THR JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahem. Attention, please!

My ortho doc has released me until November. 9, 2015! He said today's X-ray of my new hip was simply perfect and he was very pleased with my recovery. Then I burst his bubble by telling him that I appreciated his surgical techniques on my behalf but that the credit for my amazing recovery goes to my Bonesmart buddies!! He nodded, smiled, and gave me a big "thumbs up"!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Who hoo! Great news. What a different year 2015 will be starting with France...what a great trip that'll be now!

RTHR May 27th 2014
 
Hi @beachgal - Your OS is a hero!! he's created a 'new' you!! now go out and take life by the cojones!! ENJOY!!!
 
I didn't realize how much work around the office had piled up until we returned home Monday afternoon. I still can't find the top of my desk and I'm frantic since tax season is looming! I really want to stop and enjoy the holidays this year without pain or work interfering! I've come in an hour earlier than normal to work on this pile of paperwork and it's helping....may have to put in time this weekend...I'm just determined to salvage the rest of the year!:yahoo:

I'm seeing more and more friends and clients who are simply amazed that I'm no longer limping. They don't have any idea that I've had THR and when I tell them, jaws drop! I love that look!! Frankly, though, and we can be frank here since I've shared my BM and sex stories with you all...I still hurt sometimes. :tantrum2:
Not often. Not every day. But I know there is still some healing happening deep in my hip socket. No doubt. I'm taking two Tylenol once a day, either first thing in the morning or right before bedtime. Once I get moving, no need for it.

So, we bought tickets to the Kentucky Derby yesterday and booked our flights. We've had hotel rooms booked for a while so I guess all I need to do now is buy a hat! Nephew and his wife are going with us, they are so excited, it should be a fun weekend. I've never been to KY! :egypdance:
 
Hi @beachgal - Sometimes when i'm sitting a certain way or get out of the car a certain way, i get a sharp pain in my hip bone area...almost at the top of the incision, but inside. I don't know what it is and doesn't happen a lot, so i am still probably healing as well. Also, since starting back at work, my lower back sometimes bothers me, but not too much. I am so grateful to my OS...i feel wonderful and can finally WALK without pain. I feel like i'm living a miracle (sounds crazy to most except for BS friends)!! gotta run to PT now!
 
Oh, the Kentucky Derby! I wonder what kind of hat you will sport?
I love to watch this on TV, and I have been to the track before, but never for that event.
Nice reward..... :yay: I can see you holding a silver cup with Mint Julep, with a wonderful hat. :yes!:
 
:angel:

Just checking in with BS here, it seems that my days are getting busier as we get closer to Thanksgiving week. I would be remiss, however, if I didn't take a minute to post here, for all my BS buddies and those who don't "know" me, that this year, I am the MOST thankful for my new hip and my new friends on this forum. I clearly wouldn't have made it to this point in 2014 without either!

I spent all day Sunday doing some cooking/baking for Thanksgiving which we will spend at our home in the Jackson area. As small as it is, everyone loves to gather there for the holidays so we'll be hosting about 25 people this year! Most of my dishes are in the freezer and one of my sisters will pick up our turkeys and hams, the others will fill in with desserts, appetizers, and such. We usually have it "open house" style so everyone can spend parts of the day with other family members. Without fail, though, they always end up with us! With football on TV, a fire in the pit, iced-down beer & wine, and plenty of good eats, no wonder!! :happydance:

So, for all of you who encouraged me along the way, who were my cheerleaders, who provided the BEST advice possible, who got me ready for surgery weeks beforehand, and walked with me through the fire, if you never, ever do another kind and good thing in your life, what you did for me is enough. I am thankful.

:loveshwr:
 
Hi @beachgal - Thanksgiving at your place sounds wonderful!!! I'm sure this year, you'll be full of energy!! I sure am, i feel i got a new life lease!! I've been running around and doing all sorts of household stuff, also getting ready for the holidays...and i'm not that exhausted or dare i say, cursing under my breath from the arthritic pain or lack of ROM...I still can't believe it!!!
 
PS - I'm especially thrilled about going clothes shopping and having same leg length...I can CONFIDENTLY wear dresses again!!!! It's crazy things like this in life that only BS friends can relate to!!!
 
I went to my dermatologist today for a full body scan. I've seen her here and there for little things but after my horribly - dry legs after wearing those TEDS, I had plenty of time to examine a few places that I wanted checked out. One was pre-cancerous but minuscule. A few others just needed zapping. When she saw my scar, she asked when I had surgery. I told her it was 7/25. She said, "last year?" I said, "No, just four months ago,". Her jaw dropped! Said it looked really good. Vitamin E oil, folks, I'm telling you. :-)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thanksgiving Day was a big success and I've already begun decorating our Jackson home for Christmas. I'll be back and forth from the coast several times during the holidays and thought it would be nice to have the tree up and wreath on the door.

No hip pain at all. Zero. Nada. This home still humbles me as I recall every day of my recovery in this blessed place. I found my two pairs of compression stockings while searching for some heavier socks and had to grip the dresser. Makes me weak in the knees to see these reminders of what the last four months have brought. Just thankful.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
[Bonesmart.org] JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!


From my family to yours. With love.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@beachgal......beautiful family (Banjo right in front and center Lol). Tis the season to count our blessings and contemplate all we are grateful for. All of us here know what that is!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Just checking with everyone before the busyness of Christmas week is upon us. I can't believe it's been almost five months since my THR.

It seems that I notice a little more normalcy every day now. Jumping in and out of the car without much caution. Carrying heavier loads up the stairs into our home. Actually put up our tree and decorated it without help but with lots of eyeballing. 9.5ft tree so ladder was involved. Long, active days and hard sleeping at night. Like my old self. Except I'll never be the same again. My heart is so full of gratitude for this surgery, my OS , this forum, and the opportunities for a life without pain affords. I'm starting to gather clothes for Paris. We'll be there in six weeks!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
All this normalcy is just so wonderfully normal. It is two months today since second, and over eight months since my first. And, I still marvel at being "like my old self" but, usually, so much better because of THIS.

My heart is so full of gratitude for this surgery, my OS , this forum, and the opportunities for a life without pain affords.
and "especially friends welding cast iron skillets!"

:merry christmas:​
 
@beachgal so happy you are doing well and feeling normal. It is amazing that Christmas is here and you will be walking the streets of Paris soon. :merryx:

Kristina
 
@beachgal..........Me too!!!!! All of us here share a special bond that only we can understand......where we've been, what we went through, and where we are now. The gamut of emotions. The fears, anxieties, hopes, and finally the complete joy of knowing we did it! And wound our way to the ultimate goal of having our normal lives back, pain free and ready to live again. The relief I feel at this point is indescribable. I have to admit I was fearful and worried so often, that I would never walk pain free. Mostly because of the length of time it was taking, and the feeling I wasn't progressing anywhere near as fast as some here. But my miracle happened and now it feels sooo wonderful to walk with no pain. (Normal feels so good).
Hope you have a fantastic Christmas! Like you, I feel we've been given the best gift possible. It will be surly be the best Christmas ever for me.



Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Great update @beachgal - ah Paree.... One of our favorite cities - have fun and take lots of photos for us. Love your family photo, which one is you? xx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom