Guest viewing is limited

THR JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:realing: @beachgal Glad you are having such a good time. Even all the visiting and fresh air is plenty to tire you out I am sure. I hope the guys bring home some fish for supper :)
 
[Bonesmart.org] JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!


Noah's first fish from offshore. He won his category at the Destin Fishing Tourney - the prize was a new rod and reel!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@beachgal Nice pic of the sunset and Noah's first fish. Is that a bonita?
You are so lucky to be there, hope Watercolor is a fun time for the whole fam.....
You are doing great!!!
 
We are home from our family beach trip, hubby and dog happy to be back in familiar turf, and I'm still wondering where the time went...so many wonderful memories added to my mental library, beautiful scenery and weather, lovely evenings spent with good conversations, great football games, and plenty of good food and drink. My hip did pretty well. I was able to navigate the lounge chairs at the pool and walk a bit in the sand but the beach chairs there were just too iffy, so I passed. I walked more than usual and took a few more doses of Tylenol than normal but it's the price I'm paying for being able to join them. I will take it easy for the next few days and try to get back into a more realistic activity level and icing my hip more. It's time for my exercise routine to get back at the top of my priority list and let some of the other nonsense wait....

I'm tired and my leg/hip hurts but I wouldn't have missed it. :cool:
 
@beachgal So happy for you that you had a good time. I wouldn't have missed it for the world either but my invite did not include the address!!!!! You know the drill, Rest, rest, ice and rest!!
 
I think it was the bed we slept in at the beach house....it was much softer than our very firm mattress at home. I slept hard all night, took Tylenol before bedtime, and just a very little bit of pain in leg this morning. Thankful.

Of course, I'd rather be at the beach...:heehee:
 
Hi @beachgal...The trip sounded fabulous. Oh to have sun and heat. Autumn has arrived in Ireland and our Indian summer has passed!
I am now fully convinced the bed you sleep affects your body the next day! It isn't just me looking for an excuse to do up my bedroom!

I hope today was a good day...

RTHR May 27th 2014
 
Today was a better day for hip/leg pain. I slept hard again last night in our firm, familiar bed so I started off the day rested. I'm losing my pillow between my knees during the night now as I get back into my old sleep positions. I'm sure some of my discomfort is from that, too, but I'll trade a little ache for that wonderful deep sleep. I've taken two doses of Tylenol today and feel better in late afternoon than the past few days.

We have another deadline at work on 10/15 so I'm pushing a bit to get work done. I've got the date marked on my calendar for @Me2 since she gets her 2nd hip done that day. My priorities have changed so much since my surgery. Work is not controlling my actions anymore. :-)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
A couple of quick updates...my hip is better but still sore this morning so I've restarted my original PT exercises just as if I'd just gotten home from hospital. I think it's helping. I spent the morning in the eye doctor's office for just an annual check-up and there has been zero change in my vision/eyes since last year. Even after I told her about my new hip, she couldn't find a thing wrong with my eyes...:what: Haha

I've scheduled a massage this afternoon with my massage therapist that I was seeing in the spring for my hip pain. She was wonderful and tried everything known to man to help me out but, of course, I know now that it wasn't something she could "massage" away. We've kept in touch through these past months so it will be nice to see her again. This is sort of a big deal for me because I've always enjoyed massages but I'm feeling a little apprehensive about it now but I'm going to let her know my concerns and I'm sure she will handle me carefully. :ok:
 
Haha, always makes us happy to hear when any of our body parts are A OK!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Well, most of my body is now as good as my eyes. What a massage. Ninety minutes of pure bliss. Warm blankets, soft music, and a knowledgeable masseuse who remembers me pre op and cried when she saw me today. Night, y'all.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
It's a quiet Saturday morning at home with both boys still sleeping. I've had coffee and watered my plants. A bit weepy remembering how many days I was away from home with recovery and so thankful to be along this far. My progress seems slower now but I'm still moving forward. Just not so noticeable.

A guy in our neighborhood stopped by our office yesterday to check on me. I haven't seen him since pre op and he said, "you got your hip done, right??" I said "yep". He said, " well, you look so much younger! You sure you didn't sneak off for a facelift ??""
Cracked me up.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@beachgal I feel like I have lost a little bit of my life really ~ I was thinking about going out to see my Alberta kids before Christmas but it would be too much for them and me. I am normally a very spontaneous person and if the budget allows, I want it yesterday. Sigh..... next year!
 
@Carriemay60, I feel that way, too. I try not to dwell on the past days of pain and how much time I spent dealing with it but it changed me as a person. I felt as though I had lost some of my sparkle. Now I'm trying to get it back!

I walked a mile on the treadmill at the gym yesterday afternoon. I also rode the stationary bike. I've resumed my PT exercises a few times each day and my hip feels so much better. I was 11 weeks post op Friday so I really should be able to do this daily now. My job keeps me seated so much, I'm trying to figure out how to divide up my day where I'm moving more.




Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom