THR JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes! You can return them to your local Walmart if they don't fit. Here's hoping that y'all love them as I do!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@CricketHip, I LOL-ed when I read your latest "stylish garters for TEDs" idea :rofsign:

I had a direct anterior and it was great! Like Beachgal has said, looking back on my recovery, which started 12/8/14, I have very sweet memories of that time. I was out of commission for a while, but each day my strength and confidence was returning. It's very hard to put into words, but I do get emotional when I think how this surgery changed my life.

I walked down the aisle of my son's wedding last August 16th and I tried so very very hard not to limp; I limped and was in pain the whole evening. It just makes all my future big events that much more exciting, because I don't limp anymore!!!!!

Looking forward to hearing about your recovery in real time :)
 
Hi @Bfam85
Oh, how I know about the trying not to limp part. :( And worrying about keeping up and having fun with the grandkids at the shore 2 weeks ago.
I get so excited when I read a post like yours, Bfam.. it gives me such hope. :yes:
 
Hi @beachgal I am really sorry I missed your message. Think my alerts were having a stressy. Thank you sòoo much for your offer of sending me some. :roseshwr:

Well, I had another look on walmart and they still keep saying they only have xs. But I have a uk size 12 bottom due to it disapearing from sitting on it a lot. Is that a large in the US?

You will need to give me your bank details though, on PM.

I think your holiday sounds really brilliant. I want to do that too.

I am also making a concerted effort to not stress about sleep, trouble us, I cant sleep in the day either. Maybe I just need less sleep at the moment?

Xoxo
 
@Suzette, UGH!!! I think you would need a US size "Medium" but I'm only seeing the XS on their website, too! Let me do a bit more checking...Guess we've created a "run" on these skorts here on BS!
 
I went to Walmart yesterday to see if perhaps they had some. Nope. Walmart had rows and rows of short shorts.....really???? This girl is not going to sport ANY Daisy Dukes in this lifetime. I went to the boys dept to look at basketball shorts, they looked more like my style. :happyfeet:
 
@Suzette, if you'll go to www.llbean.com and search for "womens fitness skort", you'll find the other ones that I bought. They are more expensive but I like these, too. I actually had a pair of these before I found the ones on Walmart.com. I bought a larger size from Walmart, thinking that if I had any swelling, it would be comfy, but I think you'd be happy with the ones from L. L. Bean, too, if all else fails. I think they have some in printed fabric, too. See what you think!

@donor, yes, no Daisy Dukes for me, either...Nike makes a loose-fitting running short that might work. I think they are in a nylon-type fabric. I just liked the skirt part of the Walmart ones.
 
I went to the men's dept and bought just regular tie waisted shorts. They are long enough (to the knee..and I'm tall) and baggy enough to allow for swelling. But be careful ... Don't get the ones that have a fly, which I almost did. My honey caught that mistake. :heehee:
 
Hi @beachgal thank you so much for your research. I will take a look and see whats out there, and as II seem to have acquired....In the last week....larger inner thighs. My mom said it's because I eat too much cheese. I have to admit, I do have a naff appetite since the op, so I eat cheese sandwiches when I make my self eat. That's, why , she said, my inner thighs have got larger. So skorts will be the way to go :snork:
@donor I also do not do daisy shorts.....:dubious:
 
Hey Suzette, I ordered a couple pairs in two sizes. I very well may have a pair or two that I can send on to you if you'd like them. I think they are to arrive by Thursday or Friday of this week. :) But the choice will probably be a large. Which, if you go by their size chart, is included in the large. (12-14) I think it would be fun to mail them off to the UK!!!!
 
Hi @beachgal and @CricketHip than's for the Web link and the offer of sending some over. That is lovely x I have been looking on UK sites and they are VERY short. So I may pop into a sports shop and take a proper look, and if I can't find any suitable length ones, I may well take you up on your offer , ooh and I do like that website too.

Will let you know how I get on, as I now need some !! Xx
 
We've been "talking" a bit about the travel card my OS gave me and I thought I'd post a follow-up. Hubby and I pre-applied for TSA Pre-check online last week. It was on my "to do" list after THR but I dropped the ball. After we filled out the applications, we scheduled a "meeting" at an office locally here where they confirmed our entered info and took our fingerprints. All this was done by a contracted office who does things like drug tests, DNA tests, and the like. Our fingerprints were taken on a scanner and we were told that the TSA would be in touch with us in about 45 days. They said we could check the status online using a link they provided on our receipt for the $85 pp fee charged for this service. This is good for 5 years. While I was there, I asked the gal if it mattered that I had a THR and she said "no". She said that they may randomly choose to scan me at an airport, that the TSA Pre-check status would not affect that at all, but that it would speed things up in the line for security as we won't have to remove our shoes, etc. So, there you go.
 
Just stopping by to send some love your way. Thanks for painting a beautiful picture of your one year rebirth. I hope to join you there next June!


RTHR, posterior, 15JUN2015
 
Hi @beachgal
I love the TSA Pre-check!! The information was very helpful..
So, the skorts arrived! One problem I have, though, is that I ordered L and XL and received no L's only XL and XXL!! So, I don't think I can help you out with any of my order, @Suzette.. but! I will keep at least one pair of the XL's for the same reason Beachgal did. I looked online and they seemed to have restocked, so I will try again for the larges. they are super soft and so comfortable and worth the inconvenience of re ordering.
 
:hi:Hello again @beachgal ... today is my month 8 anniversary....I am still recovering....still have some aches and muscle pains, especially when I do physical activity, but other than that, I am super! I'm right behind you in this amazing "THR" adventure....I recommend it to everyone who asks. When I see someone limping, I want to run over to them and tell them my story and how it changed my life (no exaggeration)...

I must ask you though, since no one else has all these months.....what is the first best thing you ever did?? :cool:
 
First of all, @Bfam85, :wowspring:what a great day to celebrate eight months!!! :yes!::happydance::yay::dancy:

and after over a year of posting, the BEST thing I ever did:

Marry this guy!!! :giggle: 21 years ago and I'm still crazy about him!!! :roseshwr:

[Bonesmart.org] JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!
 
What a gorgeous couple you two make indeed! Marriage doubles our joys and divides our sorrows and it shows on both of your beautiful faces! Have a wonderful Sunday!
 
@Bfam85, pic was a long time ago but the love is even stronger now! That was a happy day...much like my THR day when I woke up to zero pain!

Packing some today for our river cruise. We leave next Friday. Excited.



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
So excited for you! Every time I go away, even for one night, I marvel at how I'm not in debilitating pain anymore. It was the total opposite before my THR....it was all about the pain and how I could never enjoy anything completely because it was just there.

Be sure to post pics!

To all who are considering or just had their surgeries, it is so worth it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom