THR JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm back at our little home in the Jackson area for a reunion planning meeting later this morning. I came alone since its a busy time around the office and DB needed to work. There was still bits of ice in the flower beds and around trees, evidence that even our little southern city has endured a hard, cold winter. It's my first time here in two months but I still feel like the walls are hugging me and welcoming me back to my "safe place". Even now, sitting in my recovery recliner, it's comforting.

I had dinner with two of my sisters last night and will finally meet my new grand-niece this afternoon. Lucy was born right after we left in January, the product of much prayer and many fertility treatments over the past ten years. We can still hardly believe she's here. God is still in the "miracle" business.

Speaking of miracles, my hip is doing great! I've begun to see some improvement in my flexibility and have started pushing it a bit with deeper stretches and longer hold times. I have some muscle soreness but mostly as a result of increased exercise. It feels pretty good, actually.

I've gone without Tylenol a few days, but not in succession. I'd love to be rid of taking them morning and night but it's still too soon to try it. I don't need them as the day wears on but feel they help my body recover somewhat while I sleep and with the stiffness first thing in the morning.

I'm watching the sun rise as I type on this cold morning, remembering the many mornings last August when I did the same thing after sleepless nights. How happy I was when I could get comfortable in bed and finally started sleeping all night. It took about two weeks for me to work it out. A distant memory but all to familiar in this chair, in this place.

Hope all my BS buddies are doing well. Spring is just around the corner and lovely warm weather will allow us to be outside again with more energy and no hip pain!! Talk about a miracle....



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
What a lovely update @beachgal ! So pleased you are enjoying life and new beginnings all around with your ?THR and baby Lucy :)
 
[Bonesmart.org] JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!


Baby Lucy!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
The monsoon has passed and we're enjoyed some wine on the beach with sweet BJ who delights in all things flying! Hip rocking! So happy to be 180 degrees away from last year this time! Almost 8 pain-free months, the best of my life!!

Sending you all some last sun rays from the Gulf Coast where life is good!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
So glad you're enjoying life @beachgal ... it's what it's all about. We're having nice weather too; it's been hot but a cyclone has come down from the north coast (breaking down as it travels across land, thankfullu!!) and it's cooler today - we even got some rain out of the cyclone remnants so all good.

Here's to a continued pain-free future :cheers2:

Donna
 
Hi @beachgal You have "wine on the beach" we have "misty, cold in the hills" ! all on the same planet. Still could be a lot worse!
 
Have spent many a time in sea with wine bottle bobbing as it stays cool. Not in North sea I might add

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Working like mad this tax season but so thankful that it's not last year...I was already crawling around the office with the aid of my cane! Now, I'm pain-free and hopping up from my desk and grabbing files with the best of 'em!
At the end of the day, though, I'm whipped. I know I'm not 100% yet but inching closer each day. This is a hard time of year on so many levels! It's a challenge to continue to eat healthy when we're home later and no energy. Finding time to take care of myself with exercise and walking is also difficult. I'm sleeping much better, without any sleep meds and hubby's CPAP machine has made a world of difference in his sleep/energy/attitude so we're moving in the right direction.

:horseriding: Bought a hat for the KY Derby yesterday now that I have the dress! Working on second outfit for the KY Oaks, and enjoying the thought of participating in a festive weekend at the races! 45 more days...

It's still the 2nd best thing I ever did. Hands down. I love my hip! Well, both of them now!!
 
@beach gal, hey there! Sounds like you are busy getting on with life (that's our goal after all). We all look back to a year ago and compare. Hands down, now is better! We're getting ready for our annual camping trip with Grandkids during spring break. Last year I sat. This year I plan on keeping up with the best of them! It's so wonderful when the reasons we had this surgery come to fruition!

Like you, I'm not 100%. Still have struggles and a few aches and pains but nothing in comparison. At 6 months still have room for improvement, but feel those improvements little by little.

Hope you survive tax season and can relax a little when it's over. But busy is good I think. Sometimes wish I had a little more "busy" but I can work on that. Glad things are going well for you and your hubby. Keep up the progress!

Rhonda


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Off early on a Friday afternoon and hoping all my BS buddies are doing well. It's going to be a glorious spring!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
So glad you are enjoying that pain free post THR life @beachgal ! Spring will indeed be glorious!
 
Stopping by this beautiful Easter Sunday afternoon to wish all my BS buddies a happy and holy day! Work is all-consuming now until 4/15 but we're relaxing this afternoon and taking it easy. Hip doing great, so much better than last year this time.

Our Banjo is 10 today and being spoiled with extra treats and outside time.

My two hats have arrived as part of my KY Derby outfits and we are looking forward to a fun weekend in Louisville at the end of the month.

Love you all, my friends, and hope for pain-free days ahead for us!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
We made it past April 15th and I'm so very tired but no hip pain like last year. Planning to relax and rest this weekend which fits nicely into the monsoon rains we've experienced along the Gulf Coast.

An old high-school friend has been in the ortho unit where I had my THR for about two weeks now. She had her left leg amputated as a result of diabetes and blood clots. I also learned that she had her gall bladder removed last week, too. I've promised to visit her next week when I take off a couple of days to check on our home in the Jackson area. Her distressing news gave me pause as I fretted so over my hip surgery. Puts things in perspective. She has a wonderfully optimistic outlook and is determined to join us at our class reunion in June. I will hand-deliver her invitation!

I wanted to share this with all my BS buddies and those who may be contemplating surgery to encourage us all to make each day count! Even the rainy ones.....

Love to you all!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Nine months post-THR for me today! I've spent a little time over the past week reading some new hippies' accounts of their surgeries and post-op recoveries and the memories of mine come flooding back. Such uncertainties back then. Every little twitch and tingle gave me pause. Now I know that my body was accommodating this new joint! I think we've managed a way to peacefully and joyously co-exist!

I still am thankful every day for the miracle of this surgery. It has allowed me to reclaim my life and be a participant, not just a spectator. As with anything, I have some limitations but they are so minor and would probably come eventually with age.

We're packing up for the Kentucky Derby weekend and are looking forward to a fun time with one of my nephews and his wife! Loved that they thought we'd be fun to share the experience! Hats ready, dresses steamed, comfy shoes for walking miles, and fav horses chosen. Best gamble of all was all my faith in this new hip! Hands down.

Love you all!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I was just saying to my husband that I will not be home to watch the Kentucky Derby with him. I will be in a rehab center after getting my new left hip! I just love watching all the background stories about the horses, trainers and owners.

Last August I missed our trip to Saratoga Springs because of my hip and heart. I missed it!

Enjoy every second of the Derby!!
 
@webbie73, if you have Internet access, I think there will be live-streaming. You may be able to see more than you think! I'll place a bet on your choice of horses if you'll cue me in! We love watching all about the Triple Crown races, never dreaming we'd be going one day!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom