Guest viewing is limited

THR JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@NoraJ
I am not fooling myself. Not planning for less than 6 weeks. Anything under will be a welcome surprise. My next exam is 4 September (about 5 weeks) Vroom vroom


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@NoraJ and @grnplatebrd, no one told me I could drive. But they didn't tell me I couldn't, either! I'm not on pain meds, left hip was operated, feel great so I guess I'm back to my old self. Easier to ask forgiveness than permission. :-)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Day 26. A good day. One of the better ones. I slept well last night. Dog is on the mend. Work is manageable. Hubby and dog will travel back to me tomorrow at lunch. Makes my heart happy to know we'll all be together again soon.

I had PT again this morning and skipped the clamshells. Added 20 bridges which I love and felt good. Rode incumbent bike again but slower. I don't hurt at all tonight. Happy about that, too.

Ok, so you already know I drove my car today. It was heaven. I plan to do more of it tomorrow morning before the car police aka hubby arrive. Almost forgot to take my cane with me but must remember it as a security precaution. Ok. Got it.

I also shaved my legs this afternoon. It seemed like the lesser of two evils so I got all set up as I had envisioned at 2 am night before last when I couldn't sleep and I had zero problems. I used baby lotion rather than shaving cream so no need to rinse legs. I covered recliner with towels. I had hot water bowl and razor on my table nearby. It was not graceful or elegant but my legs are smooth as a baby's butt. Again, heaven.

Sister brought fresh cantelope this afternoon and I enjoyed it on the deck. It's hotter here now than earlier this summer so I wasn't outside long but the sun felt so good on my face.

My prayers tonight are for safe travels for my two boys tomorrow and pain-free and sound sleep for all my BS buddies. You guys are the best and I want us all to skip into the future in perfect shape. That's my prayer.





Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
It's true, the support and understanding here is second to none. Having friends along on this ride with you is such a comfort and the advice from the pros here is valid and useful. Have a great day with the rest of the family coming home! :)
 
@muckingabout, @Carriemay60, @grnplatebrd, @ NoraJ, @lovestowalk, @toohip, @Jaycey, and all the others, hubby couldn't figure out why I spent so much time reading and posting on this forum months ago pre- op. Now he asks about you all!! So you've all really become part of my extended family!
Let's keep rockin our hips!! Give em something to talk about!!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
ok, now I "know" you a bit too. so glad it's been going well for you. it is an amazing life change.
 
I keep referring to the forum to my mum and physio and others as a reference point. My physio was really interested in hearing the different protocols. .. but without having the support of others having the shared experienced I would have been lost.
I was so taken aback by the impact emotionally this process had on me! You imagine other life experiences prepare you but this was such a different challenge for me personally. Knowing other were there (even some 5000 miles away!) Made the experience an easier one.

Thank you!
 
Day 27. An amazing full night of sleep last night and I awoke to mallards flying from one lake to another with my home in their path! What a glorious sound! Not nearly as much "pain" as after my first Healthplex PT session this morning so I walked about 1/2 mile while coffee was brewing. In this humid Southern heat, you get out early or you don't get out.

Showered after coffee and chose a few frozen items from the freezer for dinner tonight. Hubby and dog left noonish and drove up just as I put down ice water for Banjo and a Diet Coke for hubs. The toll these long weeks are taking on them is evident but they are taking it day by day, and rejoice in my little victories, too.

We're having a typical late summer afternoon thunder shower and it seems to cool temps but is really more relaxing than anything. Banjo is feeling like himself again and after an hour of love-love, he was happy to monitor the lizards by our deck. Hubby is napping before a delicious meal of poppy seed chicken casserole and broccoli.

There were a few issues at work but handled quickly and efficiently. Helps to know folks in the state and federal agencies we deal with so a phone call and a bit of "she's out with hip surgery" gets me a kitchen pass.

My housekeeper on the coast has been checking on our house every few days. She is a treasure. Keeps sheets changed and towels washed. I love her!

No cane today. All day. It's where I parked it when I got up this morning. Hubby was happy but nervous. Love to rock his world.




Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@beachgal
Sounds like a couple days of fantastic progress. I do want to say I appreciate you and your support as well. Your posts are always helpful, inspiring and on point...not to mention a good bit of humor.
Glad to hear your family is all back together and you keeping lining things up when the curves come.
Happy that Banjo is in a better place. With all we have going on, who needs to worry about our dogs as well.
 
Day 28. Four weeks today since my THR. What a difference a month makes!!

PT this morning and I drove myself! That trumps any reps I did but all training on schedule with zero pain.

Hubby and I saw "The Hundred-Foot Journey" this afternoon and stopped by our favorite pizza place for food and beers! Almost human again.

And here's a pic of our beautiful MS coast where I hope to be in just a couple more weeks.

[Bonesmart.org] JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!


Have a good evening!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Beautiful! My husband was in the Seabees, stationed in Gulfport about a century ago


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Your mention of poppyseed chicken casserole made me hungry! I had to google a recipe for it- can't believe I've never tried it!
Glad to hear you're doing well. I remember the first day back to driving- it was wonderful!
 
@beachgal
Another great day from the sounds of it. What great momentum and level of healing you are at.
Nice view indeed. Sounds like you have truly enjoyed yourselves too
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom