulled together, sewed, glued or stapled. Your knee has been through a lot, and needs time to heal, the swelling will go down and your ROM will be there.
I never let anyone bend my knee after my revision, I now have 135 degrees, before my revision I had 120 degrees.
[emoji99] :elevate::ice: and :chillpill: on schedule as prescribed.
Do a few Heel slides and how to do them , walk around your house and you will be fine.
Thanks i kinda thought to myself that this pushing my knees with me feeling this kind of pain isn't right.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
 
This is why I waited 6 weeks to begin PT after my 2nd TKR. And guess what? I'm doing fine!

Don't let 'em hurt you!

Wow 6 seeks later.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
 
Jeff, I was too shy to say what I wanted at first. Thanks to the BoneSmarties, I got my courage up and when I started out patient PT, I told them upfront I did not want them to bend my knee and hurt me. I got the same lecture you did. I told them they may touch my leg, but when I told them to stop, they had to stop. We are working together now - not against each other.
 
Thanks I'm gonna speak up tomorrow.
Sounds like a plan Jeff. If she objects, tell her you want someone else who has more experience with TKR. There are plenty of success stories here from people who have had no PT and have great range of motion.
 
how's that knee feeling And how's PT?


---------------------------------
RTKR
08 Dec 15
|| 25 Years Young :) ||
 
Hello what's up. The PT is extremely hard. She said yesterday . that I'm about 85-90 ROM. I truly understand this is a process. I been out the house not driving yet but grocery shopping leaning on the grocery buggy around the store. The stiffness and pain and swelling is ruff. It has been about 16 days sense surgery and the swelling is still there and it has gone down a little but the stiffness is there. I go up stairs maybe once or twice a day about 18 stairs with my cane but most of the time I'm on my walker. I plan on going to the corner mail box today with my walker about one city Block.. this is very different from Hip replacement recovery.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
 
how's that knee feeling And how's PT?


---------------------------------
RTKR
08 Dec 15
|| 25 Years Young :) ||
How's your PT and new knee doing ??

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
 
how's that knee feeling And how's PT?


---------------------------------
RTKR
08 Dec 15
|| 25 Years Young :) ||
In my morning reading and studying from Matthew 13:1-9; 18-23 it talks about sowing seeds in different types of ground. From this I gather as well ,you have to be careful where you sow your seed. You can't get fruitful harvests from bad ground, soil, and I mean people hearts. You can do all you can for a person, love, provide, be there for them and when you expect a harvest there is none. It's nothing wrong with you, it's just the ground your sowing in ain't no good. Don't waste your time sowing in jobs that have no future. Go sow in a education to get a better job with benefits. Don't waste your time sowing in a bad relationship no matter how much you do, love, care, spend of your resources it will never do the same for you, because it's bad ground. Sow your seed in a healthy relationships that will in return bless you as well. Don't sow your seed into this world and these streets and fake friends why? Because it's bad ground and will not produce a good harvest. Don't cast your pearls before swine. Listen family to the holysprit, and God's word, they will tell you where and who to sow into. Some people you need to leave them where you find them. Some things belong in the gutter. Don't invite roaches to your deluxe apartment. When you sow good seed in good ground it reproduces itself many times over. Some people are like those seedless grapes or watermelons we buy at the grocery store, they can't reproduce because they are manufactured (phoney).
So today's word is make sure the ground your sowing in can reproduce the harvest you need in your life. Enjoy your Tuesday!!!
Hello what's up. The PT is extremely hard. She said yesterday . that I'm about 85-90 ROM. I truly understand this is a process. I been out the house not driving yet but grocery shopping leaning on the grocery buggy around the store. The stiffness and pain and swelling is ruff. It has been about 16 days sense surgery and the swelling is still there and it has gone down a little but the stiffness is there. I go up stairs maybe once or twice a day about 18 stairs with my cane but most of the time I'm on my walker. I plan on going to the corner mail box today with my walker about one city Block.. this is very different from Hip replacement recovery.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk


Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
 
The PT is extremely hard.
The PT shouldn't be hard. if it is, then it's too much.

You only need a little, very gentle PT.

You don't have to work hard to rehab your knee. It's doing OK.
Invest your time in rest, ice and elevation, rather than in doing exercises.
Just do a few heel slides now and then and practice walking around the house. That's all you need.
 
Thank you that's what I figured.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
 
Your ROM sounds great for this stage. Do you have to do stairs more than once a day? if not, don't do it. A little walking is ok, but listen to the knee.
 
Okay, thanks for the knowledge I might go up them twice a day, might usually no more than once a day. This discussion forum bonesmart has been there for me ever time. This is my third joint replacement surgery.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
 
new knee is moving along were progressing along. definitely listen to your knee. PT shouldn't be crazy hard. maybe uncomfortable some but not painfully hard. I have to go up and down stairs like 4-5 times a day. I know the struggle. thanks for the word. I needed it and was actually really pertinent to my life right now


---------------------------------
RTKR
08 Dec 15
|| 25 Years Young :) ||
 
@jebrig3164 the knee recover is different. Hard for others to understand that have not been through it.

Your doing very well at 16 days.

At 12 week now myself and just starting to feel semi normal again.
 
@jebrig3164 the knee recover is different. Hard for others to understand that have not been through it.

Your doing very well at 16 days.

At 12 week now myself and just starting to feel semi normal again.
I totally agree, I would think that the Hip recovery would be harder but it's not. It's hard bit nothing like this knee replacement surgery. I can't wait to get to 12 weeks out and start feeling semi half normal. Congratulations on your recovery thus far.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
 
Greetings everyone. I pray all had a great Christmas. Well its been one month since I had my left knee replacement and I don't know what to expect at this stage. It's still swollen and it still hurt but not as much as it use to. The stiffness is unbearable.

I'm over 100 in ROM when the physical therapist measure it. On my stomach I bend only to 85 ROM. She said it's still good at your stage. I drive, cook, clean, wash, go up and down stairs and walk with my cane about a half a mile a day then I ice elevate my leg after. But I tell you I wasn't mentally ready for this slow and painful process. I had both hips replaced last year and thought it would be like those . They were hard to recover from but nothing compared to this slow and painful process. I'm a month out and still taking pain meds but not as much. Is this normal at this stage ?
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom