Guest viewing is limited

TKR jeffm1955's recovery

I just had my 2nd hospital PT and my bend is 79* (yesterday it was 63*) and my straight is 2*.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
 
Sounds like you are doing great.
Assume the PT is also working with you on the following items, in and out of bed, on and off the toilet, walking with an assistive device, and up and down the number of stairs you have in your home.
Your ROM is there, just waiting to be revealed as you heal.
 
I did walk 60 feet. The occupation therapist come in at 11:00,they handle that stuff.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
 
Congratulations on being done with the surgery--on to recovery!
 
Just curious, do you have a CPM machine?
I used mine around the clock for the first 2 days post-op & think it helped a lot.
Taza :SUNsmile:
 
Congratulations and welcome to the *Upgraded Side!* Wow, your room looks like a posh resort and your knee doesn't look too shabby either! I see you play guitar, so just thought I'd share; Jimmy Page also had a knee replacement and it didn't affect his playing ability one iota! Best of luck as you carry on through this lengthy journey! Post often because it's really good for your sanity, lol!
 
Just curious, do you have a CPM machine?
I used mine around the clock for the first 2 days post-op & think it helped a lot.
Taza :SUNsmile:
No,I have given exercises, and PT comes in and does exercises with me and walks me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
 
It sounds like you're doing great! Be careful to not overdo. Sometimes PT can get carried away and end up causing a set back. You stay in control and not let them push or pull your knee. My PT at the hospital was sneaky and tried to push my foot with her foot and I strongly told her, "No!", and she stopped. You have that right, too. You can't force your knee to heal any faster by exercising, but you can sure set it back. If you follow the BoneSmart guidelines you'll have a quicker and a much less painful recovery! Trust all of us who have been through what you are going through! Experience knows!
 
@jeffm1955 It sounds like you are already well on your way! Keep up your positive spirit - it helps a lot. And please heed the wise advice of @sistersinhim about not overdoing and staying in control of your knee. I love @Pheebs52 telling you about Jimmy Page. If Jimmy Page (one of my idols) could do it, we can too!!:loll:
 
After my tkr, my 3 first main goals were 1. Get pain under control,2. Ice as much as possible, and 3. Be able to get myself in and out of bed, so I could do bathroom trips solo. The pain control was easy. Icing felt very good, even the lousy ice pack in the hospital, and getting up was easier than I expected. But having those goals kept my focus on the right things- drugs, ice, and rest. I am not usually a nap person, but I have napped more in the last 3 weeks than in the whole rest of my life. Your body needs rest to heal. And healing takes time.
 
Well I got to go home around 5 pm Friday 9/1 after two sessions of physical therapy an two sessions of occupational therapy,so i was pretty sore and swollen but i iced and elevated an got it under control.I ended up with a 79* bend and 2* on the straight, and walked 60 feet the first session and 70 feet the second session.I've had no pain over maybe a 5 and 2 or 3 most the time.
 
Yes it it, Pheebs52

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
 
By the way, your ROM is excellent for so early in the recovery game; kudos!
 
Thinking of you and hoping you're doing well. Keep the ice and elevation in mind......I never went through so much ice in my life....lol!!
 
They sent me home with a knee brace type rap with pockets for ice packs and four ice packs for it. Plus I had two ice pack already. Seems to be working out.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
 
@jeffm1955 Love the idea of a "wrap" with pockets for the ice packs. I had the soft brace but had to ice through the small opening over the knee--not very effective. Hope your early recovery continues to go well.
 
Sounds like you are doing really great @jeffm1955 . Be sure to read all of the articles left for you. I had to read some of them several times in the beginning to absorb it all. There is a lot of really great information in there.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom