THR JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your last post deserves "impressive" but no icon to tick for that. It feels so wholesome, the progress and the peace x
 
I, too, have been following your Journey since December when I had my RTHR....you helped me and didn't even know it! Your positive attitude kept me on course with my Journey.

Praying with you that your tooth issue goes away completely with no repercussions whatsoever. Just had to let you know you are such a blessing :flwrysmile:
 
@Bfam85, awwww.... :yahoo:

Isn't that what this is all about??? So many posters who no longer frequent this board helped me through my pre and post op weeks with so many good suggestions, hints, encouragement, etc. I realized early on pre-op that my sweet hubby was going to tire quickly of all my laments but no one here ever did...we all know that anxiousness and uncertainly about THR that newbies experience. It really was a Godsend to have this board, to visit on those sleepless nights, to share victories and defeats, and to just generally be around peeps like you!

Funny thing about this crazy abscessed tooth -- NO PAIN! Yes, that's right...nothing hurts! So, it almost seems pointless to fret over what might be. No wasting time on bad stuff anymore!:tada:
 
@beachgal: you are so right! This site is a godsend and I am so glad I found it, which was totally by accident. It is wonderful to know there are so many of us to commiserate with, sympathize with, encourage each other and just plain be there at all hours of the night and day! I have less than 48 hours now and am so looking forward to it. I have to say, though, my dear sweet husband and I were talking about the shaving legs issue and he said: "don't worry sweetie, if your legs get too out of control, we'll just plant strawberries!" He is so funny! :heehee::rotfl:

I am happy to hear your tooth is at least not hurting you.
 
Your hubby sound like a gem!! Mine couldn't understand why my not-shaved legs were such an issue! He did, however, realize that when I was past ready to have a good shampoo, it was time to kick into action!!

I love strawberries!!!!




Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Best thing is just do as wifff says. H also try to predict her needs. Its called caring for your partner. Sounds like you gals are doing fine.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Just a quick "tooth"update...root canal all finished! Never had any pain with the abscess (thank you, Lord) but was more concerned about the infection so I left the dentist's office today with another script for antibiotics with a refill in case I want to take some on our river cruise. Good idea. Will add that to my packing list. He is confident that all the infection issues have been resolved and that I shouldn't have any problems with this tooth related to hip junk. Fine with me. Off my "worry" list.:yay:

I'm waiting to hear something from @Nana757 after her THR this morning....woke up at 5 a.m. today and she was the first prayer on my lips. Hoping for a uneventful surgery for her and an easy recovery. Heck, that's my hope for all these newbies! You guys with your successes make BS old-timers so proud!!!
:cheers:
 
@Cynthia777 and @beachgal
Well..after a very busy morning, I made it. Here it is 4:30'ish and the only thing I'm feeling is cold, which I think is just nerves and no food. The surgery was a breeze, according to OS..but he did use staples since he found the glue wasn't holding. And I opted for a spinal, rather than general. What a difference. However, I am so tense right now, I'm thinking I'm making things more uncomfortable than they need to be. I'll get with nurse soon. Will post more later,, right now I think I need a nap.....
 
@Nana757, YIPPEE!!! :wowspring:and :welome: to the OTHER SIDE!!! :loveshwr:

Good idea on the nap. Try to relax even though it goes against everything you mentally think, your body will appreciate it. I don't remember being particularly cold but I'm sure I was in the recovery room and yours is probably still lingering from your body waking up and starting to adjust! Don't push things, try to eat a bit even if you're not too hungry but start on your water and make that big, plastic water jug they give you in the hospital your new BFF. Ice, plenty of fluids, especially water, and rest, rest, rest.

YOU DID IT!!!! Let the party, er, ah, I mean, the healing begin!!!
:alarm:

Lots of BSmarty hugs coming your way!!!
 
@Nana757
I AM SOOO HAPPY YOU ARE DONE!!!!! Great, great news!!! You're on your last and final leg of this journey and I bet you couldn't be more relieved! You rest, take care of yourself and update only when you're feeling up to it. :loveshwr:
 
@Nana757, hoping to hear that some of your anxiety is subsiding and THR you are settling in with your new hip! You may start PT today in the hospital so just take it slowly and stay on top of the pain! Yay!! So proud of you!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@beachgal, I am THRILLED and thankful that this "tooth" has past and all is well! Isn't He faithful?!

While I haven't posted at all other than here on your page, I have received so much encouragement for all my little niggles and twinges; it's been my medicine! :console2:

@nana, I am positive you too will be up in no time....congratulations on your new "toy", as I call it :)
 
@Bfam85, so glad to hear from you again and, yes, very thankful that the tooth junk is over! I'm happy it's the weekend but I think I'll be putting in some office time while it's quiet since it's too hot here to be outdoors. Our next trip is just two weeks off so I need to make my days count! :thumb:
 
@Nana757
Woo hoo! You did it! I had to do a search to find your update.. so glad it went well and hope to find more posts soon. :ice:
 
@beachgal -- did you have the Anterior approach? I am wondering about your athletic shorts and the panty underneath? or are they more like shorts under the skirt?
 
Yes! But I thought they were skorts. Hang on. I'll take a pic. I swear by these things.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
[Bonesmart.org] JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom