Guest viewing is limited

TKR jeffm1955's recovery

My Oxycodones have run out (was taking one every 4 hours days and two every 4 hours nights).I have Tramaol 50mg and Acetaminophen 500mg filled at the hospital.I once saw a dosage chart on here for both.At the hospital they were mixing one Tramaol and one Tylenol every 6 hours.Anyone know of this dosage chart.My surgery was LTKR Aug.31,2017.
 
Here's the chart, but you can call your OS or PCP for a refill of oxycodone.


[Bonesmart.org] jeffm1955's recovery
 
I've had staples years ago for a different surgery and I had the same thing you did this time around, a custom conformis knee with stitching underneath and glue on top and there is no comparison. The glue is so much better! It doesn't pull like the staples do and doesn't necessitate a painful removal. It gradually flakes off over the course of a couple of weeks.

Congrats on beginning your journey with a positive attitude. Hope things continue to go well for you. I'm 9 weeks out and doing fantastic. Some people think it doesnt matter what brand of knee you use and, who knows, they may be right. But I have been very satisfied with the conformis.
 
Last edited:
Had my two week post check up . Doctor was happy with my incision and ROM. Xrays looked good. Took me off the walker to a cane. No longer on narcotics, just 500mg Tylenol. Go back in 4 weeks to discuss going back to work.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
 
@jeffm1955, can you please tell me what you are doing regarding physical therapy? Really happy to hear the Conformis knee is working out so well. I am 7 weeks out from bilateral. Thanks.
 
Last edited:
At this point I'm not doing PT. I was given a book of weekly exercises at the hospital I do. My doctor did give me a prescription for PT if I choose to do so.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
 
Great report from the doctor. It sounds like things are going well for you. Don't forget that recovery can be a jagged line, so don't get down if you you feel like you have a setback at some point, it is normal and you will start moving forward again soon. Best wishes for a continued good recovery.
 
@jeffm1955, sounds like you are doing exceptionally well. I am happy to see the Conformis knee recovery. My continued best to you.
 
What causes the clicking in a new knee replacement? It seems it is more common it the morning after iceing all night and when Ive been on it alot.It doesn't really bother me because it clicked and popped before surgery.Just curious.
 
It seems like it is pretty common to experience clicking and from reading so many stories on here, i think many people loose it as they heal, some people don't. I've never had it happen so have no personal advice. Interesting that it clicked before. Wonder if that has anything to do with it? Mine never clicked before surgery. It seems so common I kept waiting and wondering when it would happen to me. I'm 11 weeks out and thinking maybe if hasn't happened by now it won't? How do you like the Conformis knee so far? Do you feel like you are healing quickly, normally or too hard to tell?
 
It seems like it is pretty common to experience clicking and from reading so many stories on here, i think many people loose it as they heal, some people don't. I've never had it happen so have no personal advice. Interesting that it clicked before. Wonder if that has anything to do with it? Mine never clicked before surgery. It seems so common I kept waiting and wondering when it would happen to me. I'm 11 weeks out and thinking maybe if hasn't happened by now it won't? How do you like the Conformis knee so far? Do you feel like you are healing quickly, normally or too hard to tell?
Yes,I do feel I'm healing quickly. I walk almost normal and today (at about 3.5 weeks) I mowed my small lawn with a push mower with no I'll effects. The only thing I have a problem with is long periods on my feet,like a couple hours at a time.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
 
Good for you! I think there is something to be a said for the custom Conformis. I know I'm happy with mine. Sitting with my leg down for extended periods was rough for the first few weeks and while I felt pretty stable on my feet very early on, it took a little time to extend bit by bit to a full day of activity.
 
I think it's thanks to the Conformis knee and good surgeons.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
 
I'm a clicker ... can't hear it, just feel it. My leg does not like to stand in one place. Sounds like you're doing well.
 
I've been healing real well,very little discomfort ,and walking pretty normal. Monday I decided to get the grill out of the garage and grill some pork chops.The grill is pretty heavy but has wheels on one end so I only have to lift one end.i got it out but had some discomfort and more discomfort putting it back. It was the walking backward part pulling it.Stiffness and some pain dead center in the middle of my knee cap,stiffness is on the sides with maybe a little swelling. My surgery was Aug.31,do I have anything to worry about? Could I do damage to my knee at this point without more serious pain?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
 
What causes the clicking in a new knee replacement? It seems it is more common it the morning after iceing all night and when Ive been on it alot.It doesn't really bother me because it clicked and popped before surgery.Just curious.
It seems like it is pretty common to experience clicking and from reading so many stories on here, i think many people loose it as they heal, some people don't. I've never had it happen so have no personal advice. Interesting that it clicked before. Wonder if that has anything to do with it? Mine never clicked before surgery.
The clicking-clunking happens because you now have hard metal and plastic parts moving over one another, instead of the relatively softer bone and cartilage. As long as it doesn't hurt, there's no need to worry. This article explains: Clicking/clunking knee joint after surgery
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom