THR JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy anniversary beginning of your new life day! Isn't it amazing how time flies AFTER SURGERY!

:flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile:

Though I'm still waiting for time to fly after this latest shoulder surgery! :chillpill:

hi beachgal - i just returned from 5 days solo camping up in the Adirondacks - also 2 years post bilateral hips -
there isn't a day that i don't think about how miraculous this is - so glad to hear from you and that you're doing well -

Bonesmart, I'm back! It's been several months since I posted an update but not a day has passed that I didn't think of the many hours I spent scouring this forum and reading words of encouragement. It's a new year, my hip is still rocking along, and we're getting ready for a busy tax season.

We still have our precious dog, Banjo, who will celebrate his 12th birthday in April. I catch myself watching for signs of hip problems and he has slowed down somewhat but still loves to play with his toys at times and loves going to work with us. He is my reminder that I must enjoy and find something miraculous in every day.

David's shoulder has healed remarkably well. I'm so thankful that I let him live instead of putting him out to pasture. For a few months in November, 2015, I was ready to call in the A-Team but he has persevered much better than I thought and has almost complete range of motion from his rotator-cuff surgery. Kudos to him!

So many from my active days on this forum I will probably not hear from as I hope they have moved on to healthy and actives lives....Nana757, Me2, Cynthia777, Bfam85, and all the others....you are still so loved!

Happy New Year from the beautiful Gulf Coast of MS!

What a wonderful surprise, to hear from you @beachgal! I'm so happy to hear that you are doing so well and your dear hubby has fully recovered from his surgery. I, like you, have not been on this site, in what seems like forever. So it is nice to hear from the "old crowd" every now and then. I, too, am back in the full swing of things....golfing, bowling, etc. I do have the occasional bursitis and IT band issue, but it doesn't stop me from doing what I love doing. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year! Here's to a great 2017!!!!

Happy New Year to you as well @beachgal ! So glad you are doing well! Thanks for checking in.

Hi @beachgal ! Great to hear from you! I am 7 weeks out from my 2nd THR. A lot easier this time around because I knew the drill. Take care.

Well, hello there and Happy 2017! So good to hear from you again; I have such wonderful memories of coming here and getting all my fears answered from experienced friends such as yourself.

Glad to hear that you are rocking that hip and enjoying the miraculous in each day. We can get so caught up in the urgent matters of life that we can forget what it's all about.

I miss some of the oldies as well, but so happy to "see" you again :)

I just passed my 2 year anniversary in December and I'm so happy with my results too.

Tax season will be a breeze with that new hip of yours....and no pain!

All the best. XOX :loveshwr:

@beachgal it was so good to hear from you and that you are doing so well! I so miss the camaraderie here at BoneSmart and too wonder about our many friends. I miss the help laughing at life and encouragement that we can do this as others are.

My bionic parts are all doing very well, but I am still working on what I've called back issues but am still hoping are a hip perhaps bursitis issue. I've finished up PT on both shoulders and back, but I have seriously slacked in keeping up exercises and stretches at home since Christmas brought me a lovely toothache resulting in a pulled tooth and rootcanal and then my sweet 90 year old Mom had a fall and stroke. We have been so lucky to have her with us and as healthy as a horse. Actually one of my frustrations with my body is that her and my Dad in their 90's moved about so much better than me in my 50s. We are so not sure what to expect recovery wise for her and its so heartbreaking but yet some how heartwarming to share this time with her and my family.

So, I'll get back to my own health after. I'm hopeful that getting back to doing the exercises will get me back as both shoulders and back have become quite achy with the hospital routine.

Me2, oh, gosh...I'm SO sorry about your dental problems and then your Mom's health issues to boot...what a mishmash of a holiday, eh? I was dealing with my hip aches when my Mom went into hospice and, honestly, it was just the worst of times. However, once I made peace with her aging and the realization that she would not live forever, I was able to concentrate on enjoying her - one day at a time. Some days were better than others, as is the case with life in general, so in a way, the journey to her eventual passing taught me a lot of lessons that I had to practice in preparation for that hip surgery. We never know why things happen as they do...perhaps your health issues and the patience it's brought will enable you to process your parents' aging and find peace in each day.

I've had a bunch of dental **** pop up, too! I cruised along for ten years with nary a cavity and in the past year, I've had three root canals and am in the middle of a dental implant! What's with that??? No pain, though, which is a blessing. I hope yours is just history now!

I found a cute little article about "13 uses for an iron skillet" and thought of you over the holidays. May have been what prompted me to check in again...and knocking someone in the head was not on the list...however, it was indicated as a "when all else fails" technique!

I'll try to check in here more every week or so, so please keep posting. Hips aren't the only reason we need support!

Hugs,
Jennifer

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties