THR JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@beachgal Sounds like you have had a very nice, but busy day. Wishing you the best for your appointment tomorrow and the drive home. I will look forward to hearing an update once you get settled in there :)
 
A hidden quart of shrimp and crab gumbo with rice and hot bread for a late supper and ice cream waiting. My sisters have called and visited with tears from happiness that I can finally go home and sadness that I'm leaving. Mixed bag of apples. Life is twists and turns that break the 90 degree rule. I'm ready.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I passed my six-week check-up with flying colors. I was able to see my new hip on the X-ray and am still just stunned. It is astounding to see this foreign object perfectly placed to match my right hip and I'm so humbled that the "fix" to my pain was this easy. Not that the process is easy but that it CAN be fixed. I could tell my OS was proud of my progress. He wanted to see my incision and called in an intern to show her the way he tied off each end.

I went in with questions and he did his best to answer me. Six more weeks with restrictions but he wants me to cautiously test my limitations over these six weeks. No more prescribed PT but he advised water therapy and stationary bike at the gym along with continuing the other exercises I have been doing in PT.
I asked him about sex and he gave me some dumb brochure with two old people showing safe positions. I laughed out loud. I told him that they needed a more updated pamphlet if that was his idea of safe sex!! Anyway, I've been cleared to do what doesn't hurt. Haha. I also got my travel card. I go back in six more weeks.

After my OS appt, we relocated back home where the air smells a bit salty and there are boats on the horizon. I cried when I drove over the last little bridge that connects us to the bay. It's amazing that it almost feels like I've never left.

However. I did. We stopped by our home to put away refrigerator items and unpack a bit. Hubby ran to the post office to retrieve our mail for home and office while I basically reacquainted myself with my closet. Then we headed to the office and it was after 3 pm. I no sooner unlocked the front door when a client drove up with plenty of work to keep me busy for a while! Seriously, I hardly had turned on the lights! We had a nice visit and after she left I started going through three boxes of mail. Yuck.

I am uncomfortable in my office chair but my computer chair is better. The "up and down" of working at a desk/computer is going to be the hardest for me since I tend to do it a lot. I was only there for a couple of hours but my leg/hip is sore. Icing right now.

We abandoned our idea of supper beachside when the rain started around 4 pm. Just as well. I had some leftover roast and rice so plenty for hubby's supper and cereal for me.

All in all, it has been a glorious day. I feel like I've embarked on another adventure. Our home is larger than the one in the Jackson area so I'm walking more just to get from the bedroom to the kitchen. And the stairs. There are ten to climb so unloading the cars has been delegated to hubby My housekeeper had everything sparkling and all the sheets changed and clothes washed. Good thing. My tank is empty tonight. I wish you all a good night.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@beachgal Sounds like a perfect day indeed! Well done making your OS so happy. I am sure you loved to sleep in your own bed last night and just hang in your house. You will soon feel like a new person. Don't push your luck with work and getting yourself uncomfortable. Have a happy day! :)
 
Hi @beachgal - Great recovery update!! Sounds like you're getting back to 'normal' life (sex included, lol)...that pamphlet story made me laugh...that's the 1st thing, my husband said to me was that we could have sex right away!! these guys!! It's so nice to come home to a clean house. Well, don't over-do it and keep up the great recovery!!! Also, what's a travel card?
 
Glad all went went well at your appointment @beachgal & glad you are home safe & sound.....don't go overdoing it now!! X


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
A little after 1 p.m. and I was at work before 9 a.m. and I'm done. Whew....
 
Enjoy the afternoon and rest up in your home. I'm so glad OS visit went so well..

RTHR May 27th 2014
 
@toohip, the OS will give you a card verifying your hip replacement for when you travel. They still scan you but it helps with other security issues from what I hear.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@beachgal 4 hours on your 1st day back is pretty darn good! Did you find your chair more comfortable today or? I hope you have no aches and pains once you have rested a bit.
 
Tough day. Tired. Emotional. Overloaded with work. I quit. Haha


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@beachgal You also had a pretty big day yesterday so maybe you need a day to rest before tackling work. Also I wonder if two hours a day might be a place to start? I'm sorry it was a tough day for you; I hope you sleep well!
 
Two hours into the day and I'm feeling much better. Taking a bit of a break with ice pack and a lay-down. I'm getting a mani/pedi at 1 p.m. today with my usual gal so looking forward to visiting with her. I may not even come back to the office afterwards. Deadlines looming for 9/15/14 but manageable. It's amazing how much better I feel with a good night's sleep. That was the hardest issue to resolve after surgery and continues to plague us all from time to time. Wish I knew the miracle cure for that....
 
I hear you... I' ve been waking up at 5.30 when I could sleep for two more hours... I end up feeling withered by the end of the day.

Enjoy the pedi and mani...hope you get a nice colour!

RTHR May 27th 2014
 
@beachgal Enjoy your mani/pedi ! Glad to hear you are having a better day. My sleep seems a bit messed up the last 2 nights again yet I am doing nothing different. Odd & annoying.
 
@NoraJ, nail color of choice today is OPI Passion which is not a subtle reference to the sex brochure afore mentioned. :-)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Drinks on the beach at 5 pm for all my Bonesmarties!
[Bonesmart.org] JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom