TKR Jeffs new left knee"

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
 
You are brave going right home.
I am going to a rehab place later today.
Last knee I got home with a bottle of pills that looked like it would last forever.
I was shocked on Saturday evening to realize I didn't have enough to get me through the weekend.
It was...interesting.
I squeaked through, and got to feel the joys of withdrawal.
Won't do that again!!
 
Lol, well this is my 1st knee replacement

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
 
Jeff, your knee looks great! How is your pain level? PT and nurse working out? Are you surprised what you CAN do? I hope your day is blessed!
 
Thanks, my knee is feeling better. My PT should be here today. I'm grateful for this new knee. No bone on bone pain.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
 
Rough start for you without pain meds @jebrig3164 . Glad everything is sorted now. Sounds like the icing and elevating is working for you as well. They say TKR recoveries are a bit harder than THR. Just keep up the mantras and you'll be fine.
 
Thanks Jaycey, you are so correct

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
 
Jeff. Your scar looks great, 4 days removed from a TKR. No bruises either. How are you feeling today, are your meds still keeping you comfortable?


Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
 
@Gramanator57. I know exactly how you feel. It looks like a lot of pills; until you can't get the pain under control with the one pill you are supposed to take. I still don't think the doctors and nurses have any idea how intense that pain is.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
 
Jeff. Your scar looks great, 4 days removed from a TKR. No bruises either. How are you feeling today, are your meds still keeping you comfortable?


Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
I'm feeling okay, thanks about the scar it's tight. Swollen but other then that cool. My MEds are good and keeping Me comfortable.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
 
@Gramanator57. I know exactly how you feel. It looks like a lot of pills; until you can't get the pain under control with the one pill you are supposed to take. I still don't think the doctors and nurses have any idea how intense that pain is.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
I'm just glad that I got the pain under control. It looks like a lot of pills but it doesn't bother me as long as I'm not in pain.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
 
Hi Jeff! Just saw that you finally got your new knee.... Congratulations!! I have dealt with the pharmacies here in FL and know how they have clamped down on filling pain pill prescriptions since the D.A. closed down the illegal pill mills. Made sure I had my meds filled before discharge. You must be a very strong person to endure that 1st night home.
Knee looks good, stay on your pain meds and Miralax!! Don't get backed up, if you know what I mean.
I am 5 weeks out and would say the 1st two weeks are the worst. DON'T let PT hurt you!!
 
Hi Jeff! Just saw that you finally got your new knee.... Congratulations!! I have dealt with the pharmacies here in FL and know how they have clamped down on filling pain pill prescriptions since the D.A. closed down the illegal pill mills. Made sure I had my meds filled before discharge. You must be a very strong person to endure that 1st night home.
Knee looks good, stay on your pain meds and Miralax!! Don't get backed up, if you know what I mean.
I am 5 weeks out and would say the 1st two weeks are the worst. DON'T let PT hurt you!!
Thanks for the words of encouragement. Yes it rough the first night without no pain meds. But I got them today. my PT came by today and tried to hurt me. I told her she works for me and not the other way around. I couls.use the push but not to the point of tears. Thanks a lot for the information.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
 
my PT came by today and tried to hurt me. I told her she works for me and not the other way around. I couls.use the push but not to the point of tears. Thanks a lot for the information.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk


YES!!!

and your scar gives me good feels about Tuesday.


---------------------------------
RTKR
08 Dec 15
|| 25 Years Young :) ||
 
Way to go about setting PT straight!! Your incision looks really great. I'm glad the pain meds are working well.
 
Jeff, how are you doing? Managing o.k. at home? Any problems? What good things are happening for you? Don't forget the good things - they will sustain you through this journey. I hope you have a blessed Sunday.
 
Well things are going okay according to what I have read in others timeline. My left leg is swollen and tight I have been having regular Bile movements. It hurts like Hell, I can tell when I need to take my meds. I have Dilaudid, Percocet, tramodol, Tylenol 3 with codean. Plus my Asprins. Sometime I forget and jump right on it. I went upstairs yesterday no problem 18 stairs. I think that it's getting better not even a week out. I pray all is well with you and every other bone smart.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
 
Hello everyone well its been 9 days sense my left total knew replacement and it's been a struggle. The pain is well undercrontol it's just the stiffness and the swelling that makes it difficult to bend. I can dress myself I can climb my stairs pretty much with no problem it's hard bending the knee
I do my execircise and my therapy every day. My question to everyone is who long before them swelling goes down?
 
it's just the stiffness and the swelling that makes it difficult to bend.
You have to remember that your knee sustained major traumatic surgery---two bones were sawed off, things were filed, pounded, glued, and then you were finally sewn up. It will be swollen for quite some time, so take it easy and take it gently---you cannot rush things and the swelling will go down when the knee is calmer.

it's hard bending the knee
Again---this is normal. The harder yo try to bend it at this stage of recovery, the more you will aggravate the knee.

My question to everyone is who long before them swelling goes down?
It took me about four months for the swelling to be totally gone---five months before the swelling was completely all gone---80%-85%---and eight months before I was close to 90%-95%-100%. This recover gig is slow and it can be frustrating---so you ice, elevate, and rest and let the surgical knee calm down---and slowly the stiffness and the swelling will dissipate.
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom