Guest viewing is limited

THR JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds perfect! Sorry your leg waxing didn't work out but I bet that butter is going to feel glorious! My son gave me a butter stick for Mother's Day for my feet and I just love it! :)
 
@beachgal, @muckingabout and @Carriemay60
Oh Ladies , I got such a giggle out of your posts on the shaving waxing/ debate. Very early on I restorted to a homemade device similar to @Jaycey. ..A razor sellotaped on to a wooden spoon . Not the most elegant but it did the trick as I could use it sitting down and didn't have to bend. Hopefully the waxing will work out next week.
 
@Nora, I'd love to try the razor on a stick and think I could master it but have been forbidden to use razor with these blood thinners coursing through my body. Hence the waxing idea. I think this flaky skin on my legs is a result of not being able to properly scrub them with my washcloth so I've got another chore for hubby at shower time. We are going to exfoliate! Then lotion! Then more lotion!

BTW, I slept without my compression sock last night. I'm supposed to wear it until Friday of next week but am tempted to just forget about it. It's become a nuisance beyond just wearing it. I can't shower unless someone is here to take it off. Then the lotion deal. I'm just figuring how to simplify things. Any thoughts? I still have to take my aspirin each day for another month but I'm so active now, I just can't see where DVT is still a concern. Am I wrong?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@beachgal, even Josephine did not wear compression hose. They may help with swelling, but they do not prevent DVT. I found I perferred to elevate and ice for the swelling rather than wear the TEDs which actually were cutting off my circulation and leaving an indentation in my leg under my knee---so they hurt!
 
@bottomshollow, appreciate the reply and assurance. I have zero swelling and haven't had any since the beginning of week two! I think these stockings are being retired. Today!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@beachgal, if I'm honest taking blood thinners never entered my head as a worry! My mum (a retired nurse) did mention something about me being a bit cracked and possibly a bit vain but I couldn't handle the hairy leg situation.... I didn't have TEDS either and although I had some minor swelling that may have more related to the temperature and once elevated they settled. You could have ceremonial burning of said stockings...
 
My swelling is still not entirely down and it's annoying because I can't bend my knee at a 90 degree angle.
 
Loofa sponge + determined hubby =
Smooth legs!! Now for the lotion!!!
I got this!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Day 22. We had a very relaxed and quiet day, full of naps and snacks! We went for a long ride late in the afternoon and followed up with a walk that took me almost to the end of our street. I wasn't sure when we started if I'd even be able to go to my previous benchmark but found as I walked, it got easier!

We had our tuna salad wraps for lunch as planned with a few remarks from hubby that it was nice to see me in the kitchen again! I'm planning to bake him some brownies this morning so he 'll have something sweet to take home tomorrow.

I'll confess my op side ached a bit yesterday and I wasn't as active. The walk helped and I probably should have done it earlier in the day. My energy level just seemed off so with hubby's naps, it was easy to rest and let my body take a breather. This morning it feels brand new!

I'm cooking up some fun plans for this afternoon so stay tuned!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
[Bonesmart.org] JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!


Banjo sharing snuggles while I have coffee.
 
Day 23. Two walks that equal probably 1/2 mile. Four PT sessions. Still no pain. Happy.

We went for a nice ride late this afternoon and got some ice cream. Both were delicious. Naps. Laundry. Wine. Brownies. All good. Feeling blessed by all in my life, even this crazy surgery/recovery. Kicked up my patience/tolerance level a few notches and reinforced my independence and determination. I don't like much of what's happened but I'm old enough to know that here is where we build character. I've got three sisters, six nieces and nephews, their spouses, hubby and his family who are watching me to see how it's done. I won't disappoint.




Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Day 24. Hubby and dog traveled back home this morning and I had my first PT at Healthplex this afternoon. I wasn't as weepy when they left today although dog was not ready to leave me. Sweet Banjo.

They arrived home safely which makes me fully exhale and he called to tell me we had received the initial EOB for hospital stay of surgery. Some $44k. Repriced to $25k. Deductible already met so no more out of our pocket. Hubby said he'd give them all our money to have his wife back. A keeper.

So I met Chad who interviewed me before PT. He was shocked when I spun the tale of no MRI for 10 months. I told him that I deal only in the present now and let's get started.
Kicked my butt. Mostly exercises that I've been doing at home but added 10 min on zero-resistance recumbent bike, 20 clam shell raises, 3 minutes on calf riser. He wanted me to do 20 leg raises to 45 degrees but I could only do 5 with pain in front groin area that plagued me prior.
Ice going on. Tylenol. Two glasses of wine and seafood gumbo. Need a break!! Good sore but....

I spent four hours working with clients this afternoon and talking on phone. It was a nice distraction and I'm gradually getting into work mode. I can do as much or as little of this as I feel like I'm up to since hubby is fielding most of the heavy-duty work. I'll either continue with clients when I go home or send them elsewhere. Depends. Really want to keep working for a few more years but losing the troublemakers. Just no sense in extra work.

So, it's been an interesting day. PT guy said to drive if I felt like it. May get legs waxed tomorrow. We'll see. Everything is not tied into real time these days. Depends.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@beachgal That sounds like a heck of a workout! I am sure your delicious dinner and glass of wine helped wind you down for the night. What typed of work is it that you do? Hope you have a great day!! :)
 
[Bonesmart.org] JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!


added 10 min on zero-resistance recumbent bike, 20 clam shell raises, 3 minutes on calf riser. He wanted me to do 20 leg raises to 45 degrees but I could only do 5 with pain in front groin area that plagued me prior.

@beachgal, please, please be very careful about overdoing the PT. It can cause chronic tendonitis which is very, very hard to get rid of and is very common in hippies who do too much exercise. Josephine will tell you that hips pretty much rehab themselves with you just living your life. She would be against clamshells for you at this point in recovery.

Take care and keep us posted. We care.
 
@bottomshollow, yeh, I think I've figured that out. Muscles are sore this morning. Clamshells may have to wait. I think I was excited to be back in the gym and my PT gal is very kind so I'll have no problem scaling it back tomorrow.




Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Carriemay60, hubby and I are CPAs. Quiet time of year for us as we specialize in tax but two more deadlines looming in Sept/Oct.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom