Guest viewing is limited

TKR Jeffs new left knee"

Hi Jeff, glad you're home now and resting. I saw on another thread that you have concerns about no CPM at home?
After my BTKR, I had no CPM's---my OS did not believe in them. My father had them for both of his TKR's.

I got along fine without them---so I would not worry at all about one.

My OS wanted active work (gently of course) for my knees---not passive.
 
I can home yesterday and I couldn't fill no prescription every pharmacy said didn't have morphine, porcorcet, and Dilaudid. So I had to suffer all night. Just got them filled and I'm resting with my legs in the air. Seem like I got the pain under control now. my in house therapy stars tomorrow. I'm get up every couple hours and walk around the house. now that I have had hips and knees replaced. The knees is very much harder.bim so tired and cat nap a lot. Looking forward to my therapy tomorrow. But tonight I'm chilling.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
 
Hi Jeff!
I hope all is well with you today!!
I'm doing much better than yesterday...got the pain under control and I am able to sit up.
YAY!!!!!!
Glad your doing better grandma, got your pain under control.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
 
Jeff. I'm so sorry you had to wait to get your scripts filled. Next time just get them filled before you leave the hospital, I'm surprised they didn't suggest it. You have some heavy duty pain meds, Morphine, Percoset and Dilaudid, follow the dosing schedule carefully or you will be sleeping all the time.[emoji25] You will find once your pain is under control, everything will be easier. Get some much needed rest.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
 
Jeff, I am so sorry about your pain Meds. Would you believe my husband had to go to THREE pharmacies the evening I got home to get my Meds? We also had a hard time finding the morphine in the correct dosage. Try to stay on top of your schedule now. The pain would have wiped you out also. Rest and try to ice and elevate. Tomorrow will be better.
 
Oh no! After my LTKR I was discharged too late on a Sunday afternoon and spent my first night home without pain meds. Stings, doesn't it? Lesson learned: next knee I had my prescriptions written, filled, and in my medicine cabinet BEFORE surgery.
 
Jeff. I'm so sorry you had to wait to get your scripts filled. Next time just get them filled before you leave the hospital, I'm surprised they didn't suggest it. You have some heavy duty pain meds, Morphine, Percoset and Dilaudid, follow the dosing schedule carefully or you will be sleeping all the time.[emoji25] You will find once your pain is under control, everything will be easier. Get some much needed rest.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
I told my surgeon you want to send me home after this short stay in the hospital. Then send me home with no pain or very minimal. Yes, I have to be careful because it's heavy duty pain medication. I was in so much pain last night at home it was if I was on the operating by able with no anesthesia.


Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
 
Jeff, I am so sorry about your pain Meds. Would you believe my husband had to go to THREE pharmacies the evening I got home to get my Meds? We also had a hard time finding the morphine in the correct dosage. Try to stay on top of your schedule now. The pain would have wiped you out also. Rest and try to ice and elevate. Tomorrow will be better.
Wow, that's the same thing we did. After three pharmacies telling us they don't have it. I got frustrated and was ready to go home. But I got them now, and I feel better about to ice and elevate my legs and chill.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
 
Oh no! After my LTKR I was discharged too late on a Sunday afternoon and spent my first night home without pain meds. Stings, doesn't it? Lesson learned: next knee I had my prescriptions written, filled, and in my medicine cabinet BEFORE surgery.
Lesson learned and great tip. Have them written and in turn cabinet before surgery. When i have my right knee done next year I'll be prepared. The funny thing is with my last hip replacement I did the same thing.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
 
Wow! I can't believe three pharmacies couldn't give you anything! How terrible to go through a night with no meds, but I'm glad you're doing better. Rest, ice and stay ahead of the pain.
 
It's good you have your pain medications now. I hope you have a much better night tonight than last night. Sleep as much as you need to and I'm sure you'll be doing better soon.
 
Ice, elevate and chill. A new Bonaparte mantra. Courtesy of Jeff.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
 
Lol, that's what I'm doing right now.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
 
^I enjoyed the image of Napoleon giving knee orders. :heehee:

Sorry you had to go through a night with no meds. :(
 
[Bonesmart.org] Jeffs new left knee"


Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom