THR JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Derby weekend has begun! Arrived earlier today to this at the Louisville airport!!
[Bonesmart.org] JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I've just had fun catching up with 3 pages of your posts @beachgal! You made Paris, you got through tax season, and now the Derby, and later a river cruise. You have your life back in spades!

All is well here too. Hip great, walking miles and miles, and back to my old weights in Body Pump. We will be barreling through your area next Saturday, trying to make it from St Pete to Baton Rouge before quitting for the day, as we head back to our San Antonio home after 6 mos here. Looking forward to the house and neighbors, but man...our hearts are here and it's so hard to leave.

Life goes on for us all, and SO much better than it was last year at this time. The wonders of modern medicine! Glad to see you doing so well. Keep on keeping on! It's so nice to see familiar faces here still!
 
[Bonesmart.org] JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!


Nine months and a week. It CAN be done!! Unspeakable joy!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Next big event--a week at the beach with hubby and his daughter. Looking forward to being "sore" from walking in the sand and exercising in the pools! Ordered two new cute swimsuits today. Neither has a skirt! My nephew says scars are sexy.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Just stopping by to check on the newbies and some of us who aren't so new but still continue to lurk around this forum, hoping that we can encourage and help with some of the stresses we have all shared. Looks like most of the recent THRs are going well, making steady recoveries, and have a great outlook! Attitude is not everything but it's way ahead of what's in 2nd place...hang in there, newbies! You'll be up and at 'em again in no time! :yes!:
 
Next is my 45th high school class reunion. I've been working with the planning committee for this event for almost 20 months. Excited to see everyone! June 27th.

This process has uncovered classmates who have died, are seriously ill, have addiction problems, family crises. The gamut. How grateful I am to be able to lend a listening ear to those who need to vent and try to comfort those who seemingly can find no peace. My honor.

My THR last July seems like old news when I talk with each classmate. And the biggest surprise of all is that I forget to celebrate each month on the 25th.

Yes, it was hard. It took time and patience. Lots of speed bumps but lots of miracles, too. Still so thankful for my life-changing surgery. And for each of you!❤️


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Three more days until our class reunion. Last year this time I was ordering comfy clothes and potty chairs and now I'm deciding which heels to wear! What a difference a year makes.

Don't wait. Claim your life. Too many fun times waiting for your participation!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Class reunion (45th) was a huge success! We had a large number of classmates return and renew friendships, some of which I hadn't seen since graduation. It was like old times but without all the drama and pretense. Loveliest of days, one for the memory bank, no doubt!

I'm mostly off anything for "pain". Occasionally I'll take Advil but mostly I just try to stretch out often and walk. The summers on the gulf coast are so hot, we're getting to the months of hibernation. It makes it more difficult to get my miles in every couple of days but I head to the gym and use the treadmill. I'm going back to my yoga class next week, hoping to find an outlet for stress at work and flexibility again. Slow and steady.

Six weeks off is our Viking river cruise from Budapest to Amsterdam. This is the trip I've been working up to with all my other little jaunts here and there. Testing the waters with how far I can walk, how's my endurance and stamina, what meds or other aids will I need to handle it. I think I'm ready. Our eight days in Paris gave me confidence in overseas flights, wet cobblestones, buses and subways, and museum steps. The KY Derby assured me I could handle two very long days of activities with huge crowds. So, we'll see!

I'm so happy to have my life back! I didn't realize how small my world had become. Age will take care of slowing me down but it won't be my hip!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@beachgal I hope you will come back and report on your river cruise! We are planning on doing the exact same trip on Viking in 2017, but plan on starting in Amsterdam and ending in Budapest. We have done many ocean cruises, but never a river cruise. Everyone says they are wonderful. Glad to hear you are doing well!
 
I'll keep posting! Trying to get a handle on how to prepare as we have done a lot of cruises but never one on a river. Looking forward to the trip and seeing our MN travel buddies again. Lots to talk about!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@beachgal I always read your thread with such delight! Paris, Kentucky Derby, Class Reunion and now... a Viking River Cruise. My absolute dream trip would be one of the Viking River Cruises. I've talked to people who have taken these cruises and it was raves all around. Bet you'll have a fabulous time! I think you are so wise to have done a sort of new-hip-test- run with your other trips. Please,please,please send every last detail on the cruise because this one may be my long term goal for the two new hips I now have (RTHT January 27 2015 and LTHR June 9, 2015).
 
The Vikings are comming, quick raise the alarm

Legin THR Sep 14
 
A friend had RTHR Monday, anterior, which I did not have but am very familiar with, thanks to all of you. She came home yesterday but has not had as easy a time this far as I did. I've pointed her to this forum to read and read and read. When I saw her earlier this week, she had not been icing at all. I freaked out! I brought her all my ice packs, so hopefully she's getting some relief. We all know how yucky the first week is but it's better when you're prepared and know what to expect.

I just got back from a long walk with Banjo. Hubby has been fishing in the Gulf since Thursday and is not due to be home until tomorrow. Just occurred to me that this is the longest I've been in charge of the dog's care and I've had zero problems. I used to be a little anxious when going on long walks, mostly for other dogs we may encounter. Now, it's better. So thankful.
[Bonesmart.org] JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@beachgal what a beautiful loving face he has. Dogs make the world a better place. So glad you are doing well.
 
@beachgal Even with my nursing background, I was not prepared for the aftermath of my surgery!:unsure: I didn't find this forum until a week after (and didn't join up for another ten days). I hope your friend is reading - my "knee" friend isn't but you can lead a horse to water...

The river cruise sounds fascinating. No way would you get me on an ocean cruise - I mean, after all, you could fall overboard and drown. But on a river you could probably swim to shore :swim:. Of course, you have to fly there first and that has its own issues. (I'll go anywhere if its on horseback or in my truck.):fasthorse:
 
@DesertHorses, we've been on many ocean cruises, we'll never crossed the Atlantic, but Alaska, several in the Caribbean, Italy, Greece, the Baltic/Russia, but this will be our first river cruise. I have some motion sickness issues occasionally but take Bonine while we cruise so it keeps it at bay. We love it! After my THR, I was concerned about a host of travel issues but I've eliminated most of them over the past six months. The river cruise is two weeks long but quiet waters and lovely scenery. Looking forward to seeing a region unfamiliar to me.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom