THR JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After discharge??!! :) Our husbands could be charged with 'taking advantage of a person not in charge of their faculties'!!
 
I'm just rolling with laughter at this sex stuff! If you had seen the diagrams inside the brochure showing the safe positions ( same two people illustrating as on the cover ) you'd never want to bother with sex ever again!!! Ugh!!!

Meanwhile, hubby, dog, and I spent some walking time this morning along the boardwalk at the harbor. We saw a few boats heading to the barrier islands for the day since it's a sunny 75 degrees with low humidity. We used to do our walks there often but I've had to sit on a bench while they walked this year. Imagine how happy we were to be able to stroll together this morning. Pure bliss. Little victory this morning pre-walk? I put on my socks and athletic shoes alone and even tied the laces. It took some contorting but I'm checking it off my list!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@beachgal I am sure I agree with your pamphlet being a total turn-off :)

Nice that you got out today. I really don't mind waiting on others if I am still in the fresh air ~ actually even if I am inside I don't mind waiting my turn at all; I am lucky to have the help I do and a really good way to put that help t an end would be for me to get demanding and act like a brat! I hope you don't pay a price for putting on your own shoes. I am so thick headed, I keep bending beyond my 90 degrees and I can feel it pull my thigh, butt and groin immediately! Today was reaching into the fridge for something instead of taking literally 30 seconds to get my tongs to prevent the bend/stretch.
 
So far, so good. We went to a gender reveal party for a young couple who are expecting their first baby and I stood up for most of the three hours we were there. I iced when I got home but was ok to cook dinner tonight. I'm tired, though. Hope to check on therapy pool tomorrow.

It's a BOY!

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Geeze Louise! You can sure tell that booklet was put together by a twenty-something, can't you. So that's what they think joint replacement patients look like???? They need to get on BoneSmart and take a look at the avatars on our forum!!! :heehee:
 
@beachgal. ..you are quite the social butterfly! But a gender reveal party is a new one on me! Is that a case if any excuse for a get together?

RTHR May 27th 2014
 
Re Gender Reveal parties...yes, they are pretty new to us, too...seems that young couples now ask to have their ultrasound (where they can tell the sex of the baby) sealed in an envelope and they take it to a trusted bakery and have them make a cake, frosted with white, and the layers are either pink or blue, depending on the sex of the baby! These cakes are quite elaborate, with fondant bows in both colors and lots of cute decorations, etc. The one we attended yesterday was a full luncheon, timed to coincide with a football game, and they "cut the cake" at halftime! We've also attended one where the couple was expecting twins and had to "cut the cake" in several places to find both pink and blue layers! It's quite fun and the couples usually only host these parties for their first child/children.
 
@muckingabout @Carriemay60 and @Jamie, I'm still chuckling about the sex pamphlet. It's on my desk at work so I see it when I first walk in! I think it's going in either the "file" or the trash today. If you ever get to the point in recovery of THINKING about having sex, this picture is enough to make the "mood" disappear!! It's just gross!
:yikes:
 
The gender reveal party does sound fun...I thought the parents might know beforehand.

As a singleton I shall leave the sex talk to you married ladies

RTHR May 27th 2014
 
Oh, it's worth a look at the picture on the front of the pamphlet my OS gave me to read....go look!!
 
I would agree it was the most inspiring of pictures... neither party looked paticularly enthusiastic at the prospect of being 'intimate'!

RTHR May 27th 2014
 
Last edited by a moderator:
You people are boggling my mind talking about sex pamphlets and gender reveals in the same breath. I know it's been a while, but I don't want any gender surprises.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@muckingabout, I hadn't thought about it but you're right!!! No gender surprises, we promise!!

Glad you have your rugs back down, just be aware...hubby wouldn't let me put ours down at our place in the Jackson area when we left last week but they'll go down when we return.

I've spent the last four hours pouring over surgery bills and insurance claim EOBs...UGH! I'm a detail person, naturally, but it really will take a genius to figure out and match up all these forms. I've got two bills from different anesthesia clinics for my surgery date??!! Really?? It took TWO?? :shrug:
 
@beachgal You really have to scrutinize those bills and make sure everything matches up. I had my last back surgery in Seattle and was billed for 2 MRI's on the day of surgery ~ one prior to surgery and one during surgery. We asked my surgeon and he had not done an MRI in the OR. They also billed us $1000 for a "teddy bear blanket" which apparently was a blanket I laid on following surgery? My husband asked them to send us the blanket at that price and lo & behold they took it off the bill. All together, with stuff like this, we had about $4000 taken off the bill!!
 
Nice work to do three flights of stair on Saturday, nice that your husband is looking out for your own good, even if terrified in the moment
 
Yep, we are starting to see our bills filter in too. So far not too bad, but the hospital stay is yet to come.
Great report on your morning walk too, definitely on your way! Congrats. I think it is going to be hard to shake the sex talk after we saw that pamphlet and that we are all adults. Thanks for the laugh @muckingabout , I thought the same thing about gender reveal, I truly enjoy your wit
 
Just a little report in today...I shaved my legs this morning sitting on the side of our Jacuzzi with water dripping from the faucet and a towel by my side, mostly to wrap my legs in when I cut the living daylights out of myself, but it didn't happen! I should have used a new razor blade, though, as I did have a few scraps that needed a bit of my Vitamin E oil but legs are smooth now, the old-fashioned way. I was nervous, I'll admit. My skin is still very dry and I'm hoping that regular shaving will help exfoliate some of the dryness away if i keep them slathered in lotion/oil. :yay:

So, now my leg/hip hurts a bit from all my contortions this morning. Not horrible, but I probably shouldn't have reached down quite as far as I did. Lesson learned. I iced at lunch today and have taken some Tylenol so all is fine. Hey, you want perfection?? (Question hubby and I ask each other from time to time...haha) :tantrum:

I'm also wearing my jeans for the first time since surgery. It's interesting. They aren't particularly tight but compared to the yoga pants I've been sporting and the dresses I've worn to work, they are like a corset! Can't wait to get home and take them off.....no, no sex reference here.... :rotfl:

Between yesterday and today, I've spent about six hours trying to figure out doctor's bills, radiologist bills, anesthesia bills, PT bills, hospital bills, and insurance EOBs. I HATE THIS! I've found six that have not filed against my insurance yet, one from February! I've found three that OWE ME MONEY, one from April! I did have a "breakthrough" this afternoon, though, when I determined how the insurance company calculated the amounts paid against my deductible. That was an achievement. Honestly, for those of you who are not at least seven weeks into recovery, leave the envelopes unopened in a place where you can't see them. It is not a chore that should be done until you're feeling much better...trust me. :shrug:
 
Oh @beachgal I am very grateful that the hospital bill was paid directly by my insurance company to the hospital! I have to pay my doctor directly and for PT and I can claim next July for what I'm entitled to which is between 50% and 75% ... better than last which had an excess which I think for you is a deductible. The balance I can claim tax relief on....

Good news on the smooth legs...I reckon I'll be sticking to the old fashioned shaving. The Nair experiment was not a success this side of the pond.

RTHR May 27th 2014
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom